The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

With a large crowd expected for trophy day.  If the club had any sense they would put season tickets on sale for next season before this fixture.

Said this yesterday, but as posted it throws the FY out. 

13 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

I managed to get a wee sequence of shots of that and it looks like the keeper coming back plays McIvor onside.

McIvor.gif

The keepers in front of MacIver when miller heads the ball. In that pic miller has already headed it and the keeper is scrambling to get goal side of MacIver. If miller had headed it backwards then to MacIver then different story but MacIver is in front of miller when he heads it 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

MacIver was offside unless Miller headed the ball backwards toward him?

Spot on and from the angle on alba you can see that MacIvor is in front of him. 

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think both MacIver's and Agyeman's (due to Shanley) goals have more than a whiff of offside about them. Would be raging if they'd been against us.

This is a wee bit after Tait’s pass for Agyeman’s goal, so he’s even more onside than this still. Miles on. 

3A752926-A5D4-4E99-9ECE-1B48E1C0856A.png

18 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

A good point. Although I have it on authority (his auld man!) that he’s not homesick and wants to stick to the central belt. 

Can you not grease him up with a few kit kat chunkies?

2 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

The Main Stand is sold out for the Alloa game! Looking like well over 6K already. Does anybody know when was the last time the stadium was this full?

Possibly a play off game or when we played sevco

Was thinking probably the playoff games vs Hibs, Killie and Dundee United. Only times I remember the stadium being near capacity. Though, did the Ayr game not have a big crowd and one of the home derbies last year?

7 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

The Main Stand is sold out for the Alloa game! Looking like well over 6K already. Does anybody know when was the last time the stadium was this full?

The mutants games last season, I would think?

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The keepers in front of MacIver when miller heads the ball. In that pic miller has already headed it and the keeper is scrambling to get goal side of MacIver. If miller had headed it backwards then to MacIver then different story but MacIver is in front of miller when he heads it 

Had a look at the highlights again and agree.

1 minute ago, blatso said:

Was thinking probably the playoff games vs Hibs, Killie and Dundee United. Only times I remember the stadium being near capacity. Though, did the Ayr game not have a big crowd and one of the home derbies last year?

This looks like being the first time we've had both the main & south stand full AND having home fans take up a good portion of the north stand.  could probably be the highest home crowd since we moved to westfield

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This looks like being the first time we've had both the main & south stand full AND having home fans take up a good portion of the north stand.  could probably be the highest home crowd since we moved to westfield

Pretty sure it will be the highest home crowd from us since we moved if I remember discussions on here rightly. I can't remember us ever having the 2 stands full and the north stand with a substantial amount of home fans. Will be amazing to see come the 4th May

OUT NOW! 

🆕🎙️EP:81 NAVY BLUE JUGGERNAUT

🔵 Review the 5-1 win over Cove Rangers with guest pundit Ashleigh Maitland Photography 📸
⚪️ Interview with Falkirk Football Club Kitman Chris McGill 👕
🔵 Bairns Business Club, Junior Bairns & all the latest FFC news discussed 🗞️
⚪️ Preview Hamilton Accies (A) 🔴
🔵 Title party in Behind The Wall details shared 🏆

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8731.thumb.jpeg.cb1bfc587a9e94241d1697ce08956cce.jpeg

Some of the highest total attendances have been between 7200 and 7800 but those have had the north stand fully sold/nearly sold out with away fans (hearts, Hibs, rangers, Dundee united and Dunfermline) 

so it’s always been ~6000 home fans but to get close to 7000 home fans before even factoring in Alloa fans is really good and we probably won’t do that again unless we expand the stadium somehow or keep the current away allocation for next season except for Dunfermline which probably won’t happen because money, money, money

7 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Some of the highest total attendances have been between 7200 and 7800 but those have had the north stand fully sold/nearly sold out with away fans (hearts, Hibs, rangers, Dundee united and Dunfermline) 

so it’s always been ~6000 home fans but to get close to 7000 home fans before even factoring in Alloa fans is really good and we probably won’t do that again unless we expand the stadium somehow or keep the current away allocation for next season except for Dunfermline which probably won’t happen because money, money, money

Not that many championship clubs will have a 2k  travelling support for bog standard league games.  There's no reason why we couldn't have half the north stand for home fans IF it was required

So where does this extra 20% come from?

Is it made up of the people who don't go every week all making an effort for this game?

Locals who go to Glasgow and going as a one off because it's a trophy day.

This increase blows my mind more than the extra numbers for a Hampden cup final.

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not that many championship clubs will have a 2k  travelling support for bog standard league games.  There's no reason why we couldn't have half the north stand for home fans IF it was required

Only clubs I can see having ~1000 away fans next season is probably raith, Dundee united (whichever bottles it less), Dunfermline, partick, Airdrie, Ayr maybe and Morton maybe. 
thats 6 teams which could warrant the us just giving them the whole north stand and if st Johnstone do come down via playoffs they would probably bring ~1000 fans, livi and county wouldn’t bring enough to warrant the full stand being given. I want us to have lots of home fans but if a majority of the championship is going to warrant the full stand then let them have it