The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Cologne said:

So you know who was involved. 

Are you man enough report them, as the club and majority of fans want? 

They're scum. As is anyone who protects them. Silence is consent. 

What? where did I say I know who was involved? I recognise 0 of the faces in the video

12 hours ago, StuartA said:

Unless there’s *evidence* then I wouldn’t do anything of the sort. It’s too easy a get out to punish the young noisy crowd, and it’d be counterproductive. I know for a fact that the boys who put the effort into getting the ultras going were on a bus immediately after the game. That’s not to say some of the hangers-on didn’t involve themselves, but it isn't a membership organisation. There’s been so much sanctimony and it’s pretty grating. 

Completely this! Targeting and vilifying a whole group (a group who incidentally have added a lot both in numbers , money and atmosphere to the club since informally organising) of fans due to actions from a handful of individuals would be out of order IMO and not far from how terribly the club treated the entire fan base after the Dennon Lewis saga only for the police later to admonish the individual accused and Margaret Lang then having to make a very public grovelling apology to him at an AGM I recall! Learn from that, let the police deal with the matter and assist them where needed, they will gather evidence and hopefully charge the small number of individuals involved, only then should the club take action and ban these folk. To target and vilify an entire section of the fan base who may well be perfectly innocent will not only alienate a group of fans but is just down right wrong.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I think the team as it is, is good enough for the Championship top half if we get promoted.

However, there are defo a few positions we will have to bolster. GK, RB, and ST are the main ones for me. With two of these being starters.

Agree with this , to make a decent go of the championship and perhaps be in and around mid table to the playoffs we don’t need radical surgery, we have as good a squad and manager right now as we have had for a long long time. Two or three maybe to the starting 11 with goalkeeper being a priority then maybe an other couple to add depth of quality to the squad as a whole. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agree with this , to make a decent go of the championship and perhaps be in and around mid table to the playoffs we don’t need radical surgery. Two or three maybe to the starting 11 with goalkeeper being a priority then maybe an other couple to add depth of quality to the squad as a whole. 

Aye, I think we would need a more experienced goalie and a RB (I think Finn may struggle against better wingers) and probably a striker. I wish we could have the 2030 version of Sam Long just now though, because I think he's going to be a top 'keeper!

26 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I think the team as it is, is good enough for the Championship top half if we get promoted.

However, there are defo a few positions we will have to bolster. GK, RB, and ST are the main ones for me. With two of these being starters.

Agree with this IF we make the championship. We, thankfully, for the first time in ages have a very good core to build around.

These 3 positions would be my priority too. Experienced commanding keeper. A right back, my only caveat is we need to find somewhere for Yeats in the team, he is a real prospect, that may well continue to be right back as he's done brilliantly there. Striker too, again as much as I like McIver, his work rate is excellent as is his lay off and link up play, for me we need someone who puts away more of the chances created, and even creates some chances of their own. I think we need more cover in other areas too, centre back and left back spring to mind but I'm definitely happy as is just now. Midfield and wingers we seem well covered.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the RB with the young boy being signed.

Starting striker (to a lesser extent) and GK are a must. 

I know Ross hasn't set the world alight, but I would keep him for next season. Not his fault he's not had a run of games with Miller/Morrison being in the form that they are. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

What? where did I say I know who was involved? I recognise 0 of the faces in the video

Whoever that poster is, their 20 posts consist mainly of abuse levelled at various folk. Best ignored IMO.

2 hours ago, Dave Mc said:

I don’t think calling other fans sanctimonious c***s is helpful. There’s differences of opinion but noone is expressing any desire to see the Ultras banned. The difference is if that section is attracting idiots intent on causing trouble then it can’t continue in its present form. That isn’t necessary at the moment but more incidents like Saturday and I see little choice but to disband that section. 

But they are Dave. They are looking for any excuse to knock the club. If you can’t see it then you must be blind. 

What happened on Saturday was wrong. The club took a bit of time to assess what had happened and put out a strong and balanced statement and clearly said they will take strong action with who was involved. Then you get people saying 3 strikes and you are out. If that is not wanting them banned or treating them all the same then I don’t know what is. 

What is this three strikes and you are out nonsense?

One strike and you are out for any INDIVIDUALS caught but ridiculous to try and affix blame to the entire Ultras grouping.

Never been a fan of the drum or the Ultras tag but these youngsters have made a hugely positive effect on the match day experience.

It would be really disappointing for that to be lost because of an over reaction.

Target the wee arseholes involved and hammer them but leave the decent majority to provide support to the team.

One or two on here with a sadly obvious agenda of getting rid of the entire group.

Ross MacIver.

I used to detest the 4-2-3-1 formation.  It’s not until this season that it became obvious why.

Falkirk sides under recent managers persisted using this formation despite the lack of a Centre Forward (i.e the “1”) that was mobile, good in the air, could hold the ball up (i.e. second touch NOT a tackle) and possessed a very good lay-off technique (think Jordan Allen).

But MacIver changed all this, displaying all of the above qualities - and this brought our midfield “3” into the game. And what a threesome we have - Morrison, Nesbitt, Miller and Alfie & Ethan are no slouches either.

The best “plays” by MacIver v TNS resulted in a couple of lay-offs mis-controlled by Morrison (in promising attacking positions) and a great pass to Miller leaving him with a half-chance on goal.

Sure, I’d like to see Ross hit 20 goals in a season but there is certainly no CF in League 1 better, and not one in the Championship that springs to mind easily.

But he is only 24 and we have talented coaches who can make MacIver a better player still that can spearhead our side next season (fingers crossed, in the Championship) and possibly beyond.

Can we not just let the authorities deal with this instead of jumping to conclusions or talking about banning groups from the stadium. With or without the ultras these people will find ways to cause trouble if that is there desire.  Ban the individuals involved not the group they are attaching themselves to who have no control over their actions outside the stadium. 

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Ross MacIver.

I used to detest the 4-2-3-1 formation.  It’s not until this season that it became obvious why.

Falkirk sides under recent managers persisted using this formation despite the lack of a Centre Forward (i.e the “1”) that was mobile, good in the air, could hold the ball up (i.e. second touch NOT a tackle) and possessed a very good lay-off technique (think Jordan Allen).

But MacIver changed all this, displaying all of the above qualities - and this brought our midfield “3” into the game. And what a threesome we have - Morrison, Nesbitt, Miller and Alfie & Ethan are no slouches either.

The best “plays” by MacIver v TNS resulted in a couple of lay-offs mis-controlled by Morrison (in promising attacking positions) and a great pass to Miller leaving him with a half-chance on goal.

Sure, I’d like to see Ross hit 20 goals in a season but there is certainly no CF in League 1 better, and not one in the Championship that springs to mind easily.

But he is only 24 and we have talented coaches who can make MacIver a better player still that can spearhead our side next season (fingers crossed, in the Championship) and possibly beyond.

I think MacIver gets caught on his heels quite a lot and, for his size and strength, seldom seems to be rampaging into the box to get on to the end of things. I think good coaching can improve this though and I'd be happy enough to keep him.

4 hours ago, BPM said:

You are doing exactly what a pervious board did when they branded all the fans as racists. Did you not learn from that idiotic action 

You keep bringing this up as a gotcha and I have no idea why.

In 'Lewisgate' there was no racism. That's why the club were so fucking stupid and irresponsible by claiming there was, irrespective of the lack of evidence.

Saturday night's wankery was filmed. There's no 'did it happen?' aspect to it. It clearly happened. 

A very very big difference.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

You keep bringing this up as a gotcha and I have no idea why.

In 'Lewisgate' there was no racism. That's why the club were so fucking stupid and irresponsible by claiming there was, irrespective of the lack of evidence.

Saturday night's wankery was filmed. There's no 'did it happen?' aspect to it. It clearly happened. 

A very very big difference.

Who said it didn’t happen? Can you not read? 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

I take it the final is being lined up to return to the Falkirk Stadium which would be a nonsense  in my humble opinion given both size of supports involved & the location for TNS. 

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

I take it the final is being lined up to return to the Falkirk Stadium which would be a nonsense  in my humble opinion given both size of supports involved & the location for TNS. 

Surely Annan or Dumfries would be more reasonable.