The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Why are people queuing up to give them money before the transfer window?  An end-of-season important clash by all means fill the stand. but 3 weeks until the window shuts, 2500 paying 20 bucks is more money to get a new player. 

I'm not suggesting a boycott, let the diehards and young team go but there is no need for a mass gathering of all Falkirk fans to swell the Pars coffers.

Think you are missing the point of going to a football match.

21 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I don't know if it's just me but I'm not all that bothered about that particular game. Of course it's a national cup semi-final and I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot it would stick out more. The reason I'm not that arsed is we were in different divisions at the time and Falkirk had better players. It felt like Falkirk were favourites going into that and that's exactly how we played.

Of course I'd love if we'd won that, but by time the following day came around I wasn't really all that fussed. Some Pars fans may come in and give a different opinion of course.

I'm more pissed off about the 2007 season, Stokes hat-trick game and the following 0-3 we got from you in the final day of the season, relegation already sealed. I think you may have beat us 1-0 at TFS that season with an injury time winner from Alan Gow. Gash.

I struggle to remember other Falkirk defeats, the Rovers have muddied my memory with there routine shagging of us last season. However, if we don't get our act together and sharpish then you should be on course for a first win at East End since April 2019. Then again, John McGlynn isn't a fan of winning at East End... 

That last minute Gow winner was just... delicious. Debut for Kasper Schmeichel too IIRC? Mind him doing a knee slide to the Main Stand.

You are right about the favourites thing etc for the semi. The only reasons I would have been pissed off in your position were the reward of European football guaranteed as a result, and the fact you never laid a glove on us on the day.

I thought it was 63 went through to EEP for your trophy day. Disgusting.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That last minute Gow winner was just... delicious. Debut for Kasper Schmeichel too IIRC? Mind him doing a knee slide to the Main Stand.

You are right about the favourites thing etc for the semi. The only reasons I would have been pissed off in your position were the reward of European football guaranteed as a result, and the fact you never laid a glove on us on the day.

I thought it was 63 went through to EEP for your trophy day. Disgusting.

I was still at high school, we were on the way back from Italy via coach after a weeks skiing. Pre having everything on your phone, we arrived in Dover for a stop and we checked the back page of the Sunday paper, devastating. Journey back up to Dunfermline was class... 

Aye that's right about the cup game. We were terrible. I don't remember an awful lot about the game as I would have been about 18 and was boozed up to the eyeballs but it was pretty bad.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Think you are missing the point of going to a football match.

I don't go to football matches, I want to see Falkirk win, and If missing a few away games to give the opposition fewer resources it is a small price to pay. 

Just think if all Falkirk fans avoided this game and didn't give a penny to Raith, Livi, or Hamilton (Like I won't)  - you could increase your monthly donation to the FSS by a tenner. thus strengthing us and weakening them. 

2 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

I don't go to football matches, I want to see Falkirk win, and If missing a few away games to give the opposition fewer resources it is a small price to pay. 

Just think if all Falkirk fans avoided this game and didn't give a penny to Raith, Livi, or Hamilton (Like I won't)  - you could increase your monthly donation to the FSS by a tenner. thus strengthing us and weakening them. 

For others though going to the football on a Saturday is also a social thing. For some, it may be the only time they get out of the house all week. I wouldn’t be criticising people for going to away games. 

It's petty and futile.

Blane admits he only wants Falkirk to win so suspect when we're not he doesn't go -  thus harming "us". 

Does that mean Blane also avoids cup games etc where gates are split 🤔 - absolutely non-sensical drivel.

Football is more than money. That's become very clear in the last few years where our support has stopped turning on the players. The difference in our support is unreal and the players and manager have consistently spoken about how that's given them that extra 5% to go to the last minute. Cannot believe anyone would remove that for some petty reason. Other teams finances do not concern me whatsoever. There will always be teams with more money and teams with less but I will be at every Falkirk game I can, home or away. 

43 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

I've never red dotted anyone in my puff but well done you get one x 

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Football is more than money. That's become very clear in the last few years where our support has stopped turning on the players. The difference in our support is unreal and the players and manager have consistently spoken about how that's given them that extra 5% to go to the last minute. Cannot believe anyone would remove that for some petty reason. Other teams finances do not concern me whatsoever. There will always be teams with more money and teams with less but I will be at every Falkirk game I can, home or away. 

So you are happy giving Hamilton and Livi money when they bring a handful of fans to our place and rely on away supports to challenge us.

You are happy to give Raith money after the COVID debacle and refused to cancel a league game after our physio died the day before the game.

You are happy to give Dunfermline money before the transfer window to maybe pinch a player we were looking at.

Well, I'm not and I don't give them my cash.

3 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

So you are happy giving Hamilton and Livi money when they bring a handful of fans to our place and rely on away supports to challenge us.

You are happy to give Raith money after the COVID debacle and refused to cancel a league game after our physio died the day before the game.

You are happy to give Dunfermline money before the transfer window to maybe pinch a player we were looking at.

This c**t is at it. 

15 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

As you don’t go to any matches at all I don’t think you contribute much to football. Certainly not to Falkirk FC.

Rather similar to your contribution on here too…..

22 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

As I said, other clubs finances are not my concern. Supporting my team absolutely is my concern especially at away matches where getting a win is tougher. Weird old firm mentality and if you haven't learned how dire that situation is having seen what happens when away fans aren't present there is no helping you. Maybe football isn't for you if you're not interested in supporting your team.

6 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Fair play to Blane for getting not just one, but a reasonable few people falling for this one. A master at work. 

Folk shouldn't fall for it, but that doesn't mean Blane is anything less that a tedious saddo

13 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Fair play to Blane for getting not just one, but a reasonable few people falling for this one. A master at work. 

I think there’s a difference between falling for it and giving trolls what they deserve tbh…..

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tickets going fast already, suspect we will sell out. Rows A-K not on sale yet 

Screenshot2024-07-25at15_28_51.thumb.png.9aebbf30064299a9bcccf203889c5044.png

I'm assuming the red squares are the seats that are already sold? I suppose the block to the right is the ultras then? You would have thought that they would have gone for the block immediately behind the goals? 

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm assuming the red squares are the seats that are already sold? I suppose the block to the right is the ultras then? You would have thought that they would have gone for the block immediately behind the goals? 

Red seats are the ones still available and the ultras will be on the far left of this picture