The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

4400 Falkirk fans there last night, 4500 the week before. That’s in league one. Is it totally inconceivable that a Falkirk side competing in the top flight could attract close to 6000 home fans? At that point we would 100% need a fourth stand!

You didn't do it before so what's changed?

You won't be on 25 game unbeaten runs in the Championship or Premiership which will lead to some/many of the fair weather fans drifting away again.

Clubs like yourselves (and us) would be much better off if the fans that do appear when we do well were to come all the time but they just don't.

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Rankin has done a decent job for you. Hardly his fault that he's against such a good Falkirk side. 

"A decent job" 😂 he got us relegated in a league that had 2 part time teams in it and both of those teams were dreadful. He's been backed in the summer and bottled it again and has us knocked out of every cup competition before Christmas. Apart from the challenge cup win under him it's been 18 months of failure going towards 24 if we keep him till the summer. 

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You won't be on 25 game unbeaten runs in the Championship or Premiership which will lead to some/many of the fair weather fans drifting away again.

Clubs like yourselves (and us) would be much better off if the fans that do appear when we do well were to come all the time but they just don't.

Couple of things. Firstly, we were last in the premiership 15 years ago. A lot has changed including population etc. Secondly, the last few years have  probably been the lowest point in Falkirks history and attendances hovered between 3500-3700. Last season when things got a little bit better attendances averaged about 4000 home fans. Therefore, our 25 unbeaten run has only really added on an extra 4-500 to the gate. Unfortunately, league 1 football playing against mostly part time teams still fails to attract a lot of fans. A Falkirk team, in the premiership, playing against a lot better opposition with a significant increase in standard could definitely attract an extra 1k -1.5k Falkirk fans through the door each week. Appreciate this is just my own opinion and others may disagree.

Edited by Big chungus

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I can't agree with this more.

We were getting better home crowds towards the end of last season when the title challenge looked like succeeding. A lot of them have dropped away as our form has this season.

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Couple of things. Firstly, we were last in the premiership 15 years ago. A lot has changed including population etc. Secondly, the last few years have  probably been the lowest point in Falkirks history and attendances hovered between 3500-3700. Last season when things got a little bit better attendances averaged about 4000 home fans. Therefore, our 25 unbeaten run has only really added on an extra 4-500 to the gate. Unfortunately, league 1 football playing against mostly part time teams still fails to attract a lot of fans. A Falkirk team, in the premiership, playing against a lot better opposition with a significant increase in standard could definitely attract an extra 1k -1.5k Falkirk fans through the door each week. Appreciate this is just my own opinion and others may disagree.

Would love to see TFS finally completed with the addition of a fourth stand. This realistically won't happen until we're back in the Premiership, and even then, it will most likely be occupied in its entirety by Old Firm fans. Would be an obvious money spinner, but I'm not keen on the thought of us being outnumbered at home. Three full stands of Bairns would be amazing. Hopefully we see it one day.

5 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Would love to see TFS finally completed with the addition of a fourth stand. This realistically won't happen until we're back in the Premiership, and even then, it will most likely be occupied in its entirety by Old Firm fans. Would be an obvious money spinner, but I'm not keen on the thought of us being outnumbered at home. Three full stands of Bairns would be amazing. Hopefully we see it one day.

If I ever win euromillions (which I don't even play) TFS will be getting a La Bombanera style 4th stand.

A 'La Bairnbanera' if you will. 

IMG_1645.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If I ever win euromillions (which I don't even play) TFS will be getting a La Bombanera style 4th stand.

IMG_1645.jpeg

Am I the only one who sees Benidorme when looking at this stand? 🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

IMG_1645.jpeg

VIP balconies for some of the more high profile P&B Bairns 👌

19 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

"A decent job" 😂 he got us relegated in a league that had 2 part time teams in it and both of those teams were dreadful. He's been backed in the summer and bottled it again and has us knocked out of every cup competition before Christmas. Apart from the challenge cup win under him it's been 18 months of failure going towards 24 if we keep him till the summer. 

And guess what? He's up against (a) a manager who has also been very well backed across every transfer window for which he has been in charge and (b) a team who are on an exceptional run of good form. That's the context which you singularly fail to mention in any of your myriad diatribes against Rankin, so I've done it for you.

Coming off second best to a far bigger club having an excellent season is nothing like the massive underachievement that you and a few other Hamilton fantasists believe it to be. 

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

Interesting admission from Hartley, as reported in the Falkirk Herald, “They were simply better than us – we came to try and contain them and get the fans on their backs.”

Needs to do his homework. Falkirk fans don’t get on their team’s backs anymore, but they certainly got on his. 

That's exactly the kind of lazy shite I'd expect from him after his time with us.

Only took about 3 games this season at home for other managers to notice the change and comment that it was obvious the fans weren't going to turn negative.

For him to try a failed tactic, months later shows him for the fanny he is. 

32 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Yeah, I think everyone would love the stadium to get completed. But that’s sort of the point I’m making if we could get back into the premiership and average 5.5k -6k home fans for a run of the mill premiership game. Then big games like local derbys, or Scottish cup quarter finals could attract even more fans, then at that point a fourth stand is both economically sensible and financial viable. I think for most fans a forth stand is an absolute pipe dream but the point I’m trying to make it that maybe, just maybe we aren’t actually that far away from it. Yes yes, not even promoted out of league 1 yet and I’m getting far too ahead of myself.

Edited by Big chungus

7 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And guess what? He's up against (a) a manager who has also been very well backed across every transfer window for which he has been in charge and (b) a team who are on an exceptional run of good form. That's the context which you singularly fail to mention in any of your myriad diatribes against Rankin, so I've done it for you.

Coming off second best to a far bigger club having an excellent season is nothing like the massive underachievement that you and a few other Hamilton fantasists believe it to be. 

Hamilton are definitely second best in the league and comfortably so. There is no shame in that but I think their fans are entitled to think they should still be doing better than they are with the resources avaliable.

51 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I remember first going with my old man around 1991. 

We beat airdrie 3-1 then clydebank 7-1 then Raith 5-1. In the space of 8 days i think and that was me hooked. 

This feels the same and i think any kid going right now will quickly get hooked like i was. 

6 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Hamilton are definitely second best in the league and comfortably so. There is no shame in that but I think their fans are entitled to think they should still be doing better than they are with the resources avaliable.

I know Hamilton fans will be frustrated and if our positions were reversed I would feel exactly the same way about any prospect of winning the league. 

I think if you can keep the squad together for the playoffs or next season then you've a good chance at promotion in either.

It's worth noting you're a much better team in your first year in this division than we were in any of our first 4 but we are just outstanding this year. Our cup games have shown we would be challenging in the division above as it stands.

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Rankin is pretty clueless mind you. Who in their right mind would think Kevin O'Hara is a better player than Euan Henderson.

21 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I remember first going with my old man around 1991. 

We beat airdrie 3-1 then clydebank 7-1 then Raith 5-1. In the space of 8 days i think and that was me hooked. 

This feels the same and i think any kid going right now will quickly get hooked like i was. 

Raith was 7-1 and the Bankies 5-1.

It was the last game for Frank Connor as Raith boss.

Hate to be be a bit of a downer, and I generally agree that the quality of the Championship is pretty dogshit, but I don’t think we can read overly much into the cup games against teams from the league above. Appreciate we’ve done very well against them this year, but competing at a level above week in week out is totally different to a one-off game. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

13 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I know Hamilton fans will be frustrated and if our positions were reversed I would feel exactly the same way about any prospect of winning the league. 

I think if you can keep the squad together for the playoffs or next season then you've a good chance at promotion in either.

It's worth noting you're a much better team in your first year in this division than we were in any of our first 4 but we are just outstanding this year. Our cup games have shown we would be challenging in the division above as it stands.

Our team the first season down wasn't too shabby. We only lost 4 games out of the 28 we played and our defence was decent only conceding 18. Will be interesting to see what accies record is after 28 games. 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Hate to be be a bit of a downer, and I generally agree that the quality of the Championship is pretty dogshit, but I don’t think we can read overly much into the cup games against teams from the league above. Appreciate we’ve done very well against them this year, but competing at a level above week in week out is totally different to a one-off game. 

Yeah we still need 6-8 new signings next year to compete at the top end of the championship next season.