The Falkirk FC Thread

Reading the Inverness thread and their current situation feels very Falkirk 2021/22.

Nice to know it’s someone else who’s being pointed and laughed at.  

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Reading the Inverness thread and their current situation feels very Falkirk 2021/22.

Best chance of promotion is going straight back up and yet they are stuck with hopeless big dunc as they can't afford to fire him. 

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Best chance of promotion is going straight back up and yet they are stuck with hopeless big dunc as they can't afford to fire him. 

Yes, they must be looking up and out their stadium and over the bridge and wishing they had a “Roy” 

Partick actually sold 2,750 STs by the start of last season, that figure of 3,000 was from December and included half season tickets.

That's still a good total tbf, but they need to sort out the way they record attendances. Why tell sponsors they'll be advertising to an average of 3.5k people a week when you can tell them it is 4k? Even the useless diddies that used to run our club understood that 

It would not surprise me if Falkirk managed back to back promotions if your player recruitment is right. Especially with the number of season tickets sold already.

Nothing to fear in that league.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

His contract doesn't run out till the end of this week. I'd expect to hear something after that. 

I think he means because we're only meant to be getting another 2/3 signings it makes the Ross resigning look unlikely.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It would not surprise me if Falkirk managed back to back promotions if your player recruitment is right. Especially with the number of season tickets sold already.

Nothing to fear in that league.

Indeed, but I think Livingston look to be heavily investing and will be most threatening. Got a horrible feeling the Pars will do well this year too.

It's gonna be a blockbuster anyway, every single week will be winnable/loseable!

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think he means because we're only meant to be getting another 2/3 signings it makes the Ross resigning look unlikely.

Yeah that's it. We've got 18 signed just now, which obviously rises to 19 with a loan goalkeeper. They've said a squad of 20 or 21, so If we resign Tait and Ross then that's us done.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think he means because we're only meant to be getting another 2/3 signings so it makes Ross resigning look unlikely.

They maybe talking about permanent signings.  Ross, Tait would be two plus perhaps one other then loan signings after that.  I seem to remember last season them saying that was it and then bisland came in end of August  and  Ross came in  loan in September.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

They maybe talking about permanent signings.  Ross, Tait would be two plus perhaps one other then loan signings after that.  I seem to remember last season them saying that was it and then Ross came in on loan in September.

Hopefully so. I'd be more comfortable with a 23 man squad if the budget would allow it. 

1 minute ago, Old Bob said:

Hopefully so. I'd be more comfortable with a 23 man squad if the budget would allow it. 

Bisland came in last day of the window too.  I would presume a lot will depend on how the young right back gets on in pre season too. 

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed, the Colin Weir Stand isn't great to watch football from. We've started putting the smaller away supports in the north end of the JH Stand again, which is better in just about every way, but if you're bringing more than about 500 then you'll be in the CW Stand - which you lot almost certainly will.

It’s not the view of the game, that’s fine.  It’s internally.  When there’s a reasonable number of fans there it is insanely cramped, you can’t move anywhere and the wooden nature of everything gives me the fear.  Despite the proximity and the decent away day it’s likely the only ground I won’t go to this year.

10 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I listened to the fans pod cast and they are going through a lot of what we did but at least we didn't move our training over 100miles away from the club. Have to say its worth a listen and John from Falkirk Daft makes a guest appearance. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

It’s not the view of the game, that’s fine.  It’s internally.  When there’s a reasonable number of fans there it is insanely cramped, you can’t move anywhere and the wooden nature of everything gives me the fear.  Despite the proximity and the decent away day it’s likely the only ground I won’t go to this year.

I must be one of the few that actually quite enjoys sitting in that stand, it’s probably a nostalgia thing as it’s not to different to the old wooden stand at brockville. It even creates noise that only those old wooden stands can. I don’t mind the thing at all, even the pillars don’t really bother me but again it probably is just more for nostalgic reasons as opposed to any logical thinking. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

They maybe talking about permanent signings.  Ross, Tait would be two plus perhaps one other then loan signings after that.  I seem to remember last season them saying that was it and then bisland came in end of August  and  Ross came in  loan in September.

I'm not so sure, McGlynn's mentioned before he only has a matchday squad of 20 and the whole quality over quantity so I'd imagine the loans are included in that number.

Might well depend on how well McGlynn works the loans but Tait won't be cheap so there won't be much budget to work with.

Posted (edited)

When you hear that the budget is up 20%, that’ll include the contract renewals and any promotion increase clauses, a lot of that spend will be spent it’s effectively the same squad as last year, so if any extra season ticket money brought in could make a major difference, so if you can get a season.

Edited by Hampden Roar

Posted (edited)

If there's anyone that can work a bit of magic in the loan market it's John McGlynn. I'm sure the loans won't be considered 'extra' to the squad size though

Hopefully strong ST sales allow us to push the boat out and run with a squad of 21, especially as I think it is fair most would see

Harry Stone
Dylan Tait
Ethan Ross or an other
New Striker

Plus Jordan Allan leaving which = 21 total

200 extra STs would be roughly £40,000 or enough for that extra player. Really could make all the difference 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876