The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me- there’s a reason McGlynn signed Mackie and has tried to get him in the team on a number of occasions.

For now he has clearly decided that McCann’s attacking ability outweighs Mackie’s defensive strength (which is fair enough given the opposition we are currently facing. But that equation could well change a league up.

Mackie's defensive strength? I give you his attempt at out jumping Dunfermline's 5ft 4in winger last season, which lead directly to a goal. Add that to his extremely rash play and yes, I'd rather have McCann at LB.

9 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Couple bad games and players start becoming not good enough. Football fans (especially Falkirk) are quite fickle sometimes. 

That’s it. You never see some on here when we are winning 5-0 away from home.  It was the same when the speculation was going on about Morrison. It isn’t fickle imo it is waiting for failure. FFS we even had the social media grammar getting  it from someone. 

7 hours ago, StuartA said:

Unless there’s *evidence* then I wouldn’t do anything of the sort. It’s too easy a get out to punish the young noisy crowd, and it’d be counterproductive. I know for a fact that the boys who put the effort into getting the ultras going were on a bus immediately after the game. That’s not to say some of the hangers-on didn’t involve themselves, but it isn't a membership organisation. There’s been so much sanctimony and it’s pretty grating. 

It has been nauseating some of it. The club took their time and the tone of what they said was spot on. The people having a go at the club for taking a couple of days were the same sanctimonious c***s who were up in arms when the club blurted out that awful statement over the Dennon Lewis incident after 5 minutes with absolutely no evidence other than lies from a player and someone pissed up from hospitality. 
Let the authorities deal with it now and if anyone is convicted the club deals with them as individuals. 3 strikes and you’re out for the ultras is absolutely not the way this should be handled at this stage. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

It has been nauseating some of it. The club took their time and the tone of what they said was spot on. The people having a go at the club for taking a couple of days were the same sanctimonious c***s who were up in arms when the club blurted out that awful statement over the Dennon Lewis incident after 5 minutes with absolutely no evidence other than lies from a player and someone pissed up from hospitality. 
Let the authorities deal with it now and if anyone is convicted the club deals with them as individuals. 3 strikes and you’re out for the ultras is absolutely not the way this should be handled at this stage. 

In the videos you can clearly see people with 'ultra' scarfs involved in the trouble. Obviously the main ultra guys ain't involved but that doesn't mean that the ultra brand ain't tarnished.  Yeah there has always been a little bit of trouble over the years but it does seem to have went up a notch this year, is it just a coincedence that we now have the ultras and more trouble? Or is it a case of the trouble makers blending in with the ultras? Maybe a statement from the ultras condemning the recent trouble would help? 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Some Falkirk fans are just professional moaners

9 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me- there’s a reason McGlynn signed Mackie and has tried to get him in the team on a number of occasions.

For now he has clearly decided that McCann’s attacking ability outweighs Mackie’s defensive strength (which is fair enough given the opposition we are currently facing. But that equation could well change a league up.

By the end of this season, Sean Mackie will have been at Falkirk for two full seasons. He looked good at centre back at the start of last season but then became pretty rash. He has had injuries that have kept him out for periods of time but if he hasn't nailed down a place in L1 after two seasons then I'd imagine he'll be released at the end of the season.

9 hours ago, StuartA said:

No Dave, it isn’t and I think it’s out of order to scapegoat like this. Individuals caused this and individuals should be held accountable on the basis of evidence. It’s intellectually lazy to just try and blame a group because they’re prominent. 

Sorry, not that simple for me. If it is established that Ultras members/St Mirren ultras who have formed some sort of alliance were involved, the ultras have to take responsibility.

I have also seen a number of Ultras members on social media trying to minimise what happened, which isn’t acceptable imo. In my view, they are going to leave the club with very little option if they are not careful.

I don't rate Mackie at all. Injuries to him at the start of the season along with McGinn and Oliver were hugely helpful to McGlynn imo by forcing him to play McCann, Henderson and Agyeman/ Nesbitt which improved us a lot 

The aforementioned guys are fine to come off the bench at this level/ cover for injuries but wouldnt keep any of the 3 beyond this season, especially if we are promoted 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sorry, not that simple for me. If it is established that Ultras members/St Mirren ultras who have formed some sort of alliance were involved, the ultras have to take responsibility.

I have also seen a number of Ultras members on social media trying to minimise what happened, which isn’t acceptable imo. In my view, they are going to leave the club with very little option if they are not careful.

This Falklrk/St mirren alliance thing is also just weird.  Hopefully binned.

1 hour ago, martin ritchie said:

In the videos you can clearly see people with 'ultra' scarfs involved in the trouble. Obviously the main ultra guys ain't involved but that doesn't mean that the ultra brand ain't tarnished.  Yeah there has always been a little bit of trouble over the years but it does seem to have went up a notch this year, is it just a coincedence that we now have the ultras and more trouble? Or is it a case of the trouble makers blending in with the ultras? Maybe a statement from the ultras condemning the recent trouble would help? 

To be fair, those scarves are on public sale to fund displays ETC. Literally anyone can buy them.

1 hour ago, martin ritchie said:

25 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

You two are branding them all together. That is completely wrong and unfair. This is about individuals taking responsibility for their own actions. Anyone can attach themself to anything to cause trouble if they wish.

You are doing exactly what a pervious board did when they branded all the fans as racists. Did you not learn from that idiotic action? 

Let the authorities find the guilty individuals and the club deal with them from there. If they have been found guilty ban them then. Till that point no one should be rushing to judgement like you two seem to be. 

If there does turn out to be fans of other clubs involved, the SFA should question why there was such a ridiculous kick off time proposed, all to accommodate being shown on a TV channel that contributes approximately 30 pence to Scottish football annually.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If there does turn out to be fans of other clubs involved, the SFA should question why there was such a ridiculous kick off time proposed, all to accommodate being shown on a TV channel that contributes approximately 30 pence to Scottish football annually.

There wasn't. There were about 3 St Mirren fans there, and no Sheffield United fans. The St Mirren fans were straight back up the town.

I don't think the ultras themselves deserve to be tarred here and the three strikes has to be related to ultras specific things. If they start throwing flares onto a plastic pitch, trashing up seats they are sitting in etc. But I don't think this is because of the ultras, seemed a group of young boys who got carried away with stupid nonsense and need to learn the lesson. It shouldn't be minimised and the statement was excellent because of that. 

I would hate for the ultras to be disbanded after all the good they have done - and that's undeniable. But it's inevitable that when you put out a brand that some people might want to attach themselves to that for the wrong reason. That's why I think the ultras should be a bit more careful with what they endorse online so they are not encouraging that. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

3 hours ago, BPM said:

I don’t think calling other fans sanctimonious c***s is helpful. There’s differences of opinion but noone is expressing any desire to see the Ultras banned. The difference is if that section is attracting idiots intent on causing trouble then it can’t continue in its present form. That isn’t necessary at the moment but more incidents like Saturday and I see little choice but to disband that section. 

22 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

There wasn't. There were about 3 St Mirren fans there, and no Sheffield United fans. The St Mirren fans were straight back up the town.

So you know who was involved. 

Are you man enough report them, as the club and majority of fans want? 

They're scum. As is anyone who protects them. Silence is consent.