The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Well they are certainly paying McManus a lot more than he was getting up here or he wouldn't have dragged his family all the way down there to play in front of 300 folk every week.

Our budget is not even the biggest on our league far less as big as TNS.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No, but I never said that. FM is far from well researched. They get fans of their own teams to rate their players and guess their budget. To use it in any way as a barometer of anything factual is just nonsensical. 

Fair enough but if you take our fans at face value then surely their own fans will have a better idea of TNS’s finances than us. 

No plan B. Lots of poor performances from us - Hendo, Miller, Spencer, Yeats and Lang had a off night. MacIver has been way off it for weeks - offered zero again tonight. Need much better up front. Forget it about it regroup and get back ready for Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The fact McGlynn didn’t have a clue how to change that at all is the biggest concern for me, rather than if we won or lost, Diddy Cup or not.

*If* we are to go up, we’d face many more games like this. With McGlynn when it works it’s absolutely fantastic, but if not, you’re in trouble. Other managers change shape throughout games when it’s evident it’s not working; he stood there seeing it wasn’t working, waited until 70 mins to make the subs and kept the same shape. It might not cost us this season but is a concern going forward imo.

Mate,

The key players just did not show up. As I have already said Nesbitt, Donaldson and Morrison first half played up to scratch, the rest were poor in the night. It is not always the managers fault. We have more than enough quality in the squad to win tonight but if players don’t show up you are on a hiding to nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Fair enough but if you take our fans at face value then surely their own fans will have a better idea of TNS’s finances than us. 

So by that logic our fans know what our players are on? 

Sometimes it not easy to know if a player had a bad game or the opposition just didn't allow him to play his usual game.  Hogarth played well, so did Morisson.

Hendo, Lang, McCann, Miller and MacIver were well below par.  It is what it is

I don't feel as bad as I usually do when we get beat, because, for a change, we have nothing to complain about, the best team won.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

54 minutes ago, BPM said:

So by that logic our fans know what our players are on? 

I don’t but do you know the budget?

Edited by Dave Mc

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

English pub team subsidised by Uefa vs SEVCO ML6 with 2000 fans at Livingston. The gig’s fucked. 

Raging much? 😂

Finally faced a decent, well organised team and you had nothing in response. You should be thanking them. TNS have saved you a spanking in the final. 

Just now, Latapy is god said:

Quite embarrassing scenes from our so called fans at the end of the match.

Didn’t tune in for much long after the whistle went. What happened? 

2 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

I don’t but you do you know the budget?

No idea just like every fan in the country. but as Shadwell say McManus is dragging his family down south for 6/700 quid per week. 

Edited by BPM

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

No idea just like every fan in the country. but as Shadwell say McManus is dragging his family down south for 6/700 quid per week. 

Doubt that either but not sure he represents the sum of their parts. We had Leigh Griffiths for 4 months but he didn’t represent our budget. Regardless, despite winning, their team looked nothing special. We just didn’t show up. 

6 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Raging much? 😂

Finally faced a decent, well organised team and you had nothing in response. You should be thanking them. TNS have saved you a spanking in the final. 

Your lumbering  20 points behind Dundee united who we pumped comfortably in the same competition. They weren't as well organised as tns but seem to be winning the championship this season.

1 minute ago, Dave Mc said:

Doubt that either but not sure he represents the sum of their parts. We had Leigh Griffiths for 4 months but he didn’t represent our budget. Regardless, despite winning, their team looked nothing special. We just didn’t show up. 

They paid 60k for him too. When was the last time we spent that kind of cash on a player?

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Agyeman won’t do, gives away possession almost every time he has the ball.

Inconsistent which is why he's with us I suppose. Last Saturday alloa couldn't get the ball off him this Saturday he gave it away too much.