The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been a lot of talk about which players deserves songs about them. 

Stunned that there's not really anything for Hendo. Multi position baller, 100%er and borderline Ultra. 

There is one that i heard on Saturday but it escapes me now

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Could McKenna not cover if MacIver was injured. I’m sure I read somewhere he has played up front before.

I'd rather have Alfie. Just from a pace angle. McKenna is a fine player but  have to think he'd struggle in a lone striker role at this age.

Ticket details out for Celtic game. Paper tickets to be bought from shop. One per ST. Something about having to sell in order which includes restricted view. Presumably means if you go in the shop at the wrong time you might have no choice but to buy a shite seat? 

41 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Could McKenna not cover if MacIver was injured. I’m sure I read somewhere he has played up front before.

I suspect that's what would happen.

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t agree, should not be putting barriers in the way of people wanting to come to a game.

Maybe hard to believe nowadays but not everyone is tech savvy.

Some tech savvy folk also struggle too 😶

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm sure he got double figures playing the 10 role, don't think he is a lone striker or a striker tbh.

I'd like to see at least a loan CH come in, I don't think we will see Lang this year and Donaldson and Henderson will get injured or suspended as the season goes on. We have cover to some degree but don't have cover for the cover.

A CF would also be good loan but I'd bet McGlynn would push Oliver forward before Shanley in the event of no MacIver.

The problem with loans is a lot of the ones that are highly rated come with a price tag and/or wage that differs if they play.

I don't think we can guarantee a loan player that they will play, so we would be looking to loan on basis of play when required which brings a dislike from the loan club.

CH still very much my main concern tho

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ticket details out for Celtic game. Paper tickets to be bought from shop. One per ST. Something about having to sell in order which includes restricted view. Presumably means if you go in the shop at the wrong time you might have no choice but to buy a shite seat? 

That's how I read it. Not much the club can do I guess but it is annoying you could land unlucky. 

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd like to see at least a loan CH come in, I don't think we will see Lang this year and Donaldson and Henderson will get injured or suspended as the season goes on. We have cover to some degree but don't have cover for the cover.

A CF would also be good loan but I'd bet McGlynn would push Oliver forward before Shanley in the event of no MacIver.

The problem with loans is a lot of the ones that are highly rated come with a price tag and/or wage that differs if they play.

I don't think we can guarantee a loan player that they will play, so we would be looking to loan on basis of play when required which brings a dislike from the loan club.

CH still very much my main concern tho.

For me, Hendo or Donaldson get injured Mackie moves to CH and we have McCann ready to play LB.  If both get injured we still have cover to some degree in Adams and Yeats can play right back.

If they both end up injured, that is not a back 4 I would be confident in, especially if its gonna be longer than a couple of weeks.  

I would still be more confident in that though than any of our options to replace McIver and expecting them to do the same job in our system, so if we had to, I would prioritise cover at CF.

However I also agree with McGlynn in that its difficult to bring someone in to just sit on the bench in event of injury and also get someone in that will be better than cover we may already have.....

Save the money until January and see what we need then.

We can still get a loan until end of September if we have concerns.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is exactly why I hate going to any of the arse cheeks. Treated like shite for years and it just continues.

Think it's maybe a deal breaker for me. I'm f**ked if I'm going through there to sit with a shite view. Guess the only option. Is go down to the shop and if offered shite tickets, give it a miss

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Think it's maybe a deal breaker for me. I'm f**ked if I'm going through there to sit with a shite view. Guess the only option. Is go down to the shop and if offered shite tickets, give it a miss

Their restricted view is proper restricted view too. Some RV tickets I've had you could never have known but they have some disgraceful seats where you are blocked from loads of the pitch. 

They really are a bunch of utter c***s.

Wouldn’t shock me if the RV tickets are the first section they need to sell too as why else would you mention it. If it were those being sold last then those buying last would just need to take it or leave it. 

Going to go on Thursday and if all I’m being offered is restricted view they can shove it. Not paying £44 for me and Mrs K to sit in a stadium and not know what’s going on. Would rather spend the cash in a local pub watching the game. It’s a disgrace that as long as you have grass on the pitch you get into that league but you don’t need to make sure paying punters can see the bloody game.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Some tech savvy folk also struggle too 😶

I'm sure he got double figures playing the 10 role, don't think he is a lone striker or a striker tbh.

CH still very much my main concern tho

The counter to that legitimate concern from the loaning club is. It's not an If ! its a when McIvor gets injured or suspended the player is a nantural fit to play. Also we want to keep MacIvor fit so in games whens its well run there is a more than likely chance your man will come on.

Not every club will have that counter turning a negative into a positive.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The counter to that legitimate concern from the loaning club is. It's not an If ! its a when McIvor gets injured or suspended the player is a nantural fit to play. Also we want to keep MacIvor fit so in games whens its well run there is a more than likely chance your man will come on.

Not every club will have that counter turning a negative into a positive.

MCIVER 

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Going to go on Thursday and if all I’m being offered is restricted view they can shove it. Not paying £44 for me and Mrs K to sit in a stadium and not know what’s going on. Would rather spend the cash in a local pub watching the game. It’s a disgrace that as long as you have grass on the pitch you get into that league but you don’t need to make sure paying punters can see the bloody game.

Excellent point. Nothing would ever be done about that of course, unless it was one of the diddy clubs that they wanted rid of!