The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

For me it was walking downstairs in the KM7 stand a few minutes before the end and seeing my 75 year old uncle and his friend clapping along to "if you hate Paul Hartley clap your hands" that showed that even the older generation of fan are loving going to games again and genuinely do hate Hartley

looked like some of the Cove fans joined in as well 

14 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Good video of the first goal tonight.

Given the context of that goal, that's an incredible lack of passion and excitement from whoever is filming that btw. f**k me!

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given the context of that goal, that's an incredible lack of passion and excitement from whoever is filming that btw. f**k me!

It was a bit subdued from the KM7 Stand as from our perspective it wasn't as obvious it had went in

11 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sobering thought for anybody getting carried away.

IF we had lost at Hamilton instead of winning we would now have 49 points, Accies would have 44 points and would have a game in hand. And we still have to play each other twice.

Fine margins.

I know @Bairnardo will probably not agree with this, but with the result last night we really are in the last chance saloon already.

If (and it's a big if) we can win every game until we meet on the 17th of Feb then beat you, and in the interim period you drop a couple of points somewhere (I'm looking at Montrose at home or Cove away as the best hope), then we'll be 3 behind you with the game at NDP to go.

With the form you are in I really can't see any other scenario where we get a shot at clawing you back in.

I know Accies fans are pissed off with Rankin (and they are right to be) but Falkirk are on pace for 93 points this season. That's a ridiculous total for one club to achieve, never mind wanting two teams to be at that level.

The challenge for Accies will be building and maintaining confidence and momentum to not go into the playoffs on the back foot. We're good enough to get through them IMO.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

OK but the microphone doesn't even pick up a decent cheer from anywhere close to them.

Looks like it was filmed from the press area. If so it's on the part of the ground that is closest to the away fans and furthest from the "noisy" element of our support. 

8 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Our HIghlights package picks it up better I think

I'm not saying there wasn't a good cheer (you can hear it in the background) but I am saying the area of the ground where that video was taken is so quiet.

Given what's at stake i'd be going off my tits at that point.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not saying there wasn't a good cheer (you can hear it in the background) but I am saying the area of the ground where that video was taken is so quiet.

Given what's at stake i'd be going off my tits at that point.

It's probably the quietest part of the ground with the least number of fans in it. 

fans (4).jpg

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know @Bairnardo will probably not agree with this, but with the result last night we really are in the last chance saloon already.

If (and it's a big if) we can win every game until we meet on the 17th of Feb then beat you, and in the interim period you drop a couple of points somewhere (I'm looking at Montrose at home or Cove away as the best hope), then we'll be 3 behind you with the game at NDP to go.

With the form you are in I really can't see any other scenario where we get a shot at clawing you back in.

I know Accies fans are pissed off with Rankin (and they are right to be) but Falkirk are on pace for 93 points this season. That's a ridiculous total for one club to achieve, never mind wanting two teams to be at that level.

The challenge for Accies will be building and maintaining confidence and momentum to not go into the playoffs on the back foot. We're good enough to get through them IMO.

I'm not daft I know that the percentages will show us as almost insurmountable favourites. Also, were I in yous shoes I'd be saying we are as good as out of it. That said, all I am doing and all.I want from the club is to avoid any sort of hubris and/or complacency given what's at stake. We celebrate at the end if each game, and the big one when the league is wrapped up but until then, there's no requirement to be sating anything other than let's just out there and win every week. All I want is to quietly get.on with the job in a professional manner as we have so far, devoid of drama or nonsense, until the really high stakes, long overdue job is complete. Then il allow myself a period of utterly unbecoming lording

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

OK but the microphone doesn't even pick up a decent cheer from anywhere close to them.

It's just a groundhopper with no affiliation and that corner is sparsely populated - might even be from the press area. 

The stadium and KM was plenty loud enough but appreciate you bringing your experience with low crowd noise 😏

39 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's just a groundhopper with no affiliation and that corner is sparsely populated - might even be from the press area. 

The stadium and KM was plenty loud enough but appreciate you bringing your experience with low crowd noise 😏

Hamilton fan slagging atmosphere? Oh the irony 

43 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's definitely from the press area which usually only has a few people (not fans) in and around that section.

That said, the poster has put a full YouTube video out of the game and you can hear the KM7 nicely including a nice rendition to Hartley. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell that Rankin will win a playoff this is the time with the league being well over due to the manager. For the club to be looking at bringing in a new manager for the playoffs instead of backing this guy with even more signings that he will waste anyway or won't play at all if they don't become one of his favourites. It's so clear and obvious to me that we will lose to 3rd in the playoffs under Rankin it wouldn't even surprise me if we collapsed as badly as Falkirk did last season in the playoff I've been saying this even when we were top I never trusted Rankin and it doesn't surprise me one bit we find ourselves in this situation the way I see it if Rankin is still here by May we will see be in league 1 in August and that will continue until he's gone.

4400 Falkirk fans there last night, 4500 the week before. That’s in league one. Is it totally inconceivable that a Falkirk side competing in the top flight could attract close to 6000 home fans? At that point we would 100% need a fourth stand!

Just now, Rennieball said:

Rankin has done a decent job for you. Hardly his fault that he's against such a good Falkirk side. 

He really hasn't. Looking at your team's results not only are you getting the job done, you're playing good football and are a constant threat.

We slog our way through games with no obvious gameplan and never looking like we will click for a full 45 / 90.

He has no clue how to change a game, and makes baffling subs that often weaken the side on the park.

Our squad strength means we're 2nd in the league in spite of John Rankin, not because of him.