The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t want to get ahead of ourself as @Blame Mesays but if it was a Raith vs Falkirk final then they’d technically have the chance to draw level on the number of trophies won and us to go clear ahead(although one of theirs was shared because of Covid). 

John McGlynn would also have an opportunity to be the most successful manager in the competition(still technically though due to 19/20).

9 hours ago, BPM Again said:

You take absolutely no account of our progression. Just look at below, think about our record v Championship teams this season and how much our side has changed. Look at this below and tell me we have not moved on at a rapid rate. We have been playing against a “very poor standard” for nearly 5 years. I would fancy us against Airdrie any day of the week now. 

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

IMG_7384.jpeg

Airdrie haven't beat Ayr or Dundee united in the 4 games they've played this season. They've won and drawn with queens park . I would reckon it would be a tight game but would fancy our chances at a neutral venue.

2 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

These tables certainly don't lie.  The club is now progressing in a positive direction under the stewardship of those now involved.  When up to 2 years ago the club was on a downward spiral at risk of being relegated to league 2!

Just to think quoting Gary Deans at the infamous Q&A. I am paraphrasing but along the lines of “if I thought changing the chairman would make a difference I would step aside tomorrow and get my Saturday’s back”. Well blow me down we haven’t replaced him and it has improved. 

25 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not having a ‘shared’ final being totted up as a win. In the bin.

Agreed, why I stressed technically. 

Would expect the final to be at Livingston if Raith are involved and Broadwood is Airdrie are involved (regardless of who wins our semi final)

In the all time ranks we have won it four times. Hamilton have 3, Inverness and Raith have 2.5 each. Airdrie technically have 3 in their previous guide and 1 since their liquiditation. Not sure if that counts as 4 or if we are alone on 4.

Falkirk have been to 4 finals and won them all. The only other teams that have been to at least one final and not lost a final are Stranraer and Stenhousemuir (1 apiece in the 90s) and original Airdrie (who won in 95, 2001 and 2002) but that falls apart if you consider new Airdrie the same club. 

It still surprises me a few years on that the SPFL put a final between Ross County and Connah’s Quay Nomads in Inverness rather than rather than in Glasgow or somewhere else in the central belt. It meant one team having a 15-20 minute drive and the other having a 7 hour drive whereas Firhill (for example) is nearly equidistant, so it seems like the Scottish teams will get preferential treatment if a non-Scottish club makes the final.

Obviously it’s fairly unlikely that you can find a ground in Scotland that is equidistant when a non-Scottish side is involved (Ross County making the final made that easier), but it would surely make sense for Palmerston Park to be an option if TNS beat us. 

7 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

It still surprises me a few years on that the SPFL put a final between Ross County and Connah’s Quay Nomads in Inverness rather than rather than in Glasgow or somewhere else in the central belt. It meant one team having a 15-20 minute drive and the other having a 7 hour drive whereas Firhill (for example) is nearly equidistant, so it seems like the Scottish teams will get preferential treatment if a non-Scottish club makes the final.

Obviously it’s fairly unlikely that you can find a ground in Scotland that is equidistant when a non-Scottish side is involved (Ross County making the final made that easier), but it would surely make sense for Palmerston Park to be an option if TNS beat us. 

I believe the Welsh team flew up so made it easier for the team. Not the fans. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah read that. Wonder what type of wages they pay ?

The League is pish but he might get a few European games.

When Roy Carroll signed for Linfield years ago, he was only on £500 per week if I recall. Dunno if Linfield's finances have changed much since then, but if they haven't then European football is the only carrot they can dangle in front of Callumn. Still holding out hope that he'll stay.

9 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

So how large a fee would we be happy with if he did go?

I doubt they even have enough to convince me to be happy with him leaving mid-season of our most important season for many a year.

If a bid comes in for Morrison, the two questions that need to be asked are firstly, can we win the league without him? And secondly, does the fee offered outweigh the damage to the club from potentially not going up this season? 

If the answer is no-no, then we shouldn’t really even consider it.

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

If a bid comes in for Morrison, the two questions that need to be asked are firstly, can we win the league without him? And secondly, does the fee offered outweigh the damage to the club from potentially not going up this season? 

If the answer is no-no, then we shouldn’t really even consider it.

Even if that is a No-Yes we shouldn’t even consider it, we have to go up.