The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_5088.thumb.jpeg.84de2511b7e4bb646d6756ead943bc62.jpeg

I’ve already explained that. I have no doubt that at a higher level, where there is more exposure that bookmakers might use stats to back up what odds they offer. 

However at this level that won’t be the case. They’ll offer odds at the start of the season based on where teams finished last season and who the supposed “bigger” teams are. After that it’ll be down to who places money where. 

So how do you think they set hundreds of markets everyday? Have they an army of people and a chalk board? 

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pars have sold 470 tickets for Saturday so far. You would assume they will shift more this week but the full 1900 away stand? 

Think they are expecting to get pumped and don't want to show face.

57 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pars have sold 470 tickets for Saturday so far. You would assume they will shift more this week but the full 1900 away stand? 

Seems they're bricking it, this game. Football's dog eat dog, and as you alluded on the podcast, we have the chance to really turn the screw on them. Would they be as sympathetic or show some mercy to us if the tables were turned? Not a chance. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

42 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Seems they're bricking it, this game. Football's dog eat dog, and as you alluded on the podcast, we have the chance to really turn the screw on them. Would they be as sympathetic or show some mercy to us if the tables were turned? Not a chance. 

“Sympathetic or show some mercy”

What do you mean?

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

That's actually not bad for nearly a week in advance considering the season they're having. Reckon they will bring around 1,500

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Absolutely screams banana skin, this game. Need to be right on their throat from k.o.

We've all seen apparent no hopers triumph. And DA simply cannot be as bad as they are making out. The new signings will have improved them.

Exactly this. The season we went down we won at EEP twice with a horrendous side. Full throttle from the first minute and absolutely no complacency.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Exactly this. The season we went down we won at EEP twice with a horrendous side. Full throttle from the first minute and absolutely no complacency.

We've faced every sort of side in the last year including ones who we were told were shite and went on to give us a game. We have also faced Dunfermline already this season. There's absolutely no way that a game of this nature will be the one where complacency suddenly appears. We're coming off a good win and a well needed 8 days rest. McGlynn will have had plenty of time to see where/if Dunfermline have improved. They are still being held back by the same clown in the dugout so I'm hesitant to think they'll have improved too much, but either way we won't see a complacent Falkirk in front of a full house

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We've faced every sort of side in the last year including ones who we were told were shite and went on to give us a game. We have also faced Dunfermline already this season. There's absolutely no way that a game of this nature will be the one where complacency suddenly appears. We're coming off a good win and a well needed 8 days rest. McGlynn will have had plenty of time to see where/if Dunfermline have improved. They are still being held back by the same clown in the dugout so I'm hesitant to think they'll have improved too much, but either way we won't see a complacent Falkirk in front of a full house

Aye you’re right and I know you are and I know this team is different… But the scars of the past run deep my man 

11 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Think they are expecting to get pumped and don't want to show face.

Ah! 'The Castle Doom Syndrome' as finally mutated from Brockville to The Falkirk Stadium.

Fond memories of the trepidation, despondency and sheer misery of the Pars supporters trudging down Hope Street and along Meeks Road to what awaited them.. Then the post match traumatised, demoralised rabble shuffle despondently away having had their worst fears realised.

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure but the odds on you being a nippy wee c**t during a civil discussion are fairly short. What a strange man. 

Been called many a thing in my time including c**t, wee however hasn’t been said about me for a long time 😁

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

How on earth did we even let that fantasist imposter through the front door.

Because certain members of the MSG wanted cash for their shares beginning and end of it. As soon as the Rawlins appeared on the scene they were off like a shot cash in hand never to be seen again. 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Because certain members of the MSG wanted cash for their shares beginning and end of it. As soon as the Rawlins appeared on the scene they were off like a shot cash in hand never to be seen again. 

Did they not think to do even the most basic due diligence checks?

Idiots.