The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There was no replays at the start of the season, they suddenly appeared and I think Saturday was the first they disappeared.

I said from day one that the zoom of the football area isn't as it was with previous Falkirk TV, someone mentioned similar a few posts back. I generally sit very close to a 40inch TV screen now due to this. 

There is plus points with the new Falkirk TV but the one thing that lingers about the old team, they experienced everything over the years to know obstacles in their way that it was really only work commitments that seen no Falkirk TV. I hold my breath to see if we will have it at some away grounds and yes I know the line in the conditions re away games.

So hopefully the new team will learn this year to improve, one thing at least it's not the automated cameras that were in place in some clubs

It just all seems completely bizarre. I've said before your analyst films from the better position and he probably just keeps the camera as wide as possible and sportscodes with his other hand but why not get that camera as a wide shot on the stream - have second lower one doing plenty of zoom for close-ups shots, I'm fairly sure unlike me you pay for Vmix so you could certainly use it as a replay angle to make it more interesting at the very least. Wasn't that long ago Sky were sending only a couple of cameras to Premier League games. Even on the editing - why not replay? The replays I take make the skeleton of the highlights and I just finesse the length of the clip to the start of an attack or a coherent bit of commentary.

That zoom issue is confidence to go tight with the zoom and stick with play. Some people can't anticipate a pass in football to be fair. Also on availability there's not anywhere that you can't stream from. Edinburgh is the most irritating. Kelty told us we couldn't have power before we ended up sharing a gantry at the same side. Annan was fine once I stopped automatically connecting to a stray BT-Wifi without realising. We're very space restricted as well as Cove. Everywhere else is a doddle. Volunteers or not I can do it solo from every ground while chipping in with a twitter update when my fingers work.

At one point the tracking camera idea will work exceptionally - maybe just in 10 years time. Now though, Pixellot, especially, is for people who are technically and resource challenged. We've got Veo for the youth and I get the impression it's more passable but it may just be luck on dark nights that it's quite stable.

We’re currently experiencing the best start  in decades, and we’re being advised about Vmix and replay angles, zoom issues and Veo and Pixelott. With respect to all the people that give their valued time each and every Saturday (and midweek) to film the games, thanks. 
How did the FSS meeting go ?

Following Coll Donaldson's bullet of a strike on Saturday and the pictures of players in shock at it, which goal this season (so far) would get Goal of the Season? 

For me it's between Morrison v Annan, Spencer v QOS, Morrison v Montrose and Donaldson v Alloa. 

Mentions also to McIver's header in the 3-0 game v Stirling and Miller's tap in v Alloa in the 4-1 game which I'm sure was a really good team move

Edited by FK1Bairn
Forgot about Morrison v Montrose!

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Following Coll Donaldson's bullet of a strike on Saturday and the pictures of players in shock at it, which goal this season (so far) would get Goal of the Season? 

For me it's between Morrison v Annan, Spencer v QOS, Morrison v Montrose and Donaldson v Alloa. 

Mentions also to McIver's header in the 3-0 game v Stirling and Miller's tap in v Alloa in the 4-1 game which I'm sure was a really good team move

I'd go, best... Morrison v Montrose, second best goes to Coll Donaldson and the bronze medal to Brad Spencer v Queens

On 29/10/2023 at 22:10, RC55 FFC said:

OUT MONDAY…

🆕🎙️EP:59 RELENTLESS

🔵 EXCLUSIVE interview with Head of Youth Development @tonybegg 👶🏼
⚪️ Review the 3-0 win over Alloa Ath 🐝
🔵 @ProducerMac Bromance 💙
⚪️ Fortress Brockville update 🎤
🔵 New 3rd shirt ⚔️ &
⚪️ Preview QOS (A) 🚌 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_5565.thumb.jpeg.5c80d1b855c8933e1ecd5832c2402a71.jpeg

For those who have watched/listened to the podcast so far, thoughts on the Tony Begg/Academy interview? 

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

For those who have watched/listened to the podcast so far, thoughts on the Tony Begg/Academy interview? 

Really good, I definitely learned a lot from that interview. Hopefully we can get a full academy up and running by 2026 as that would also mean the club is progressing upwards

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd go, best... Morrison v Montrose, second best goes to Coll Donaldson and the bronze medal to Brad Spencer v Queens

As I've alluded to in the past, I take into account the importance of the goals, how they have contributed to a result and / or our points tally, the pressure the scorer is under, not just how fantastic a strike they are. So my choices would be:

First equal, Morrison v Montrose, Spencer v Stirling at Forthbank and Spencer v QOTS. Without those late goals we'd be 6 points worse off. Donaldson's, although a beauty, had no material effect on the result.

Edit: if pushed, I'd go for Morrison's v Montrose.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Really good interview and insight into the Academy, where it is just now and how far we still have to go. Loved how realistic Tony is about how everything relates to the first team doing well and how important finances for the first team squad are ahead of other things.

It’s important we all try to do our bit, if finances allow to help the academy.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As I've alluded to in the past, I take into account the importance of the goals, how they have contributed to a result and / or our points tally, the pressure the scorer is under, not just how fantastic a strike they are. So my choices would be:

First equal, Morrison v Montrose, Spencer v Stirling at Forthbank and Spencer v QOTS. Without those late goals we'd be 6 points worse off. Donaldson's, although a beauty, had no material effect on the result.

Edit: if pushed, I'd go for Morrison's v Montrose.

4 points worse off, but point still stands. 

Got to be Morrisons against montrose, the fact they equalised with not long to go, to get that winner so late, and for the absolute screamer it was and scenes it caused. Didn't realise how far out he actually was when he hit it until I watched the highlights as I was directly behind the goal. 

Belter 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

4 points worse off, but point still stands. 

Are you sure?

Without Morrison's goal v Montrose the score would've been 2-2, so 2 extra points.

Without Spencer's goal v Stirling the score would've been 1-1 so 2 extra points.

Without Spencer's goal v QOTS the score would've been 0-0 so 2 extra points.

6 points, no?

22 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Are you sure?

Without Morrison's goal v Montrose the score would've been 2-2, so 2 extra points.

Without Spencer's goal v Stirling the score would've been 1-1 so 2 extra points.

Without Spencer's goal v QOTS the score would've been 0-0 so 2 extra points.

6 points, no?

My bad, I have somehow completely ignored/missed your Spencer vs qots shout 👍

On 30/10/2023 at 19:55, Bula Bairn said:

Would look much better if filmed from the empty East side.

Would have thought sponsors would prefer that as well, looks like we're playing on a public park at times!  

Of course it would but I remember the previous people running FFCTV saying that the cost of running power and a platform to film was cost prohibitive especially as the club had a custom built spot in the main stand 

On 30/10/2023 at 21:18, LeodhasXD said:

It just all seems completely bizarre. I've said before your analyst films from the better position and he probably just keeps the camera as wide as possible and sportscodes with his other hand but why not get that camera as a wide shot on the stream - have second lower one doing plenty of zoom for close-ups shots, I'm fairly sure unlike me you pay for Vmix so you could certainly use it as a replay angle to make it more interesting at the very least. Wasn't that long ago Sky were sending only a couple of cameras to Premier League games. Even on the editing - why not replay? The replays I take make the skeleton of the highlights and I just finesse the length of the clip to the start of an attack or a coherent bit of commentary.

That zoom issue is confidence to go tight with the zoom and stick with play. Some people can't anticipate a pass in football to be fair. Also on availability there's not anywhere that you can't stream from. Edinburgh is the most irritating. Kelty told us we couldn't have power before we ended up sharing a gantry at the same side. Annan was fine once I stopped automatically connecting to a stray BT-Wifi without realising. We're very space restricted as well as Cove. Everywhere else is a doddle. Volunteers or not I can do it solo from every ground while chipping in with a twitter update when my fingers work.

At one point the tracking camera idea will work exceptionally - maybe just in 10 years time. Now though, Pixellot, especially, is for people who are technically and resource challenged. We've got Veo for the youth and I get the impression it's more passable but it may just be luck on dark nights that it's quite stable.

Why not offer your experience to Falkirk? At least you would see decent football more than four times this season. 😉