The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t see how letting Morrison go now would make any sense, both in terms of balance of the team or financially. Unless he’s made it clear he wants to go in January and would down tools if he wasn’t allowed to - but I don’t see that being the situation at all. Hopefully all talk.

Be gutted to see Morrison go.  He is reponsible for a large percentage of our chances either scoring himself or laying them off to another.  Our shots on goal/chances per game will immediately plummet.  I realise it's only a matter of time, but I hope it's at the end of the season.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

52 minutes ago, alonso said:

Any word where he's going and how much we would get... any less than £150k we shouldn't let him go. 

Would need to be more than that for me, promotion is probably worth 500k to us next season all in so I’d keep him regardless of a decent bid arriving. Unless of course he has a release clause in his contract we can’t do anything about. My opinion is he will be going nowhere as nobody is going to be prepared to pay 6 figures or more for a guy they can sign for free in May. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Looks like a lot of shite daily record related rumours to me.

As others have said promotion is worth £500k to the club so there is no way we are letting him go for less than that/ anyone is going to offer us that much

The only scenario I can see him signing for a fee in this window is if he is then loaned back to us until May (which would make sense for a young player but Morrison is 24 now)

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Be gutted to see Morrison go.  He is reponsible for a large percentage of our chances either scoring himself or laying them off to another.  Our shots on goal/chances per game will immediately plummet.

I know this isn’t what you’re saying, but we need to steer clear of any suggestion that we’re a one man team. Yes he’ll be a loss whenever he leaves, but his consistency isn’t necessarily greater than anyone else in the team and it’s an opportunity for Ross, Tait and Alfie to step up. 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like a lot of shite daily record related rumours to me.

As others have said promotion is worth £500k to the club so there is no way we are letting him go for less than that/ anyone is going to offer us that much

The only scenario I can see him signing for a fee in this window is if he is then loaned back to us until May (which would make sense for a young player but Morrison is 24 now)

It's the Daily Record hardly a font of reliable and credible articles. It's down to Morrison in the end, if he want's to go - go with the clubs best wishes and goodwill. Pointless having a player on the books against their will and even unintentionally holding back to avoid injury to avoid endangering his payday as a free agent.

If he did go we won’t get anywhere near the fee we’d hope for, mainly because it’ll be the player who really wants to leave and there’s not much we can do to stop that - just how transfers work. 

If it was solely up to the club I doubt we’d accept anything less than 150/200k tbh 

Edited by bairn88

Morrison has been great to watch this season but I think this demonstrates nicely that we are anything but a one-man team. Especially as 4 of those 12 goals were penalties 

Screenshot2024-02-01at16_03_27.thumb.png.0570dff751cbdba47bad48c887f7773b.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Morrison has been great to watch this season but I think this demonstrates nicely that we are anything but a one-man team. Especially as 4 of those 12 goals were penalties 

Get what you're saying, and the numbers don't lie, but it would be a shame to see him go all the same. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

I know this isn’t what you’re saying, but we need to steer clear of any suggestion that we’re a one man team. Yes he’ll be a loss whenever he leaves, but his consistency isn’t necessarily greater than anyone else in the team and it’s an opportunity for Ross, Tait and Alfie to step up. 

This is true as well, we’ve looked every bit as dangerous in certain games where Morrison has been quiet or out injured. In fact going on the season so far if pushed I’d say Calvin Miller has been the more impressive of all our wide players even having spent two months out injured. Both Alfie and Ross have also contributed, we are the opposite of a one man team I’d say as we have good interchangeable options in all those front three positions.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

14 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I think it is a given he will be away in the summer and if and it is a big if we get an offer over £125k we should consider it,we turned down Sevco's offer for Gow and he hardly kicked a ball for us after that.

Or them for that matter.

47 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Despite Calvin Miller being out for two months and not being the penalty taker he’s been directly involved in 16 goals via either assist or scoring them to Morrisons 15, McIver is also matching Morrisons stats here. I think you make the point nicely that although we don’t want to loose any of our better players our squad is pretty healthy and would most likely cope with the loss of Morrison. It’s a bit of a moot point anyway as I’m still of the opinion no club is going to be prepared to pay decent money for him when he’s available for free in only a few months so he’s going nowhere IMO barring some sort of release clause in his contract we don’t know about. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Everything I can see today points to the original Scott Burns/Daily Record info.

There is nothing new being reported by outlets here or in NI or by anyone on SM that anything has progressed. 

Scott Burns was the one breaking the Hamilton bids too. 

Just now, BPM Again said:

Scott Burns was the one breaking the Hamilton bids too. 

I think it started with the young Lanarkshire Live journo, who let it slip on Twitter that he knew Accies had made a bid and that we'd responded (to say fk off) which suggests that Mad Gerry was showing him the communications.  Stupidly transparent.

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Despite Calvin Miller being out for two months and not being the penalty taker he’s been directly involved in 16 goals via either assist or scoring them to Morrisons 15, McIver is also matching Morrisons stats here. I think you make the point nicely here that although we don’t want to loose any of our better players our squad is pretty healthy and would most likely cope with the loss of Morrison. It’s a bit of a moot point anyway as I’m still of the opinion no club is going to be prepared to pay decent money for him when he’s available for free in only a few months so he’s going nowhere IMO barring some sort of release clause in his contract we don’t know about. 

Calvin is our most important player imo and he's well on his way to winning PotY at this rate. I still can't quite believe that Morton weren't able to get the best out of him. Hope Callumn stays but it's not looking likely.