The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

As @Blame Mesaid, Airdrie scored early and then we could all have turned off at that exact moment as literally nothing happened thereafter. Zero. No good chances, refereeing blunders, terrible tackles, great football, nowt.

Rovers are laughably bad at the moment and all Airdrie had to do was sit back and look for the odd counter attack. This they did easily. They will be an extremely difficult proposition in the final for whoever gets there, and I wouldn't fancy conceding first against them and having to mount a comeback.

Absolutely agree they’ll be a tough game for whoever they meet in the final.

But see their fans with their Union Jacks, Donald Trump posters and friendship with Tommy Robinson - f**k me.

47 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Apologies @Senor Bairn as I won't quote all the dismissive replies and yours was brief.

It seems removing the resources we put into it seems to be the answer 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know the poster but others seem to and clearly hint at an agenda.

It seems you could criticise the boardroom once and I know we definitely criticise what happens in the dressing room and pitch but in-between seems to be off limits.

The poster has presented examples and as trivial as they are it's factual and instead we deride them. 

I'd rather the substance of the gripe was addressed rather than the motive.

I was very critical of @Braes_Bairn and stand by that criticism 100%, the reason being if anybody has a gripe they can contact the club or even the FSS and point out what their concern is. Posting it on here is little more than posturing and advancing the now mind numbing agenda. As it happens I agree the clubs posts aren't great and need to be improved, but making a soap opera about it on here isn't the answer, especially when there are other and far better options. But if attention seeking is the objective then fill your boots.

Edited by AJ1981

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I have had this for years! At one time it was both of them ,if indeed they are different people, and have no clue why. Now i just let Rennieball waste his time as obviously he/she / they/ them get some pleasure from it. Bless them

Just seems so pointless haha. I always upvote anyone who is being downvoted for no reason.

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Just seems so pointless haha. I always upvote anyone who is being downvoted for no reason.

Bainsford Bairn tried to challenge the downvoting and he got downvoted. Very very childlike behaviour.

On the media typos. This is very common. Look at BBC, Sky News or any other online outlet and you will see errors in everything. Hamilton media is a place where errors have reached the stage of being funny

23 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I was very critical of @Braes_Bairn and stand by that criticism 100%, the reason being if anybody has a gripe they can contact the club or even the FSS and point out what their concern is. Posting it on here is little more than posturing and advancing the now mind numbing agenda. As it happens I agree the clubs posts aren't great and need to be improved, but making a soap opera about it on here isn't the answer, especially when there are other and far better options.

Playing devil's advocate but that's surely true of anything posted here? 

As for what you say, yes take it to the club or FSS (although not sure that typos and oversights are really their remit) but from experience it has been brushed off as one-offs or trivial and beyond reproach.

However, seeing it consistently suggests otherwise.

Perhaps the poster will direct their concerns to the appropriate place and let us know how they get on.

Edited by Blame Me
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

As for what you say, yes take it to the club or FSS (although not sure that typos and oversights are really there remit) but from experience it has been brushed off as one-offs or trivial and beyond reproach.

Perhaps the poster will direct their concerns to the appropriate place and let us know how they get on.

It is true about anything posted here, I agree, but there was some time and attention taken to post what he / she did. To what end and what result did they expect by posting it on here. It's like walking past something shit at work, moaning about it and then moaning again when nothing changes the next time you walk past it, the world is full of people like that. If you view their posts as i sadly did last night they speak for themselves. I agree, the poster needs to email the club and make their points because they are valid, but here is not the place. FWIW I see the FSS are the ideal place to collect and present these concerns. 

Edited by AJ1981

25 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I have had this for years! At one time it was both of them ,if indeed they are different people, and have no clue why. Now i just let Rennieball waste his time as obviously he/she / they/ them get some pleasure from it. Bless them

As the late Caroline Flack said if you are going to be something today be kind

@AJ1981 I'll give benefit of the doubt and suggest it's a roundabout way of bringing it to the attention of where it needs to be.

As an aside - Has anyone tested the temperature of the pies/Bovril lately and we can try and avoid the next furore 😆

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

@AJ1981 I'll give benefit of the doubt and suggest it's a roundabout way of bringing it to the attention of where it needs to be.

As an aside - Has anyone tested the temperature of the pies/Bovril lately and we can try and avoid the next furore 😆

The people who run the clubs social media will likely be posters or visitors here, they are not players or managers where this sort of criticism comes with the job. It's not right to target them in a public forum. 

11 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Over 870 FSS members is excellent news. Getting close to the 900 odd that said they would sign up when the scheme was first launched. The target now should be 1000 

They’ll be more than a few that will have only temporary dropped off due to the change over from PayPal (myself included). I’m guessing when all the admin for that is sorted and chased up we’ll be over the 900 mark, it’s nice to see steady and continual growth and if the club and team continue to progress as both are there’s no reason for the membership numbers not to continue they’re upward trend into next season and beyond. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

46 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

As for what you say, yes take it to the club or FSS (although not sure that typos and oversights are really their remit) but from experience it has been brushed off as one-offs or trivial and beyond reproach.

Ha ha, loving the edit!

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Ha ha, loving the edit!

😳

I'm a pedant for spelling and grammar! Still doesn't detract from the original point!

39 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

It's not right to target them in a public forum

The comms are from the "club" but agree attributing the reasoning was unnecessary. It just has to be better whether it's by oversight/haste etc.

Starting to think we could have beaten Aberdeen if we'd got through the cup - they are awful depsite holding on at 0-0 just now. Also the VAR at the game isn't working so the referee is doing what he is told by audio connection - in other words the referee in this game has given up his primacy in final decisions which is not meant to happen VAR is shit and needs to be scrapped.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

1 hour ago, Higgenarse said:

90 tickets left for South stand and over 3000 tickets sold is tremendous for the Diddy Cup played on a Saturday night on TV.

Is it though?  I'm quite surprised its so low and expected 4-4.5k.  It's a semi final and the only 2 teams in Britain that are unbeaten in the league.  Should be a cracker and I can't understand why folk wouldn't want to go.