The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

100% this! The full thing works when every component part pushes in one direction, no egoโ€™s, point scoring or wee personal tantrums from individuals. Just everybody putting the club first with no caveats and looking at the bigger picture, on and off the park everything is starting to click but it has not happened by accident.ย 

It is the best team spirit since 'Prime Houstie' and Falkirks never say die patented late goal habit.

Credit to those on and off the park. Hamilton as their results prove are a decent team but they were 2nd to Falkirk in every department.

The comings and goings in the closed season will be interesting.

Can't see us getting Tait as his displays as Hibs intended were to prove himself as a Hibs first team player or the shop window to get a transfer fee.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Can't see us getting Tait as his displays as Hibs intended were to prove himself as a Hibs first team player or the shop window to get a transfer fee

Doesnโ€™t help that weโ€™ve nearly had exclusive BBC Alba Football TV rights, with Tait and the team playing some great stuff. If Montgomery somehow survives the usual summer cull, wouldnโ€™t be surprised to see the bottom five in the top league, all chasing Tait.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Doesnโ€™t help that weโ€™ve nearly had exclusive BBC Alba Football TV rights, with Tait and the team playing some great stuff. If Montgomery somehow survives the usual summer cull, wouldnโ€™t be surprised to see the bottom five in the top league, all chasing Tait.

Hibs fans on Twitter currently known as x to keep tait and see how he does in pre season and loan him out if needed and itโ€™s the same with their other hot prospect kanayo megwa (on loan at airdrie)ย 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is the best team spirit since 'Prime Houstie' and Falkirks never say die patented late goal habit.

Credit to those on and off the park. Hamilton as their results prove are a decent team but they were 2nd to Falkirk in every department.

The comings and goings in the closed season will be interesting.

Can't see us getting Tait as his displays as Hibs intended were to prove himself as a Hibs first team player or the shop window to get a transfer fee.

Hibs have got loads of players in his position, that said Montgomery's coat is on a bit of a shoogly peg, if he gets his jotters it'll be a clean slate for everyone. I think our only hope of getting Tait is another loan.ย 

Just now, AJ1981 said:

I hope Philippe Clement's embarrassing lack of class today up in Dingwall will count against him in the race for manager of the year, it has to be McGlynn

It wonโ€™t sadly, even if we go invincible the manager of the season award will go to clement or Rodgers (whichever one wins the premiership) because they manage the old firm and they won the โ€œbest league in Scotlandโ€ย 

If anyone is going to win it, it should be Robinson, Docherty, mcinness, McCabe, mcglynn or naysmith (stenhousemuirs version) neither one of the old firm bosses should win it imo

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

IMG_6211.thumb.jpeg.622f66d28d6f051cf56064b471928687.jpeg

Well done the womens team double promotions this season for Falkirk fc, 4 as a council area (stenny women got promoted as well to the championship)ย 

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It's just not Tait that BBC Alba put in the shop window but a lot of the first team as well.

Would not surprise me to see some bids in for them in the closed season.

32 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I hope Philippe Clement's embarrassing lack of class today up in Dingwall will count against him in the race for manager of the year, it has to be McGlynn

I doubt he was ever in the race to be honest, Hartley done the same last week before mcglynn got to him. Pure lack of class no matter what the situation is.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:Can't see us getting Tait as his displays as Hibs intended were to prove himself as a Hibs first team player or the shop window to get a transfer fee.

Im not convinced there will be a clamour for Tait. He has had more failures than successes whilst out on loan and I believe a lot of clubs will look at his form as him playing in a very good team where things are going well.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m not saying weโ€™re guaranteed to get him but I donโ€™t think there will be many better teams than us after him in the summer

43 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It's great news!

I'm still hopeful we will see a bit more investment towards the women's team (and wider pathway) - success like this only increases the chance!

AFAIK, no-one invests anything in the womens team. All the staff are volunteers, the girls do it for the love of the game and the money to pay for things like GPS vests comes from external sponsorship. The team bus we had today was paid for by everyone chipping in as the Foundation wouldn'tย supply anything.ย ย 

The coaches deserve enormous credit for the work they've done.ย 

A wee side story about today. Someone associated with Forfar claimed that our girls are shite. In the last two games against them we've scored nine and conceded none.ย  I'll take that level of shite every week.ย ๐Ÿ˜

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

AFAIK, no-one invests anything in the womens team. All the staff are volunteers, the girls do it for the love of the game and the money to pay for things like GPS vests comes from external sponsorship. The team bus we had today was paid for by everyone chipping in as the Foundation wouldn'tย supply anything.ย ย 

The coaches deserve enormous credit for the work they've done.ย 

A wee side story about today. Someone associated with Forfar claimed that our girls are shite. In the last two games against them we've scored nine and conceded none.ย  I'll take that level of shite every week.ย ๐Ÿ˜

Sounds like forfar and Hamilton have a lot in common.ย 

3 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

It wonโ€™t sadly, even if we go invincible the manager of the season award will go to clement or Rodgers (whichever one wins the premiership) because they manage the old firm and they won the โ€œbest league in Scotlandโ€ย 

If anyone is going to win it, it should be Robinson, Docherty, mcinness, McCabe, mcglynn or naysmith (stenhousemuirs version) neither one of the old firm bosses should win it imo

Billy Reid won it when we won the First Division so I wouldn't say Rodgers or Clement are a shoe in for it.

OUT TOMORROW!

๐Ÿ†•๐ŸŽ™๏ธEP:82 DYLAN TAITโ€™S A CHAMPION

๐Ÿ”ต Review the 2-0 win over Hamilton Accies with guest pundit Dougy Blakeley ๐Ÿ†
โšช๏ธ @FalkirkWomen_ promoted! ๐Ÿพย 
๐Ÿ”ต Will Vaulks special out Thurs 18th Apr ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
โšช๏ธ All the latest FFC news - Awards, Walk to the stadium, Season Tickets & Competition news ๐Ÿ‘€

๐Ÿ“บ ๐ŸŽง๐Ÿ“ฑfalkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8958.thumb.jpeg.979310cd88fb8030e6ff7f2cba84889c.jpeg