The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why not a transfer then?

With a transfer you still have to pay a severance because you have “broke his contract” by selling him, so if you sell him for say 10k but the contract he has left is say 20k it’s not worth it.

9 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Bit of a joke signing by McGlynn. Not on Allan's part, not much he can do. Allan probably most natural finisher but does not fit McGylnns system at all. Will be interesting to see who his replacement is. 

No he is lazy and hasn’t upped his game to get into the team. It is not Mcglynns fault he didn’t play. It is all on the player. 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Doubt that, club wouldn’t have allowed the loan move in that case if QOTS / Inverness were looking to take him permanently. 

The players allowed to refuse a transfer you know, unless you pay him off you can't MAKE him leave.

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

His one complete brain fart as our manager. Abysmal signing. But that’s been his only one, a much better record than most 

Goodwillie. He signed him mind, that didn't work out well in a previous job.

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

His one complete brain fart as our manager. Abysmal signing. But that’s been his only one, a much better record than most 

18 minutes ago, North West said:

Goodwillie. He signed him mind, that didn't work out well in a previous job.

Our meaning: belonging to or connected to us.

McGlynn signing Goodwillie when he was employed by Raith Rovers had absolutely nothing to do with Falkirk FC.

Close but no cigar.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Our meaning: belonging to or connected to us.

McGlynn signing Goodwillie when he was employed by Raith Rovers had absolutely nothing to do with Falkirk FC.

Close but no cigar.

I wasn't implying it was to do with your club. I'm only saying he's made mistakes.

1 minute ago, North West said:

I wasn't implying it was to do with your club. I'm only saying he's made mistakes.

Fair dos, but everybody makes mistakes, nobody is infallible.

12 minutes ago, North West said:

At least he's never offered his own fans a square go, as far as I know.

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

The players allowed to refuse a transfer you know, unless you pay him off you can't MAKE him leave.

Works both ways, the club also does not HAVE to allow the player to leave if the terms of the deal do not suit. 

8 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

With a transfer you still have to pay a severance because you have “broke his contract” by selling him, so if you sell him for say 10k but the contract he has left is say 20k it’s not worth it.

No you don't. You would only pay him if you come to the fabled "mutual agreement "

47 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No you don't. You would only pay him if you come to the fabled "mutual agreement "

So why then do players very rarely hand in a transfer request….reason….if they did they don’t get a severance as they are requesting to break the contract, if the club is “breaking the contract” by accepting a transfer the player is legally entitled to a severance because they are meeting the obligations of the contract 

Allen deal is a bit of a strange one if Clyde aren't paying all his wages. Otherwise I'm not sure what we are getting out of it.  He'll be away come may so with it being a season long deal it's not as if we're looking for him to have a good season and then come back to us in better shape. He'll be hanging about the club training which is a cost to us and a percentage of his wages isn't going to open many doors for us to bring someone in I wouldn't have thought.  I'd have preferred if we'd got him moved on entirely which shouldn't have been that hard given we wouldn't want a fee and his wages wouldn't be overly big for another full time side.  Obviously Clyde couldn't afford his full time wages so it's a bit disappointing that we've let him move there.

Just now, Hampden Roar said:

So why then do players very rarely hand in a transfer request….reason….if they did they don’t get a severance as they are requesting to break the contract, if the club is “breaking the contract” by accepting a transfer the player is legally entitled to a severance because they are meeting the obligations of the contract 

A club can't force anyone to move on to another club. Sometimes clubs will include a payoff as part of the deal if the player is moving to a club on lower wages to get the deal done .  There's no legally entitled severance though as no team can make a player go where they don't want to go.

Correct. I thought that was self evident. 

If you don't fancy the proposed transfer, you just sit tight on your existing deal.

Severance is only due when a deal is cancelled, and even then a player will often accept a certain percentage of the outstanding wages in order to go and start earning somewhere else immediately. 

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A club can't force anyone to move on to another club. Sometimes clubs will include a payoff as part of the deal if the player is moving to a club on lower wages to get the deal done .  There's no legally entitled severance though as no team can make a player go where they don't want to go.

By severance I’m meaning the remainder of his contract, in Allan’s case if he was transferred, the player would be entitled to the remainder of his contract paid, but would probably negotiate a severance of some sort if he was fine leaving. By doing a loan it’s probably better financially for us, and with the budgets tight saves paying a lump sum to the player if either a transfer or a “mutual” agreed.