The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Invincible seasons are once in a lifetime, that in itself is more motivation than the usual last few games after a league win. I reckon the players would love to be part of that but of history. Not to mention I can imagine McGlynn saying to those who haven't signed a contract but want one that this is their time to show him why they deserve a championship team place. 

wait and see the players who haven't enough appearances to get a medal suddenly featuring in the run in if we do secure it early, a bit if. I can't see an unbeaten league season, happy to be proved wrong.

19 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know the guys will back to their real jobs right now but do you think we will get the highlights some time today?  

There will be a full re-run of the game up now for £6

Changes last night were fairer on Mackie, Shanley & Ross than the mass changes we saw at Edinburgh.  Can only really tell how effective the subs might be if they get a run out with the usual starters beside them.  

Suspect we might see Alfie and Oliver start on Saturday for Nesbitt & Morrison with Miller and MacIvor back in.  

42 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know the guys will back to their real jobs right now but do you think we will get the highlights some time today?  

Just watched them and its obvious that there is an improvement with the new graphics and picture quality so for me i'd rather wait and get them later than they be rushed out as I'm sure people have mentioned before. on the match GO's goal is a beauty even better than last night  

33 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Just watched them and its obvious that there is an improvement with the new graphics and picture quality so for me i'd rather wait and get them later than they be rushed out as I'm sure people have mentioned before. on the match GO's goal is a beauty even better than last night  

Marked improvement, no question. 

I know Oliver isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him. He isn't a starter but he always seems to make an impact when he comes off the bench. He's scored a couple of absolute peaches now and looks like he wants to be here. I'd be happy to see him kept on for next season. Hope he scores against Morton next season 🤣

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

A very good point has been raised on another thread.

Is this a "romp" to the title? A "procession"? A "charge"? Or is it a Brockville Hop to the title?

surely a 'Brockville Bop'

28 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Marked improvement, no question. 

I know Oliver isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him. He isn't a starter but he always seems to make an impact when he comes off the bench. He's scored a couple of absolute peaches now and looks like he wants to be here. I'd be happy to see him kept on for next season. Hope he scores against Morton next season 🤣

Oliver has definitely contributed this season, but McGlynn will need to look at whether players are going to be good enough week in week out in the championship rather than against Montrose reserves.

The fact Oliver hasn’t been able to hold down a starting 11 spot in league 1 says to me we will need better quality to challenge at the top of the championship.

in the highlights the commentator says that we equalled the club unbeaten league record of 25 games.  I thought we overtook our unbeaten record some games ago.  Maybe that was unbeaten games in a row including cup games?

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

in the highlights the commentator says that we equalled the club unbeaten league record of 25 games.  I thought we overtook our unbeaten record some games ago.  Maybe that was unbeaten games in a row including cup games?

25 league games in a row 

I have a vague memory of a 'near-thing' unbeaten season that St Mirren ended - my half-arsed googling hasn't thrown anything up though (I guess it must've been an 'unbeaten at home' run if anything 🤔)

**I'm in no way suggesting we'll manage to go the rest of this season unbeaten of course**

44 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Oliver has definitely contributed this season, but McGlynn will need to look at whether players are going to be good enough week in week out in the championship rather than against Montrose reserves.

The fact Oliver hasn’t been able to hold down a starting 11 spot in league 1 says to me we will need better quality to challenge at the top of the championship.

Would certainly be good enough as a squad player but I think he will be looking to move on to get first team football.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Where I sit everyone thought the first goal had come from Ross. Amazed to see it’s an own goal from the highlights. Still they all count. 

I thought at the time that it was a bullet header by the defender.

It also looked to me that Montrose should have had a penalty. It looked like the ball had hit Lang's arm.

17 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I have a vague memory of a 'near-thing' unbeaten season that St Mirren ended - my half-arsed googling hasn't thrown anything up though (I guess it must've been an 'unbeaten at home' run if anything 🤔)

**I'm in no way suggesting we'll manage to go the rest of this season unbeaten of course**

Found it - 2004/5

St Mirren halted an unbeaten at home season with Queens making it two home defeats a couple of weeks later in the last game of the season.