The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Nothing wrong with it, sending 5 subs on at once

I do it all the time when playing FC24 😜

Was only 3 subs last I played but likewise. All subs on and arrows to the opposite goal! 

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

At first I was a bit perturbed about using all 5 subs at once, but then I realised we could have pumped that mob with 8 men, so it would be fine. 

It did feel like that. Wouldn’t be surprise if Finn Yeats could also be a quality stand in goalie!

Edited by Dave McInally

31 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Caught most of the game on Falkirk TV. Great performance. Still find it strange to use all 5 subs at once with a fair bit of time left but Alloa never looked in the game at all. 

Do we change it up for TNS? 

Never change a winning side but Shanley getting a goal and assist in 15 minutes I'd be starting him.

49 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Caught most of the game on Falkirk TV. Great performance. Still find it strange to use all 5 subs at once with a fair bit of time left but Alloa never looked in the game at all. 

Do we change it up for TNS? 

We could possibly not have a game between the TNS game and Hamilton game if Cove beat Brora in the cup so i go full strength. 

38 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'd hope not.  Saturday night under the lights and a cup semi final.  I'd hope we'd be pushing 5k.  TNS will bring more than most League 1 teams you'd expect too. 

TNS will bring 30 tops. They scrape a few hundred on a weekly basis.

If we get 4k it's a very good crowd.

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

TNS will bring 30 tops. They scrape a few hundred on a weekly basis.

If we get 4k it's a very good crowd.

Will be live on TV too so may have an impact. 

Aside from allowing players to rest, you have account for the fact, although we're probably not fully there yet, that Shanley and Tait have at least got the managers attention for a start in their own right. 

16 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Aye, a national tv audience will watch the magnficent Bairns 

Guaranteed. Sheffield Utd vs Villa at 5:30pm then us vs TNS at 7:40pm. The McGinn’s double bill (provided Stephen plays). 

Edited by Dave McInally

Whoever mentioned Lawal's skinny pin legs and slight frame wasn't lying. Jesus, had to double take that.

Already I can tell we don't own the ball enough in games to play to his strengths. He has a nice turn, bit of flair you can tell. We were completely and utterly useless today so won't just judge him on that game alone. Saying that, i have a feeling he'll be warming the bench for us before too long and used as an impact sub.

Comprehensive and deadly from the Bairns today. Title is yours in January it seems

Edited by CoveRangers1922

16 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Will be live on TV too so may have an impact. 

Totally agree….. TNS are another of these clubs bankrolled by a wealthy sponsor on the lines of the Queens Park scenario & unsurprisingly as the only full time side in Welsh Premier make it a one horse race every season.  

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Whoever mentioned Lawal's skinny pin legs and slight frame wasn't lying. Jesus, had to double take that.

Already I can tell we don't own the ball enough in games to play to his strengths. He has a nice turn, bit of flair you can tell. We were completely and utterly useless today so won't just judge him on that game alone. Saying that, i have a feeling he'll be warming the bench for us before too long and used as an impact sub.

Comprehensive and deadly from the Bairns today. Title is yours in January it seems

Exactly how he was for us though. You can’t really have a career as an impact sub as you’ll quickly find yourself down the divisions. Hope he shows something for you soon otherwise it’s national league south at best next season.

Even the slightest bit of Googling will quickly tell you that TNS embody a huge amount that is wrong with modern football and for that reason (along with wanting to maintain our record as the Challenge Cup’s most successful ever side x) I hope we pump them rotten.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Even the slightest bit of Googling will quickly tell you that TNS embody a huge amount that is wrong with modern football and for that reason (along with wanting to maintain our record as the Challenge Cup’s most successful ever side x) I hope we pump them rotten.

Their squad is bottom end of Scottish prem from what I’ve seen. Think it’ll be a right good game, something about the KM that comes into its own for a cup game 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Their squad is bottom end of Scottish prem from what I’ve seen. Think it’ll be a right good game, something about the KM that comes into its own for a cup game 

Bottom end premier I'm not sure about that.  McManus was the player of the year down there last season and his scoring record in the Scottish championship is piss poor never mind the top flight. They also only beat east fife on pens .I'd say championship at best.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bottom end premier I'm not sure about that.  McManus was the player of the year down there last season and his scoring record in the Scottish championship is piss poor never mind the top flight. They also only beat east fife on pens .I'd say championship at best.

Think they rotated heavily for east fife. Pumped Arbroath rotten. Maybe top 4 championship more realistic