The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The ads on here are personalised to your recent search history 👀😂

If that’s the case, they’d be trying to sell me Paul Hartley voodoo dolls. 

54 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly any talk of a rebuild is nonsense- we have the basis of a good side for next season. However, it will be a step up and we will require additional quality in a number of positions imo.

Long, McKay, McGinn and Lawal will be leaving. Personally I also wouldn’t be retaining Mackie, Oliver or Shanley and would look to move Allan on.

We will then need imo a GK, RB, CB, LB, CM (possibly Tait), no 10 and ST. I would consider offering Ross a deal but would want to see a lot more from him first.

Good post and agree it will require additional quality. 

I personally think we will need a striker who fits the MacIver mould but is far more clinical. I know every club wants that but being in the Championship we’ll be a much more attractive option. Assuming Yeats stays, a no.10 and a GK would be important for me. You could even sign another first team quality RB if you wanted to free Yeats up to compete in the middle with McGinn leaving.

Does anyone know if tickets for the Montrose game will be sold online or via paper tickets distributed by FFC?

Capacity at Montrose is 3292 so there could be a scramble for tickets once they go on sale.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not here. I'm seeing an advert for Microsoft at the top and further down one for Adidas 

I am getting a £38000 Hublot watch. Bad targetting as i have a watch and i am skint!

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was sacked on Monday 27th August 2018 after a 3-0 loss to QOTS in which Queens had 27 shots on goal and we had 3, none of which were on target. 

Could have sworn it was "by mutual agreement" but I suppose that's just a polite sacking 🤣

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Can I just check - does everyone else get the same advert on here all the time? I know I’m not a young man anymore but, since Tom Lang signed, I’ve not had any problems in “that” department. 

Zero complaints about the ads I tend to get here tbh.

Screenshot_20240106_140826_Chrome.jpg

If I was a striker looking to make a name for myself, I'd be looking at the number of crosses Falkirk pump into the box every game and licking my lips. Wouldn't be surprised if McGlynn has a few to choose from. 

1 hour ago, Brockers61 said:

Does anyone know if tickets for the Montrose game will be sold online or via paper tickets distributed by FFC?

Capacity at Montrose is 3292 so there could be a scramble for tickets once they go on sale.

Online & on 19th March I’m told 

32 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Could have sworn it was "by mutual agreement" but I suppose that's just a polite sacking 🤣

I can't remember the wording of the departure statement, but he was definitely sacked. The QOTS game was our eighth competitive match of the season and in almost every one of them we were outplayed by the opposition, including three games in the League Cup against lower-league teams. After his final league game there were no shortage of calls for the manager to be binned. 

On the Monday the reserves were away to Brechin for a match against Aberdeen. As I always did, I sat beside our media officer on the team bus. He also doubled as our football admin person. Because of that, his phone never stopped ringing all day. Emergency board meetings, management called in for discussions and by the time we got back to Falkirk I knew he was gone. The departure wasn't his choice.  

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I can't remember the wording of the departure statement, but he was definitely sacked. The QOTS game was our eighth competitive match of the season and in almost every one of them we were outplayed by the opposition, including three games in the League Cup against lower-league teams. After his final league game there were no shortage of calls for the manager to be binned. 

On the Monday the reserves were away to Brechin for a match against Aberdeen. As I always did, I sat beside our media officer on the team bus. He also doubled as our football admin person. Because of that, his phone never stopped ringing all day. Emergency board meetings, management called in for discussions and by the time we got back to Falkirk I knew he was gone. The departure wasn't his choice.  

I’m sure there is a photo of yours of the Rat from his last game that his face screams “It was at this moment, I knew I was gone”. 

The full stadium was telling him to GTF at the time I’m sure. 

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was sacked on Monday 27th August 2018 after a 3-0 loss to QOTS in which Queens had 27 shots on goal and we had 3, none of which were on target. 

I know I’m like a stuck record about the passage of time, but that means we were shit for a good 5 years.

Several managers and Prime Ministers came and went, dozens of directors and over 100 players, the Falkirk TV/couch/covid years, wars, Brexit, and now we’re midway through another decade and only just recovering. 

It has been fucking tiring. 

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m sure there is a photo of yours of the Rat from his last game that his face screams “It was at this moment, I knew I was gone”. 

The full stadium was telling him to GTF at the time I’m sure. 

The whole stadium certainly was. I don't remember the photo and it's not one I've kept, but I think everyone knew that when he walked down the tunnel at fulltime his time was up.  

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It was definitely a “mutual consenting” officially, but we all know what that really means. The arrogant little c**t couldn’t handle being sacked so probably gave up a wee bit of cash to get the announcement he wanted.  Fucking greasy little rat b*****d. 

By the way it was more the way he treated people around the club that made him such a c**t, rather than his management performance for me. Though his management performance was utterly shocking, which shows you how bad he treated unpaid volunteers. 

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

By the way it was more the way he treated people around the club that made him such a c**t, rather than his management performance for me. Though his management performance was utterly shocking, which shows you how bad he treated unpaid volunteers. 

Falkirk TV guys hated him with vengence because of the way he treated them and his utter arrogance.