The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

So what is the ideal result for us in the DU v Ayr game?

Per above I'm looking for a 1-0 united win over Ayr. Means we've a chance of finishing top, and we might need that as a lot of second placed finishers in the other groups are likely to have very good goals for columns.

An Ayr draw or win means they are likely to finish on 10 points and we can't catch that 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

So what is the ideal result for us in the DU v Ayr game?

To be honest finishing 1st or 2nd doesnt really matter. The 5 European teams are seeded in the next round so we'd really need 10-12 points to also be seeded (3 best group winners).

9 points and a good GD should be enough to progress regardless. Might be worth a couple of £k extra in prize money to top the group, plus keep momentum going. So maybe Dundee United to win 1-0? 

I think Ayr getting a result and winning the group is the best outcome for us. If we beat Stenny then 9 points and at least +6 GD should be more than enough to go through as a 2nd place team and there's no real benefit to winning the group over going through in 2nd

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Happy now?

I still feel it was a wee bit of a missed opportunity but we shall just need to wait and see how many the other pair put past them to know if it's a decent result.  3 1 up at half time I'd have liked to get at least 6 or 7 but we went far too long without scoring. Fingers crossed we don't rue that 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I still feel it was a wee bit of a missed opportunity but we shall just need to wait and see how many the other pair put past them to know if it's a decent result.  3 1 up at half time I'd have liked to get at least 6 or 7 but we went far too long without scoring. Fingers crossed we don't rue that 

Not happy with 5-1. Excelling yourself here mate!

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Not happy with 5-1. Excelling yourself here mate!

I just feel with all those efforts on goal there was a real chance to put even more past them. Let's wait and see what the two United's do when they face them. I'll be quite happy to be wrong if they don't hit a good few more against them.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I just feel with all those efforts on goal there was a real chance to put even more past them. Let's wait and see what the two United's do when they face them. I'll be quite happy to be wrong if they don't hit a good few more against them.

I know I’m only messing. Having said that with such a makeshift team I think it’s a more than decent result 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s good we now have a week off, hopefully get some of the injured players back.

Agreed. And I wouldnt be risking anyone unnecessarily against Senny

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Maybe dodged a bullet with stone. That's a right gaffe he's made against united.🤣

They were always going to concede a goal like that after using up about 4 months worth of luck in one game against us 

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agreed. And I wouldnt be risking anyone unnecessarily against Senny

They were always going to concede a goal like that after using up about 4 months worth of luck in one game against us 

He looks very shaky at crosses.

United away to Buckie and Ayr away to Stenny on Tues night.

Comfortable day and a positive 7 days even with that loss to Ayr as we should have won it by a couple of goals. 

Hopefully a big performance to finish off versus Stenny (in front of a 2500+ crowd would be good) and that could be enough to see us through. COYB! 

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not much to say that hasn’t been covered. Concern is that’s now two games Morrisons been ruled out, and any update on our two CBs. Any news on Adams ? 

Adams had a bug that’s all