The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we were to remain unbeaten against Kelty and Annan I could see a final, mini surge in interest in tickets for this game from neutrals just so that they could possibly witness a bit of history. Would we be permitted to sell a few hundred standing tickets for along the east side of the stadium, provided the Falkirk allocation in the north stand is full? Or would the barriers have to be more substantial and reinforced to allow this to happen? And would that be expensive to organise?

I think the existing sections will definitely sell out, only 227 seats left now.

Imagine it would just require to be similar to the mickey mouse set up at Edinburgh. Someone with a handheld scanner at the corner exit gate to scan tickets, facilities wise maybe a burger van and a couple of portaloos? Not sure if that would be too much of a ball-ache for the club to organise though, assume it would need council approval as well who like all local authorities take about 804,000 years to respond to anything.

A more practical solution is probably to just maximise the seats available in the north stand by segregating it like in 2005. I reckon we could squeeze in another 604 Falkirk fans, and still have space for up to 306 Alloa fans, with the red seats unused. That would be enough imo 

Screenshot2024-04-17at17_24_31.thumb.png.633fc67c4b25d59b28c42eb233ba86ac.png

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think the existing sections will definitely sell out, only 227 seats left now.

Imagine it would just require to be similar to the mickey mouse set up at Edinburgh. Someone with a handheld scanner at the corner exit gate to scan tickets, facilities wise maybe a burger van and a couple of portaloos? Not sure if that would be too much of a ball-ache for the club to organise though, assume it would need council approval as well who like all local authorities take about 804,000 years to respond to anything.

Cheers.

So we just need a time machine then? 😋

SciFi East and West: Film Stills: The Time Machine

I never thought anyone would be moaning about season tickets being too cheap, even though we do have a renowned moany fan base, but I suppose it’s a sign of how far we’ve come and how well we are doing. 

3 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

I know they promised to freeze prices but this is going to bite the club in the bum. If for eg we get promotion next season (just a scenario) the jump in price to compete in that league will need to be huge due to the club keeping ST prices so low for so long.

Yes, there is an option to contribute more but is this really a good way to go?

What a lovely dilemma to have! Fair question to ask though  

Yes, I think it is the right way to go. First of all, it was a promise made and a bit of a social contract with fans to back the club through thick and thin (it felt thin at the time, mind) which we did. Second, folk still aren’t rolling in it so this gives an affordable minimum buy-in for those who are finding finances tough, so it’s inclusive. And third, there are now several options for folk to contribute more if they want, and some of these more tax/VAT efficient.  So I think we’ve got it spot-on. 

Edited by StuartA

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A more practical solution is probably to just maximise the seats available in the north stand by segregating it like in 2005. I reckon we could squeeze in another 604 Falkirk fans, and still have space for up to 306 Alloa fans, with the red seats unused. That would be enough imo 

Screenshot2024-04-17at17_24_31.thumb.png.633fc67c4b25d59b28c42eb233ba86ac.png

Great problem to have.

Might be logistically safer/easier to give Alloa all of Block F, use all of Block E as a bigger buffer (and Alloas sole exit to toilets/catering and give us the extra Block D only.

That would give us another 357 seats to sell in addition to the 223 left in Blocks A-C - so 580 still to sell in the next 2 weeks or so. Tickets sales are starting to slow down slightly so maybe 35-40 a day is realistic from here on in. 

As BIE mentioned earlier though there may be a further push for tickets for the invincible last game if we go unbeaten in the next 2 games, add into that once people get paid at the end of the month and waiting to see if they are available and can actually make it.

Don't think the club will want fans along the East side, I know its not that different from the likes of Edinburgh or Darvel, but safety certificates are probably required for something or other. Would be interesting though.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

After the season we’ve had, it would probably have been quite an easy promise to renege on by saying “it’s been so good and to keep it going, we need to put up prices” and most people would have likely accepted that. The fact they’ve stuck to their promise no matter what is something I and I think other fans will take a great deal of stock and trust in. Sticking to your word means a lot. We’ll make up money by likely adding hundreds of season ticket holders next season anyway, plus merchandise, sponsorships and hospitality have been flying. If you want to pay more for your season ticket, you can. If not, you can support in other ways. Best of both worlds.

I pretty much just took it as a given that they would put the prices up. The fact that they haven't means I can probably contribute a wee bit more money in other ways, so even though the argument can be made that the club aren't getting the additional revenue, in many cases they may still see that extra money in FSS, Lottos etc. Great decision by the club and doesn't price out those who maybe can't afford to pay any more. This current board deserve a tonne of credit.

12 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I pretty much just took it as a given that they would put the prices up. The fact that they haven't means I can probably contribute a wee bit more money in other ways, so even though the argument can be made that the club aren't getting the additional revenue, in many cases they may still see that extra money in FSS, Lottos etc. Great decision by us and doesn't price out those who maybe can't afford to pay any more. This current board deserve a tonne of credit.

Changed it subtilely for you. This is us making the decisions not the club.    

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

No one envisaged the change from barely a year ago. The BOD were honest and went to us asking for an increase in STs when the club was facing the biggest crisis for god knows how long. I don’t know the numbers, but we’ve backed the club when many fans could have walked. The club however have kept their word, however they’ve asked for added contributions. Absolutely the way to go and although I will also back with added ST contribution ( and at least another ST worth of merchandise) this is the correct way to go. 
Just hoping many can give the added contribution as I genuinely believe that if we can put the cash in quick, we can give McGlynn a proper championship budget. Dont be fooled with Utd, who can only throw promotion away, and Livi down, we have the no big guns that can basically sweep up the better players at this level. Let’s give it as big as we can. 

Last summer was nothing like the biggest crisis. When they took over 2.5 years ago the club was going bust without the influx of fans money. 

5 hours ago, sick boy said:

M.McKenna then…..

Can play as the 8 or the 10, takes a decent set piece and has goals in him but he's not really going to displace any of the starting 11 we have just now. 

On 19/01/2011 at 01:40, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

SACK EVERYONE!!

this was the very first post on this thread. The general response was of agreement. At least we know how the Accies fans are feeling at the moment.

Edited by ChrispPancake

14 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Great problem to have.

Might be logistically safer/easier to give Alloa all of Block F, use all of Block E as a bigger buffer (and Alloas sole exit to toilets/catering and give us the extra Block D only.

That would give us another 357 seats to sell in addition to the 223 left in Blocks A-C - so 580 still to sell in the next 2 weeks or so. Tickets sales are starting to slow down slightly so maybe 35-40 a day is realistic from here on in. 

As BIE mentioned earlier though there may be a further push for tickets for the invincible last game if we go unbeaten in the next 2 games, add into that once people get paid at the end of the month and waiting to see if they are available and can actually make it.

Don't think the club will want fans along the East side, I know its not that different from the likes of Edinburgh or Darvel, but safety certificates are probably required for something or other. Would be interesting though.

I would agree re the east side, not beyond the realms of possibility but fully understand why the club wouldn't go with that option.

As you say it's a great problem to have

Around 70 tickets sold in the last 48 hours so slowing down a little, 208 left now

1 more block will probably be enough in reality, leaving 1 for segregation which I'm sure would also keep the police happy 

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…WILL VAULKS

John & Ross chat over the modern day great’s time at FFC including…

💷 Parents gave him a pay cut
👨‍💼 Managers influence
👀 Dressing room banter
🤝🏼 Best pals
👏🏻 Community work
⚽️ Goals & Celes 🤸🏻‍♂️
🏆 Play off & Cup final heartache

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8806.thumb.jpeg.9645647bb0102c033e6524e02682ced8.jpeg

40 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…WILL VAULKS

John & Ross chat over the modern day great’s time at FFC including…

💷 Parents gave him a pay cut
👨‍💼 Managers influence
👀 Dressing room banter
🤝🏼 Best pals
👏🏻 Community work
⚽️ Goals & Celes 🤸🏻‍♂️
🏆 Play off & Cup final heartache

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8806.thumb.jpeg.9645647bb0102c033e6524e02682ced8.jpeg

Brilliant watch John and Ross thanks for putting this together. One of my all time favourite players for many reasons.