The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody have details on kick off time for under 18s Scottish Cup tie away at Ayr on Friday?

Yes, 1400 at Towhead Park, Cumnock. I'll probably be at it. Tony Begg is kind enough to copy me into the games schedule email every week. 

The club will likely put out a "games this weekend" graphic in the next day or so. 16s and 18s are at home to Elgin on Sunday and I'll be with the girls in Dumfries when they play QOTS. 

21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes, 1400 at Towhead Park, Cumnock. I'll probably be at it. Tony Begg is kind enough to copy me into the games schedule email every week. 

The club will likely put out a "games this weekend" graphic in the next day or so. 16s and 18s are at home to Elgin on Sunday and I'll be with the girls in Dumfries when they play QOTS. 

👍

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know it's off topic but just announced Grangemouth Oil refinery is going to close.  Never thought I'd see that.  Jeez

Having been born, brought up and still living in the town I would have thought this would be a catastrophe for the place, but being honest it’s an absolute shithole that’s been neglected for so long by Falkirk Council that I can’t see it making much difference to us who live there.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

As BB says I think a PCA is very unlikely given his age. And promotion with us should mean he can negotiate a better contract elsewhere. 

He would absolutely go with my best wishes, pretty much the only decent performer in two years of utterly shite teams, and always tries like f**k. Even if he doesnt head the ball and can be a greedy bas at times :lol:

If he gets promotion with us he’ll probably negotiate with us first to get a better deal and if he can’t get it then yes cal will look elsewhere for game time

But if he leaves I do and I think all of us should wish him well in his future endeavours even if he maybe selfish in possession and is absolutely shite at anything with his head

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Having been born, brought up and still living in the town I would have thought this would be a catastrophe for the place, but being honest it’s an absolute shithole that’s been neglected for so long by Falkirk Council that I can’t see it making much difference to us who live there.

Every last coin was screwed out of the facility for years with minimum investment.

Spencer injured for Saturday. My team would be

Long

Bisland Donaldson Lang Mccann

Yeats Henderson

Morrison Agyeman Miller

Maciver

Try to get 2/3 up as soon as at all possible and then get Lawal Nesbitt Mackie Allan on. Ross too but think he's not allowed to play by Raith. 

Edited by bairn88

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Long

Yeats Henderson

Morrison Agyeman Miller

Maciver

Try to get 2/3 up as soon as at all possible and then get Lawal Nesbitt Mackie Allan on. Ross too but think he's not allowed to play by Raith. 

Just start the fringe players. Quite disrespectful to score a few goals then put them on as soon as that happens.

25 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Long

Yeats Henderson

Morrison Agyeman Miller

Maciver

I've seen Formartine a few times in the last 3 months and this could be a riot on Saturday. Although sitting 3rd in the Highland League, realistically they are 5th best team in the division as the likes of Buckie and Brora have played less games and have more quality and rounded squads. Highland League sides outside the top 2 (Brechin and Banks o Dee) are a poorer overall standard than previous years.

I was at the Aberdeenshire Shield quarter final when Banks o Dee stuffed them 5-0.

Julian Wade, striker, formerly of Brechin is a player than could play L2, bags of pace and needs space behind limited. Dylan Lobban and Adam Emslie, both youngsters on loan from Aberdeen, are creative but lightweight. Defensively Formartine are shaky, centre backs are old fashioned with little pace and full backs will get destroyed by Morrison and Miller.

This will be wave after wave of Falkirk attack and I fully expect 4+ goals for the Bairns and a clean sheet. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I've seen Formartine a few times in the last 3 months and this could be a riot on Saturday. Although sitting 3rd in the Highland League, realistically they are 5th best team in the division as the likes of Buckie and Brora have played less games and have more quality and rounded squads. Highland League sides outside the top 2 (Brechin and Banks o Dee) are a poorer overall standard than previous years.

I was at the Aberdeenshire Shield quarter final when Banks o Dee stuffed them 5-0.

Julian Wade, striker, formerly of Brechin is a player than could play L2, bags of pace and needs space behind limited. Dylan Lobban and Adam Emslie, both youngsters on loan from Aberdeen, are creative but lightweight. Defensively Formartine are shaky, centre backs are old fashioned with little pace and full backs will get destroyed by Morrison and Miller.

This will be wave after wave of Falkirk attack and I fully expect 4+ goals for the Bairns and a clean sheet. 

Had only looked at the table so expected a game but let’s hope you’re right. I’d still stick with my lineup. If it’s done after 45 mins we can ease off with changes. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Not trusting the players and subbing on guys if they go a few goals up. I may have misinterpreted your post but are you implying sub them on as soon as 20 mins if 3-0 up?

Nah not 20 mins but come half time if the game is done ring the changes. We’re a club desperate for cash that a next round could bring not a charity 

Just now, bairn88 said:

Nah not 20 mins but come half time if the game is done ring the changes. We’re a club desperate for cash that a next round could bring not a charity 

Fair enough, personally I'd start the likes of Lawal, Allan etc who should be capable of getting a result, but if its going badly then sub the first team guys on.