The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Raith signing Easton on for another 2 years, good weather for conservatories right enough.

Pie sales were up 500%, dont you know.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You lot offered Taylor Steven a new deal and how did wee Kuchy get on last season?

Stevens been offered a new deal but nothings been announced yet.

He's a bit nothing tbh. Didn't really fit anywhere and besides a double late on v Dundee, he never really made any serious impact. Just sort of crusied through games completing 5 yard passes and shunning opportunities to take risks.

Levein loves him yet still barely played him by the end.

I don't think he suits being in a bad team at all. He needs to be in a team that's top of their division and seeing lots of the ball, as he can't assert himself otherwise. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stevens been offered a new deal but nothings been announced yet.

He's a bit nothing tbh. Didn't really fit anywhere and besides a double late on v Dundee, he never really made any serious impact. Just sort of crusied through games completing 5 yard passes and shunning opportunities to take risks.

Levein loves him yet still barely played him by the end.

I don't think he suits being in a bad team at all. He needs to be in a team that's top of their division and seeing lots of the ball, as he can't assert himself otherwise. 

Looked really classy at us without actually affecting the game much by creating chances or scoring goals. 

10 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I wasn't as drunk as last year and can remember what he actually said. I'm sure it was we were budgeting for a 4th/5th place finish. Not that we would have 4th/5th highest budget.

Aye, if anyone genuinely thinks Falkirk had the 4th/5th biggest budget in a league where only one team managed an average attendance which was more than 25% of Falkirks then they need to give their head a wobble. 

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Last season I followed all the other clubs in our League on X. I have done the same this season, except the Scum as I seem to be blocked to get a feel for who others are signing. 
My observations So far. 

Raith - try’s to be funny and relevant but are neither. Think they seem to have a high opinion of themselves. Yellow wall comparison with Dortmund was embarrassing. 

Airdrie - seem to wish happy birthday to anyone who has stopped and had a coffee in the town.

Queens Park - lots of commercial and community guff (seen that all before)

Morton, Partick, Ayr pretty sensible stuff 

Livingston - most active on the transfer front - looks a bit like the Hartley type gang mind you.
Hamilton -he haw as usual 

Absolutely agree. In no way should the social media accounts of an entertainment business attempt to be entertaining, amusing, or controversial. 
Dry facts is what we need from our football clubs on the socials 👍🏼

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:
12 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

4th/5th highest budget.

Aye, if anyone genuinely thinks Falkirk had the 4th/5th biggest budget in a league where only one team managed an average attendance which was more than 25% of Falkirks then they need to give their head a wobble. 

The comment you are replying to is about this season in the championship. For last season in league one it's been confirmed by our director that we had the third biggest budget with Cove and Hamilton having rich owners putting far more money in. 

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That podcast with Jamie Swinney is at times interesting but moreso a painful listen. Ewan Cameron is an absolute buffoon.

Just had a listen. Akin to listening to a Trump supporter at times, yelling his personal opinion loudly and then calling it facts. Made himself look a right idiot. Jamie on the other hand spoke well when he was allowed to get a word in edge ways and got the points across nicely. He is a fantastic representation of the club 

Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2024 at 05:27, Newbornbairn said:

The Invincibles merchandise has really been first class. Hope the club made a few bob 

On 01/06/2024 at 15:51, HopeStreetWalker said:

Club will most likely mark up goods cost +50% so by the time administration and other expenditure is allowed for net profit will be 15-20%

How much do we reckon the club will make from the invincibles range? I haven’t a Scooby how much it costs to make a mug or stein but I would imagine t shirts, strips, towels, bar runners etc. are cheap as chips to manufacture. The margins must be reasonable, more than 15% I would imagine.

What pure profit do we think: £20k? £50k? £75k? £100k? More?

Could always help with the signing of a couple of players. (or to buy a new grass pitch) ☹️

Edited by Bairn in Exile

6 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

For last season in league one it's been confirmed by our director that we had the third biggest budget with Cove and Hamilton having rich owners putting far more money in. 

Not being funny, but how can it be "confirmed" what other teams budgets were last season? Do they all compare notes over prawn sandwiches in the corporate boxes?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not being funny, but how can it be "confirmed" what other teams budgets were last season? Do they all compare notes over prawn sandwiches in the corporate boxes?

It sounds like that’s more or less what happens, how accurate the information spouted via these prawn sandwich meetings is I have no idea. Suppose it depends on the individuals involved but the respective club owners and directors certainly all seem to have a rough idea what each of their competing clubs are able to spend on players. 

Posted (edited)

In terms of budgets I reckon it will be roughly in the following order

Livingston
Raith
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Partick Thistle
Queens Park
Ayr
Hamilton
Airdrie
Morten

With quite a big gap between the bottom two and the rest. The other 8 all quite close together

Livingston are probably the biggest unknown - depends what percentage of their prize money, parachute payment and uefa cash they decide to blow in one season trying to get promoted. With their financial history, probably the whole lot and then a bit extra on top 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It sounds like that’s more or less what happens, how accurate the information spouted via these prawn sandwich meetings is I have no idea. Suppose it depends on the individuals involved but the respective club owners and directors certainly all seem to have a rough idea what each of their competing clubs are able to spend on players. 

That's probably true enough but I suspect there will be a lot of bluffing going on, and a lot of playing to the gallery. If you miss out on a signing, its a lot easier to say "we couldn't compete with the wages that club X were offering" than it is to say "we missed out because the guy likes their manager better" or "the guy thinks they'll be a better bet at going up". 

Having spoken separately to two recent owners/chairmen of clubs, they know the rough budgets of their competitor clubs, and are generally happy to discuss them, in broad terms.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

In terms of budgets I reckon it will be roughly in the following order

Livingston
Raith
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Partick Thistle
Queens Park
Ayr
Hamilton
Airdrie
Morten

With quite a big gap between the bottom two and the rest. The other 8 all quite close together

Livingston are probably the biggest unknown - depends what percentage of their prize money, parachute payment and uefa cash they decide to blow in one season trying to get promoted. With their financial history, probably the whole lot and then a bit extra on top 

Think this could be way off to be honest. Queen’s Park will definitely have the capacity to spend more than us, Partick thistle I reckon we will be roughly comparable to and both Hamilton / Ayr could also be above us here and possibly out bid us for players. Remember it was only last season Hamilton and Cove were able to put together a playing budget more competitive than ours on a fraction of our gates, if an owner is willing to subsidise loses by pumping cash in we are always at risk of being disadvantaged competing for players against these clubs. However I think your probably correct in saying apart from Airdrie and Morton there won’t be that much between the respective playing budgets when it comes to the rest of the clubs outside possibly Livingston who have the parachute payments and Raith who I’m told will continue to be backed by they’re new owners. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think this could be way off to be honest. Queen’s Park will definitely have the capacity to spend more than us, Partick thistle I reckon we will be roughly comparable to us and both Hamilton and Ayr could also be above us here and possibly still out bid us for players as well. It was only last season Hamilton were able to put together a playing budget more competitive than ours on a fraction of our gates, if an owner is willing to subsidise loses by pumping cash in we are always at risk of being disadvantaged competing for players against these clubs. 

I'd be amazed if we are above Ayr  Patrick and queens park. Partick have signed Chalmers having blown Ayr out the water.. Boy was on 3700 a week  at united so certainly whilst a lot less than that won't be on peanuts. Ayr have signed the likes of Oakley so aren't exactly scrimping on wages and haughey is flinging money at the queen's park side. As mentioned before they will all have started off a couple of hundred grand in front of us due to prize money for a start.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think this could be way off to be honest. Queen’s Park will definitely have the capacity to spend more than us, Partick thistle I reckon we will be roughly comparable to and both Hamilton / Ayr could also be above us here and possibly out bid us for players. Remember it was only last season Hamilton and Cove were able to put together a playing budget more competitive than ours on a fraction of our gates, if an owner is willing to subsidise loses by pumping cash in we are always at risk of being disadvantaged competing for players against these clubs. However I think your probably correct in saying apart from Airdrie and Morton there won’t be that much between the respective playing budgets when it comes to the rest of the clubs outside possibly Livingston who have the parachute payments and Raith who I’m told will continue to be backed by they’re new owners. 

Honestly, I hope so. I don't think Davidson came here without the promise of some cash to spend this summer, and our signings last year were mainly kids the previous DOF scouted on an Excel spreadsheet who for the most part didn't work out (hence the massive drop off from the year before) which definitely cut costs so the money should be there. Our best players are all still under contract too, so there's a really solid core to build around, but the lack of even any rumours at this stage is starting to get a bit annoying.

Edited by Zanetti

Nah, there's no way Livi will have the biggest playing budget in the league.  Raith surely.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd be amazed if we are above Ayr  Patrick and queens park. Partick have signed Chalmers having blown Ayr out the water.. Boy was on 3700 a week  at united so certainly whilst a lot less than that won't be on peanuts. Ayr have signed the likes of Oakley so aren't exactly scrimping on wages and haughey is flinging money at the queen's park side. As mentioned before they will all have started off a couple of hundred grand in front of us due to prize money for a start.

Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nah, there's no way Livi will have the biggest playing budget in the league.  Raith surely.

Yeah I’d think it’ll be Raith.

I see Ayr’s MD has confirmed the ‘home end’ will be allocated to Celtic fans for the upcoming friendly with the potential for Ayr to make £50k.

Being honest I’d hate Falkirk to do that vs one of the Bigots (I don’t think our current board would) but at least he’s being transparent with his own fans and telling them the money is more important than they are.