The Falkirk FC Thread

I get it through Uni, but it says that the number of shareholders are unknown.

There are 1,083,260 shares.

Does it not say on the Annual Return?

Yes it does. A full shareholders list was provided to Companies House on 8th December for shareholders as at 7th September (although there have been shares issued since on 13th January).

It's available to purchase from Companies House for the princely sum of £1. I didn't bother though.

Pressley wants Darren Dods. Awwww naw.

Christ, is he still going? He must be some age now.

Anyone hear anything yesterday about a supposed loan to the club from Pressleys wife? :unsure:

Worryingly, St Mirren are being liked with a move for Burton O'Brien. It seems he's on daft money at Falkirk, but is he really as ineffectual as I'm led to believe? :(

He can on occasion show glimpses that he's a very capable player.

Unfortunately, having had him for three seasons, he's shown those glimpses in a total of about four matches.

Worryingly, St Mirren are being liked with a move for Burton O'Brien. It seems he's on daft money at Falkirk, but is he really as ineffectual as I'm led to believe? :(

I guarantee he will be maginifcent for you guys. He has so much potential, but Pressley doesn't use him properly. For what it's worth, Danny Lennon was at our game yesterday, probably looking at Mark Stewart.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh he's pish alright.

Oh yeah?

I guarantee he will be absolutely fucking dreadful. A talentless gimp.

It's just inevitable. As I said, he has been completely fucked over by our manager's tactics. Somebody who can utilize his talent properly will have a cracking player on their hands.

Like Kenny Deuchar, Burton will come back to haunt us.

Somebody who can utilize his talent properly will have a cracking player on their hands.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is his talent exactly?

Is it hiding? Because we all knew he's fucking brilliant at that.

By the way, just so you can enjoy some "we told you so" banter, Kevin McBride is a pretty mediocre player.

Struts around the pitch in a light jog, playing tippy-tappy passes, of which only 60% reach the intended target. His dead ball delivery is satisfactory and his solitary shot on goal in the last 3 or 4 games was quite close.

However, he can't tackle, rarely passes forward and it appears that he is unable to sprint.

In other words, I have absolutely no idea how he survived in the SPL so long. I will be mortified if McGlynn offers him a contract in the close season.

By the way, just so you can enjoy some "we told you so" banter, Kevin McBride is a pretty mediocre player.

Struts around the pitch in a light jog, playing tippy-tappy passes, of which only 60% reach the intended target. His dead ball delivery is satisfactory and his solitary shot on goal in the last 3 or 4 games was quite close.

However, he can't tackle, rarely passes forward and it appears that he is unable to sprint.

In other words, I have absolutely no idea how he survived in the SPL so long. I will be mortified if McGlynn offers him a contract in the close season.

I hate to say we told you so.

But we told you so :rolleyes:

Yip ... sounds about right.

Still leaves a bad taste in the mouth though that he was booed at Hampden by Falkirk fans en route to a win over Dunfermline and a Cup Final <_<

It's just inevitable. As I said, he has been completely fucked over by our manager's tactics. Somebody who can utilize his talent properly will have a cracking player on their hands.

Like Kenny Deuchar, Burton will come back to haunt us.

Burton O'Brien is fucking shite.

Sounds pretty much spot on. Be interesting to see the comparison of Raith's form before they signed him and after. It's not just his ability, it's what he does to the team as a whole.

You should have looked at the warnings we gave Hibs fans when they took Yogi and McBride... that didn't work out too well for them. Loads of us gave us you the same warnings!

People have a reputation of Falkirk fans as moaning whingers, whereas most of the evidence suggests that we're actually right about what we moan and whinge about :D

This was posted on One F. No real surprises there.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2011/05/03/falkirk-boss-steven-pressley-axes-seven-stars-after-bid-for-promotion-to-spl-fails-86908-23103767/

FALKIRK manager Steven Pressley yesterday told seven first-team players they will not be offered new contracts.

The Bairns boss survived fan criticism to win a new 12-month deal but has done so against the backdrop of severe financial cutbacks as the club prepares for a second season in the First Division.

With Dunfermline sealing the title at the weekend to kill Bairns' lingering dreams of bouncing back up to the SPL, Pressley moved quickly to inform his out-of-contract players of their futures.

Captain Burton O'Brien, strikers Pedro Moutinho and Carl Finnigan, defenders Brian McLean, Chris Mitchell and Mehdi Khalis and keeper Robert Olejnik have all been told they will not be retained.

Pressley is struggling with budget constraints and has dumped the majority of high earners left over from the club's time in the SPL.

He said: "I've spoken to quite a number of the out-of-contract players because it's important they know where their futures lie.

"We are not in a position to offer these players contracts and they'll certainly move on. A number of them will move on because of the financial restraints but other decisions have got to be made as well.

"In some cases it is because it's the right time to part company and get a fresh start.

"There are some younger players who have been spoken to as well.

"It's the worst part of the job. We are exceptionally close as a group, I have a very good relationship with all my players and it's not easy when you have to tell them they are being let go."

One player who has been offered fresh terms is striker Mark Stewart, who had a new deal tabled weeks ago.

Stewart is the top scorer in the First Division and it remains to be seen whether there will be interest in the 22-year-old in the summer.

But by offering a new contract, which is understood to have already been factored into the new budget, the Westfield club have protected their right to compensation if he does move on.

Edited by Hughsie