The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t agree, should not be putting barriers in the way of people wanting to come to a game.

Maybe hard to believe nowadays but not everyone is tech savvy.

On Saturday the club didn't and my suggestion doesn't.

All it might do is get cash paying fans to the stadium earlier.

Been looking at premier leagues young players who are likely to go out on loan who could fill the McIvor cover issue.

McIvor is the one player without a close one for one cover. During the season he will get injured, suspended so its a good pitch to make that the loanee will get their chance and if you throw in the promise 'if the games won we will give him a run'

One player stands out Celtics Danial Cummings. 18, similar in style and can put the ball in the net.

If you don't ask you don't get.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Been looking at premier leagues young players who are likely to go out on loan who could fill the McIvor cover issue.

McIvor is the one player without a close one for one cover. During the season he will get injured, suspended so its a good pitch to make that the loanee will get their chance and if you throw in the promise 'if the games won we will give him a run'

One player stands out Celtics Danial Cummings. 18, similar in style and can put the ball in the net.

If you don't ask you don't get.

MACIVER!

I agree it will be loans we are more likely to get as looking at the list of free agents in Scotland makes for pretty grim reading overall: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/SC2

Hopefully the loans we go for will be more experienced-type players deemed surplus to requirements at their parent clubs rather than youngsters looking for their first/ second baptism of senior football. That should give us a bit more certainty they will be up to standard and reduce pressure to provide minutes if they are not.

Two loans to provide cover at CF and CH (of similar quality to MacIver, Henderson and Donaldson) and banking the rest of the Celtic money for January seems sensible to me 

McGlynn has used the loan market brilliantly in the past so hopefully he can do the same again this season 

54 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What is the problem in the background you wonder. Decent stadium, decent players on the books.

I posted last season that there were rumours of unhappy players in their dressing room. Looks like that could well be true. Stanton is rumoured to have asked for a move. 

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I agree it will be loans we are more likely to get as looking at the list of free agents in Scotland makes for pretty grim reading overall: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/SC2

Hopefully the loans we go for will be more experienced-type players deemed surplus to requirements at their parent clubs rather than youngsters looking for their first/ second baptism of senior football. That should give us a bit more certainty they will be up to standard and reduce pressure to provide minutes if they are not.

Two loans to provide cover at CF and CH (of similar quality to MacIver, Henderson and Donaldson) and banking the rest of the Celtic money for January seems sensible to me 

McGlynn has used the loan market brilliantly in the past so hopefully he can do the same again this season 

I was thinking about the MacIver situation. McGlynn knows every penny is a prisoner this season but he signed Shanley. Perhaps he knows more about him than we do and thinks he can fill that role if required. McIver did not have his best game on Saturday perhaps due to the size of PT defence. Is this the type of situation Shanley would be suited

to? Or am i just trying to find a use for Shanley!

Edited by Bigbrbairn

31 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Whats the chance of a sneaky wee signing before the window shuts? Little or none?

I am to be convinced JMCG wants to bring players in, which I think is running a risk that if we got 4/5 injuries at once we will be very thin on the ground. We already have three out, two of which started most of last season. His call I guess and he has not got too many calls wrong squad wise so you need to trust him. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I was thinking about the MacIver situation. McGlynn knows every penny is a prisoner this season but he signed Shanley. Perhaps he knows more about him than we do and thinks he can fill that role if required. McIver did not have his best game on Saturday perhaps due to the size of PT defence. Is this the type of situation Shanley would be suited

d to? Or am i just trying to find a use for Shanley!

We were a lot less direct on Saturday as PT sat in. I can’t remember MAciver having many, if any, balls up to him in the air. 

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

to? Or am i just trying to find a use for Shanley!

I think the fact Shanley didn’t come on until 84 minutes probably says a lot unfortunately.

I think we definitely need a striker who can offer cover/competition to Maciver. It’s the one area of the squad where one injury could cause serious issues.

33 minutes ago, BPM said:

I am to be convinced JMCG wants to bring players in, which I think is running a risk that if we got 4/5 injuries at once we will be very thin on the ground. We already have three out, two of which started most of last season. His call I guess and he has not got too many calls wrong squad wise so you need to trust him. 

I’m actually with McGlynn on this.

The manager has been very clever in being able to sign players who can fill more than one position and probably thinks he will be getting one or two back shortly anyway. I think he feels that having players that can’t even get a place on the bench breeds unhappiness and he is keen to avoid that. Also too many new faces could upset the happy balance in the dressing room already.

We do have the loan option if absolutely needed but I would be holding out until Xmas to assess where we are before signing anyone else even though there is a small risk there…..

Im sure mcglynn wants to bring in players but I'm not convinced that after hopefully getting miller and others perhaps on longer deals that there will be any cash available to do so unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Im sure mcglynn wants to bring in players but I'm not convinced that after hopefully getting miller and others perhaps on longer deals that there will be any cash available to do so unfortunately.

Surely some money will be made available from the Celtic cup tie.