The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I’m slightly worried that with a Barney and a Keelan (not to mention a Leon and a Finn), we are at risk of turning into a rugby team.  

Whaurs the Shugs and the Wullies?  The gid honest boys?

Think we're safe enough for now. When they all start having surnames for given names, then we can worry.

"Crawford, have you seen Finlay? I think he's over their with Barclay and Campbell". 😋

17 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I’m slightly worried that with a Barney and a Keelan (not to mention a Leon and a Finn), we are at risk of turning into a rugby team.  

Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone born after 2000 is named Shug or Willie.

11 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

I think Barney has a poster of Ross McIver on his bedroom wall. You would (evidently) struggle to find a player more in the same mould.

1 well taken goal ✔️

2 assists showing composure and awareness ✔️

Looks to press ✔️

Looks to link play ✔️

Decent in the air ✔️

Decently quick ✔️

Edit: Gets in poaching positions ✔️

I'm excited to see what he can do. He'll definitely need time to adjust going from that standard of opposition to the championship. 

All well and good but if he can't 'swerve and dribble' then at least one of our support will think he's rubbish....

Looks very impressive to me. If he's half the player of Adams, then that's a good start.

12 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

I think Barney has a poster of Ross McIver on his bedroom wall. You would (evidently) struggle to find a player more in the same mould.

1 well taken goal ✔️

2 assists showing composure and awareness ✔️

Looks to press ✔️

Looks to link play ✔️

Decent in the air ✔️

Decently quick ✔️

Edit: Gets in poaching positions ✔️

I'm excited to see what he can do. He'll definitely need time to adjust going from that standard of opposition to the championship. 

12 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Hopefully this lad turns into as good a signing as Adams and McIver. Since he will be available for January I would imagine John's hoping he will be good enough to feature off the branch by then. 

Can't see him featuring in January, I'm afraid. He looked absolutely dead on his feet at the assist for the 4th goal, I think it will take quite a few months to get his fitness levels up, especially if he is still studying and only able to train part-time. Might not see him until next season. Look forward to seeing him then.

47 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Think we're safe enough for now. When they all start having surnames for given names, then we can worry.

"Crawford, have you seen Finlay? I think he's over there with Barclay and Campbell". 😋

I don’t think we can be too worried about signing someone called Crawford.

3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

They are drinking Bucky with their mates 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Can't see him featuring in January, I'm afraid. He looked absolutely dead on his feet at the assist for the 4th goal, I think it will take quite a few months to get his fitness levels up, especially if he is still studying and only able to train part-time. Might not see him until next season. Look forward to seeing him then.

I wouldn't worry about fitness. The HWUFC scholarship programme has those lads training as thoroughly as full time pros and they are, on average, miles ahead of other teams in that league. 

I'd forgive a lad who's run his socks off for 85+ minutes in a cup final if he wants to stop running and admire the end product of when he outstripped the defence and laid on an inch perfect pass.😉

15 minutes ago, Knightley said:

I wouldn't worry about fitness. The HWUFC scholarship programme has those lads training as thoroughly as full time pros and they are, on average, miles ahead of other teams in that league. 

I'd forgive a lad who's run his socks off for 85+ minutes in a cup final if he wants to stop running and admire the end product of when he outstripped the defence and laid on an inch perfect pass.😉

What can we expect @Knightley?

Tait in SPFL team of the week got to admit, he just gets better and better does need to cut out some of the dramatics as I kind of think that was what went against him when he got brought down in the Partick box on Saturday.image.thumb.png.99f40cd8526ffe02879f68fa361b3e1f.png