The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Yeats is not 6 foot 4 😂😂

Just read the Google preview of the Aberdeen press release of his signing and it added a bit from the player above him no clue how tall he is probably about 5ft 7-9

thats why I asked for fact checking in the post 

Edited by Hisingdoon
Adding a bit extra context

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nothing wrong with that. Baptie and McAllister came from the juniors.

Doug Somner, Brian Martin and, er, Stewart Wheatley as well, although Cumbernauld Colts are not strictly a Junior side.
You know, maybe we should scout the lower leagues a bit more…….

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the main thing that could see our title tilt derailed would be an injury to one of (or both, which doesn't bear thinking about) our centre halves. We've been lucky in this regard so far, but I really think that McGlynn should be looking to bring in some decent cover in that area. Other than that, we're hunky dory I would say.

I think we’d be covered for injuries to our CBs (heaven forbid of course). You can stick Mackie or Hendo left side and Bisland can be moved in to the right side if needs be, according to McGlynn. In an unlikely emergency McKay could be recalled from Kelty but needless to say nobody wants to see that happen.

Edited by GunnerBairn

12 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Neither of you answered my question 

Falkirk Honours:

14 Trophies.

League

Cups

QOTS Honours:

5 Trophies.

National League Competitions Division 2 – Champions 1950–51, 2001–02, 2012–13; Runners-up 1932–33, 1961–62, 1974–75, 1980–81, 1985–86

Division 3 – Runners-up 1924–25

National Cup Competitions

Scottish League Challenge Cup – Winners 2002–03, 2012–13; Runners-up 1997–98, 2010–11

Scottish Qualifying Cup – Winners 1923–24

Scottish Cup – Runners-up 2007–08

B.P. Youth Cup – Runners-up 1985–86

But I acknowledge that you have won a trophy more recently than us.

19 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Doug Somner, Brian Martin and, er, Stewart Wheatley as well, although Cumbernauld Colts are not strictly a Junior side.
You know, maybe we should scout the lower leagues a bit more…….

It was a wee bit different back in the day as we were signing players into a part time team, and there was much more movement between junior and senior. But it’s still a good thing. The mire competitive they can make the pyramid, the more this will happen. 

34 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

KM7 stand looks like it will sell out tomorrow, which suggests a home turnout of around 4.5k.

Good effort for a diddy cup match live on the BBC 

I can't see it in the schedules, is our game live on terrestial telly?

55 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

KM7 stand looks like it will sell out tomorrow, which suggests a home turnout of around 4.5k.

Good effort for a diddy cup match live on the BBC 

Main stand looks quite sparse tbh. I think a crowd of 3000 max 

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

In an unlikely emergency McKay could be recalled from Kelty 

No he couldn't. He's only eligible to play for them for the remainder of the season and  won't, therefore, ever be seen in a Falkirk shirt again.

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

I think we’d be covered for injuries to our CBs (heaven forbid of course). You can stick Mackie or Hendo left side and Bisland can be moved in to the right side if needs be, according to McGlynn. In an unlikely emergency McKay could be recalled from Kelty but needless to say nobody wants to see that happen.

I get that we've got cover, but I wouldn't want Henderson moving away from midfield as he's a crucial part of that now and I feel Mackie's a bit of a hit or miss at times. I wouldn't want to rely on Bisland either. I'd rather we had a ready made replacement, just to give us a bit more security.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I’ve been watching re-runs of the Falkirk TV highlights packages on YouTube (as you do) and couldn’t help but notice that the Ultras being slap bang in the middle of the away stand at NDP created a fantastic atmosphere and seemed to “grow” the participation of fans on both sides of them.

Now, somebody will need to help me out here – in the KM7 stand do you have to sit in an allocated seat or is first come, first served? I don’t understand why the Ultras seem to be squashed into the corner near the main stand, surely they would generate more noise and atmosphere if they located themselves right behind the goals? Would it cause too many problems with supporters who traditionally sit behind the goals?

I watch all the games on Falkirk TV so maybe some of you who actually sit in the KM7 stand can give me your input?

In the KM7 stand it's first come first served. Although most seem to sit in the same seats every week as force of habit. Only ones that seem to want to sit in allocated seats are those that only come to games for the first time,  as they don't know that it's a free for all.  Has caused a couple of issues at games.

As regards the ultras I'm sure I was told that they were given the corner of the stand to begin with just to see how things developed and as a way of encouraging the main stand to join in the atmosphere 

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I’ve been watching re-runs of the Falkirk TV highlights packages on YouTube (as you do) and couldn’t help but notice that the Ultras being slap bang in the middle of the away stand at NDP created a fantastic atmosphere and seemed to “grow” the participation of fans on both sides of them.

Now, somebody will need to help me out here – in the KM7 stand do you have to sit in an allocated seat or is first come, first served? I don’t understand why the Ultras seem to be squashed into the corner near the main stand, surely they would generate more noise and atmosphere if they located themselves right behind the goals? Would it cause too many problems with supporters who traditionally sit behind the goals?

I watch all the games on Falkirk TV so maybe some of you who actually sit in the KM7 stand can give me your input?

Also we were slap bang behind the goals at NDP and the Ultras were more to the right of us in the stand.  That made them closer to the main stand where they could get involved with some 'friendly banter' with the 100 or so Hamilton fans sitting there 😁

49 minutes ago, AGPar said:

No he couldn't. He's only eligible to play for them for the remainder of the season and  won't, therefore, ever be seen in a Falkirk shirt again.

The single greatest line posted on here since relegation in 2019.