The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Come on Harry, you’re better than posts like this. Let’s not get too smug!!

I apologise but after 4/5 years of every other c**t laying the boot into us it’s hard not to gloat a wee bit when the shoe is on the other foot 😁

4 hours ago, BPM said:

image.gif.6875e04299a43f9cf7a6fc537bea7aef.gif

Personally, I would rather have had Spartans at home and then Dundee Utd in the semi final and have a chance of winning a trophy than everyone getting all Leeds United about banking a few quid. That opportunity would have still got us a pile of cash. It’s about our club winning, that’s what I care about. It’s a bit hypocritical slaughtering the old firm then creaming ourselves when we draw them and get a few quid.

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

He reckons Vargas had a tooth knocked out!

He should have walked for the shove, Dickinson was itching to send a Falkirk player off you could see that with the amount of yellows in the first half.

Immaterial now of course, but ref absolutely shat it not sending Vargas off. Tin foil hat on of course etc etc, but if a Falkirk player had done that in front of a packed away end I'd have bet good money he'd have been off.

21 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Rips into your posts on Pie and Bovril. Suggesting you’re a bit of a strange individual 

Me, strange?

Right, I’ve actually listened to this now and seeing as I’ve been unfairly called out as the worst poster on this forum on some podcast I thought I’d just do my own research as to whether it’s a fair claim. 

It seems people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

I might be guilty of enjoying the occasional wind up on here but I tend to stay well away from rampant homophobia. Bottom of the barrel stuff indeed…

On 27/01/2010 at 18:29, Francesc Fabregas said:

Watching last night's episode - nothing stand out with the exception of that wee bender Christian pumped - thank Christ he'll only be in it for a gew episodes, he's awfy annoying. Most gay men on TV are annoying.

Edited by Enigma

Celtic 0 Falkirk 6 (big Kasper with 6 ogs).

This Falkirk team just don't know when to give up. The level of commitment, passion and effort is off the scale from all of them. It's like having 11 Will Vaulks' in your team!

Yesterday was sensational. Not one of them got less than 8/10 and Mackie getting MOtM must have been like drawing a name out of a hat because any one of them could have claimed it.

I'll admit that I thought we were in for a scudding ten minutes in as Hearts had started very well and had missed a few chances already. I think they maybe started to think that themselves because they seemed to take the foot off the gas a bit then had no answer in the 2nd half. Can anyone tell me why, with the ref throwing yellows about like confetti, Dhanda didn't get booked for that dive? 

It’s kinda unbelievable the transformation at this football club over the last couple of years. The profile of the club is rising at an incredible level that none of us could ever imaging in our lifetime due to the damage done in the last 7/8 years and some more. 
There are so many factors that make this club an absolutely f***ing magnificent place to be at this time and most of us probably thought couldn’t be bettered after last season but this club continues to get better and better and there are so many factors that have made this possible, we are stronger with a remarkable growing feel good factor. 
Sometimes I feel that we need to pinch ourselves and I remember looking about the stadium yesterday and at EEP last week and shaking my head and thinking what the f*** has happened here? Even going back to 2016/17 TFS felt like a morgue sometimes and you could hear pin drop. 
The young lads of the Ultras have made a huge difference to the club, energy, atmosphere, togetherness, synergy with the management and players and we appear to be as one in everything we do all moving in the same direction. 
Absolutely Incredible. What a happy place we are in just now and I think there is more to come!

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE CONNECTED TO THE CLUB

🎶FALKIRK FC…THE NAVY BLUE ARE WE🎶

Some utter clown on Facebook having a go at the Commercial team because we don’t have a huge sponsor pumping millions into the club.

The farcical examples he gave were I.C.I (defunct company) and Middlesbrough, BP and Hamburg as well as Ineos who as everyone knows are about to close the Grangemouth refinery.

Crazy stuff.

17 hours ago, Craig1876 said:

Personally, I would rather have had Spartans at home and then Dundee Utd in the semi final and have a chance of winning a trophy than everyone getting all Leeds United about banking a few quid. That opportunity would have still got us a pile of cash. It’s about our club winning, that’s what I care about. It’s a bit hypocritical slaughtering the old firm then creaming ourselves when we draw them and get a few quid.

Reality is more reliable than opportunity. Especially when they’re as unlikely as the fantasy you describe. There is  f all hypocritical about taking serious cash from Celtic or rangers, we’ve been cut off from the gravy train for years so let’s fill our boots. 

Edited by AJ1981

24 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Reality is more reliable than opportunity. Especially when they’re as unlikely as the fantasy you describe. There is  f all hypothetical about taking serious cash from Celtic or rangers, we’ve been cut off from the gravy train for years so let’s fill our boots. 

Of course we can also add that if we lose, well it’s expected, but in the small chance we do get a result the shockwaves it would cause and the damage it would do to the reputation of an incredibly smug arsecheek would be priceless…..

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

He should have walked for the shove, Dickinson was itching to send a Falkirk player off you could see that with the amount of yellows in the first half.

Personally thought the ref had a decent game and all the yellows were deserved.

Personally think Spencer made the most of the shove like most players do in that scenario, only idiot refs send players off for that.

I've also seen players sent off for the challenge Mackie made for his booking 

Extreme nit picking faults for the ref who for me was a Bobby Dazzler 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Personally think Spencer made the most of the shove like most players do in that scenario, only idiot refs send players off for that.

I thought he had a shocker and at no point did he have any control but at the same time he also got the big decisions right. I've got no issues with any of the cards given to Falkirk players though I didn't see what MacIver's was for

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

It's not nit picking to point out the absolutely textbook yellows he ignored for Hearts players at a time where the bookings were already racking up for us. Everyone of our bookings were indeed justified. However, that doesn't make him a good referee if he blatantly ignores the ones on the other side. There were 3 in the first half. One escapes me, but Dhandas Swan dive (he didn't give the free kick so he clearly agreed its a dive) and someone hauled a Falkirk player back by the shirt when both ball and man were well outwith the range of an actual challenge. Both of these are automatic yellow cards at the best of times, but having already booked had the cards out, were particularly bad. 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I thought he had a shocker and at no point did he have any control but at the same time he also got the big decisions right. I've got no issues with any of the cards given to Falkirk players though I didn't see what MacIver's was for

Maciver had been mouthing at the ref about 20 seconds before. I looked away then looked back and the card was out. I assume he kept on going and went too far