The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I guess there would be at least SOME work involved. What turnstiles do they use? Where do they go for a pie or a piss? How do you prevent them just wading into the South (or the North) or the pitch. 

Thing with the North is we don't need to do anything at all. We've already done it before 

True. 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Well done Ray. Always great to listen to Bairns talking about our team 👏🏻

Cheers my good man!

A lot of great chat on here about the ever expanding fanbase. I'll settle for regular home sellouts but I do take other folks' points in that it's frustrating to see a half empty away stand when there's still demand to fill it with more of us. 

6 hours ago, HonestAl said:

The recent YouTube interview by The S*n with Mr Glynn got me to thinking. As I’m want to do from time to time.

John was keen to emphasise the vital role of Smudger in their 18 year management partnership. Remarkable in these modern blame culture days.

Anyhoo….just how good are these two in putting staff in place which continuously improves the ability of the squad. And I dare say prior to Falkirk too.

Glaringly good examples since arriving at TFS are Dylan Tait, Ethan Ross, Ross MacIver, Hendo at CB, Nicky Hogarth, Leon McCann.

Plenty more too, as I never really recall Nesbitt being anyone’s idea of first name on the team sheet until midway through last season.

And who knows at what level Adams will reach. 
I’m really looking forward to the development of Barney Stewart as a CF but I do think season 25-26 may be realistic as a starter as Keelan ( Adams) was 6 months in training with us before his amazing start to his Falkirk career. Not always error free but such a thrilling talent - his ball control, pace and passing is a delight to watch.

Best management team at Falkirk. Just pips Jefferies & Brown for me and probably matches, with hindsight, what Alex Ferguson may have achieved if he’d been allowed to step up from Player/Coach when Willie C retired.

It's all about opinions of course and as much as I hate comparisons Jeffries & Brown took us to 5th in the Premier League and had both the Arse Cheeks, Hibz & Hertz on toast that season. McGlynn has certainly done well but hardly to the same level.......so far.  

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what the cost implications would be of a temporary stand. I used to go in there and the view wasn’t bad. I mind the place rocking when Gowzer scored the late winner against the Pars at New Year.

Can you remember how it worked with turnstiles, toilets etc? 

Would need planning permission, plus turnstiles, toilets and catering. Not unfeasible as we had them previously but not something that can just be thrown up overnight.

From memory we had to fill them 3 times to break even, probably not worth it for a couple of hundred extra for this game and one or two others. Would fill them on trophy day obviously 8)

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

46 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would need planning permission, plus turnstiles, toilets and catering. Not unfeasible as we had them previously but not something that can just be thrown up overnight.

From memory we had to fill them 3 times to break even, probably not worth it for a couple of hundred extra for this game and one or two others. Would fill them on trophy day obviously 8)

My memory is that it was Back the Bairns in the beginning that put up the temporary stand. I cannot for the life of me remember what we did though nor the logistics. 

I enjoyed sitting in the gazebo back in the day, would be a welcome addition but probably a premier League one.

If we lose a few games the crowds might drop off again so I don't expect the club will be rushing to spend money we don't really have at the minute. 

13 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Toilets were portakabins, don’t think there was a south stand when the gazebo was originally there so you entered from that end of the stadium 

Yes until our last season in the SPL where we had the south stand and gazibos along the east side only

IIRC there were temporary turnstiles at both corners so one could be used for home fans and one for away fans if required

Imagine we would only need one rather than two this season but as others have said probably not worthwhile financially 

FalkirkStadium-da56452.JPG

ScreenShot2022-04-05at10_05_24.thumb.png.8279e2f39496ed7ae74f78f47e76f30e.png

11 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Guess who's back?

Latest video is up, Bairns!

Ray, you're breath of fresh air. I'm glad you have realised its about you having fun and discussing what's on your mind.
As others have said, there can't be too much FFC chat. 

Liked and subscribed.

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Yes until our last season in the SPL where we had the south stand and gazibos along the east side only

IIRC there were temporary turnstiles at both corners so one could be used for home fans and one for away fans if required

Imagine we would only need one rather than two this season but as others have said probably not worthwhile financially 

FalkirkStadium-da56452.JPG

ScreenShot2022-04-05at10_05_24.thumb.png.8279e2f39496ed7ae74f78f47e76f30e.png

Think I was in the temporary stand a couple of times but can’t mind a thing about it. Judging by that picture it looks like a couple of portaloos at the South end and a portacabin at the North end. Turnstiles also look to be at the North side but hard to tell. Not sure if I can see a pie stall.

The Foundation currently have a couple of portaloos situated at the back that we could maybe rent from them. 

Turnstiles are around £1,500 to purchase and shouldn’t be hard to set up a small pie stall, if necessary. 

Maybe worth looking in to for potential future home sell outs as reckon you could easily fit around 150 standing on the East side. Sure a small crowdfunder would help fund any of the extras required. 

North Stand was designed to be split if required. 

It has 6 sections

3 sections (East) could reserved for away fans

1 center section reserved for segregation

2 sections (Main Stand side) for more home fans

If the home support continues like this then away fans tickets should be started to be sold from the East center section first, which will leave the option for Falkirk fans in the West 2 sections if required.

49 minutes ago, SomersetBairn said:

Ray, you're breath of fresh air. I'm glad you have realised its about you having fun and discussing what's on your mind.
As others have said, there can't be too much FFC chat. 

Liked and subscribed.

Cheers for the support, mate! Yeah, I was defo getting into my own head a bit. Sometimes my takes might be pish, but they'll always be honest pish takes 🤣

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The gazebo was great fun. I seem to remember the turnstiles were roughly on the inside of where the floodlights are. Think there was a food truck and the toilets were portakabins. 

Brilliant that this is a serious consideration to have. 

From a photographer`s point of view, I loved the gazebo days as you could position yourself anywhere and still have a crowd pic in the background. 

CelebrationvHibs(h)-4.jpg