The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I have heard on semi good authority we have been talking to Oakley.  We take what we want from the diddies from Greenock. The boy Blues is poor.

I’ve been thinking of him: and we would weaken serious rivals at the same time, that said he does seem to get injured regularly tonight being the case in point

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think the option on Shanley will be with the club. Personally I’m not sure he’s shown enough to justify a deal. I would put the money towards a striker who can challenge Maciver.

I know George Oakley is out of contract at Morton, and as far as I'm aware, he hasn't signed for anyone yet. He'd be a decent option (and why break the habit of a lifetime of nicking all their players?) And yeah, I do agree with you RE Shanley. If he's a cheap option then I wouldn't be against re-signing but I would like someone who can really push MacIver and I'm not convinced Shanley will.

1 minute ago, Roboccop said:

I’ve been thinking of him: and we would weaken serious rivals at the same time, that said he does seem to get injured regularly tonight being the case in point

Haha that's mental. You literally posted the same thing as me at the same time 🤣🤣🤣

Having watched a fair bit of the championship Friday night games I think we'll be just fine next season. Especially as we'll have retained the majority of our starting line up. 

McGlynn will work some magic in the summer, Oakley always looked a nightmare when he's played against us in the past but the fact he's missed a good whack of this season injured would be a worry for me.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve watched all the Friday night games and seen Morton a few times and that Jack Baird is one dirty b*****d. They are a right team of cloggers.

Good to see he's mellowed with age...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/258658/falkirk-3-st-mirren-1-jack-baird-delivers-knockout-blow-to-buddies-survival-hopes-after-punching-lee-miller/amp/

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

He just stomps about the park raging, mind you plying your trade in Greenock maybe does that to you.

9 hours ago, Barr said:

John and Paul were on good form on the clubs podcast this week. They’ve more than earned their victory lap on this, FTV, FD, awards night, etc. over the next month!

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/04/11/ffc-podcast-episode-14-available-now/

Once again, poor George and Ringo left in the background.

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Aye that Morten team are a team of absolute hammer throwers. They must be coming up to some sort of world record for bookings.

What a wee shame to see their season peter out tonight 

Dougie Imrie looks like he should be hanging about outside a chippy. He’s a wee mink.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dougie Imrie looks like he should be hanging about outside a chippy. He’s a wee mink.

Not yet. Inverness win the morrow then Morton are still only 5 points above second bottom.

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not yet. Inverness win the morrow then Morton are still only 5 points above second bottom.

I really don't want Morton to go down, even if it would be incredibly funny. Their fans have chatted an awful lot of sh*t about Falkirk these last few years and they need well and truly put in their place.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Having watched a fair bit of the championship Friday night games I think we'll be just fine next season. Especially as we'll have retained the majority of our starting line up. 

McGlynn will work some magic in the summer, Oakley always looked a nightmare when he's played against us in the past but the fact he's missed a good whack of this season injured would be a worry for me.

HAHAHA. Delulu Falkirk. 

23 minutes ago, DA87 said:

HAHAHA. Delulu Falkirk. 

Given that we have a better squad than the squad which you were promoted with and that you would have easily made the playoffs if it wasn't for injured, what is "delulu" about saying that we will be fine next season?

8 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Given that we have a better squad than the squad which you were promoted with and that you would have easily made the playoffs if it wasn't for injured, what is "delulu" about saying that we will be fine next season?

Get real. You've a fan already bagging full points aff morton. Settle. It's been a long hard slog.  Be humble.  We were in League one last season and we blew you away. Never defeated. We are doing alright 👍  

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think the big Dunc novelty factor has long since worn off up Inverness way, they don't concede a lot but don't score many either. They are right in the shit. As are Queens Park, they have a player in Paton that might just be the difference though. 

2 hours ago, DA87 said:

Get real. You've a fan already bagging full points aff morton. Settle. It's been a long hard slog.  Be humble.  We were in League one last season and we blew you away. Never defeated. We are doing alright 👍  

No one said you are not doing alright.

We are significantly better than your team from last season and it is reasonable to expect Falkirk to put in a strong showing next year even before any new signings are added to further strengthen us.

We are painfully aware how hard a slog it has been but we are more than justified in enjoying this superb season and no feeble bitching from outsiders is going to change that.

12 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Having watched a fair bit of the championship Friday night games I think we'll be just fine next season.

I agree tbh. The bottom half of the Championship isn't too different to the top of League One. We should have beaten Airdrie last season and we were utter dross, but it's no surprise to see both Airdrie and Dunfermline in the playoff hunt.

You'll be there too, and I reckon we could be there or there abouts if we get the chance.

Looking at the teams for next season's Championship I think it will be very open, evenly matched, and won by a relatively low points total. A great opportunity for many clubs, the like of which it hasn't been for some time.