The Falkirk FC Thread

Always saw muirhead as decent but not quite good enough to get you to the promised land as it were. Will be interesting to see how far he gets with thistle but last year he again just fell short.

Personally felt Muirhead was used as a scapegoat by our fans. He was a decent enough centre half but I always felt he needed someone next to him to take control. Haven’t seen much of him but couldn’t really fault his performance tonight

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Personally felt Muirhead was used as a scapegoat by our fans. He was a decent enough centre half but I always felt he needed someone next to him to take control. Haven’t seen much of him but couldn’t really fault his performance tonight

I  also thought he was scapegoated a bit. Always felt he would’ve flourished better without the responsibility of the Captains armband on him. Also pretty sure he’s the only Falkirk player in my lifetime I’ve seen with a 100 percent penalty record, never missed one I don’t think. 

49 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I  also thought he was scapegoated a bit. Always felt he would’ve flourished better without the responsibility of the Captains armband on him. Also pretty sure he’s the only Falkirk player in my lifetime I’ve seen with a 100 percent penalty record, never missed one I don’t think. 

Scott Arfield possibly? 

Muirhead lost the plot in the relegation season for sure but aye, being part of that team would destroy anyone. He was actually excellent the season before when Hartley came in and it seemed likely we would lose him to down South for more money at one point. 

There are no end of folk who were involved with us around that time who have successfully rehabilitated their career. Took us a wee bit longer to sort our club of course...

39 minutes ago, BPM said:

I needed a fix 

I know what you mean. If I don't watch Brad Spencer's penalty against Alloa at least once an hour then I go cold turkey.

Still wee bits and bobs to do. Might have a wee chuckle if Stirling and Inverness get relegated; probably a big chuckle if Hamilton stay down.

Other than that, bask in invincibility, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Still wee bits and bobs to do. Might have a wee chuckle if Stirling and Inverness get relegated; probably a big chuckle if Hamilton stay down.

Other than that, bask in invincibility, I suppose.

This is genuinely what i'm doing. I already miss this season, but i'm enjoying the playoffs and what footballs left elsewhere knowing that we have not only succeeded in our ultimate goal, but done so in a style befitting the Mount of Olympus of Gods we have become.