The Falkirk FC Thread

It's a strange one with Boaby but I really think all he would need is a better goalkeeping coach in to help him as his shot stopping is still as good as ever but his kicking and communication has gotten worse over the last few years.

For me he is probably the best keeper that was ours for more than six months (Mallo) since Glennon, we seriously have had some howlers in the goal in the last 10yr which a lot of folk forget

Am I the only one that really didn't rate Glennon? Aside from that game at EEP I didn't think he was up to much at all.

Speaking of our former 'keepers I always felt Lambers was hugely under-rated.

Correct, remember Flinders :(

*shudder* ButterFlinders is a disgraceful excuse for a 'keeper. I didn't think it was possible to find someone worse than that Australian diddy Higgins but somehow Yogi managed it.

My abiding memory of Glennon was of him selling the jerseys in a live Sky game, possibly against Hearts, with an absolute howler.

I too thought Lambers was a very decent keeper. Flinders was the worst I've seen since Darren Hill.

My abiding memory of Glennon was of him selling the jerseys in a live Sky game, possibly against Hearts, with an absolute howler.

That was the first game that season Hearts didn't win, we led them 2-0 with about 20 minutes to go and ended up drawing the game. It was for their equaliser, he let the ball bounce in the six yard box. Pressley scored an own goal for us that day and a double for them.

I too thought Lambers was a very decent keeper. Flinders was the worst I've seen since Darren Hill.

I agree on Lambers, one of the few decent goalies we had in the Hughes era, yet shat on when another arrived on the conveyor belt, was it Schmeichel? :unsure:

Hill was no worse than Ferguson, youth being on his side & he was made scapegoat for the 8-1 defeat at Parkhead, though his social life eventually destroyed his stay at Westfield. :wacko:

Who were the worst, take your pick from Higgins, Flinders, Supple or Glennon. Howard did well when eventually given a chance, but left for more cash, to his detriment. Krul & Schmeichel arrived with high expectations but were really no better than who they replaced. So you're left wi Boaby & Mallo, both good shot stoppers, but prone to clangers. :bag

Edited by kiddy

Who were the worst, take your pick from Higgins, Flinders, Supple or Glennon.

Mmm, forgot about Supple actually. He was stinking.

I'd go for Flinders, Supple, Higgins and then Glennon.

It's telling that Higgins isn't even in the top 2 terrible keepers we have had in the last 5 years, given he was horrific.

I agree on Lambers, one of the few decent goalies we had in the Hughes era, yet shat on when another arrived on the conveyor belt, was it Schmeichel? :unsure:

Hill was no worse than Ferguson, youth being on his side & he was made scapegoat for the 8-1 defeat at Parkhead, though his social life eventually destroyed his stay at Westfield. :wacko:

Who were the worst, take your pick from Higgins, Flinders, Supple or Glennon. Howard did well when eventually given a chance, but left for more cash, to his detriment. Krul & Schmeichel arrived with high expectations but were really no better than who they replaced. So you're left wi Boaby & Mallo, both good shot stoppers, but prone to clangers. :bag

There's so much shite in this post I don't even know where to begin.

Mmm, forgot about Supple actually. He was stinking.

I'd go for Flinders, Supple, Higgins and then Glennon.

It's telling that Higgins isn't even in the top 2 terrible keepers we have had in the last 5 years, given he was horrific.

Worst

1 Higgins.

2. Flinders

3. Supple

4. Glennon

5. Ferguson,

6. Hill

7. Schmeichel

8. Krul.

9. Howard

10-12 A toss up between Lambers, Mallo & Boaby.

As I said, I wouldn't know where to start. I was going to pick out a worst part of it but the whole thing is just wrong.

Look at me everyone, I'm posting but really have nothing to say!

Bet you couldn't have named the keepers.

I'll start.

Hill was never the equal of Ferguson, even when the Bionic Man started to cost us games.

Aye, when Fergusson was playing at Hamilton & Hill was about 5 years old!

Just go back to the Awfulview season & the one after. Where you got a direct comparison. He was no worse than the "1st choice" pal of Yogi.

Edited by kiddy

On the topic of mentalists, I was reading that George Craig has said in his letter (haven't got mines yet) that got sent out with the ST renewal forms that he expects to shift more than the 2600 we had this season :lol:

On the topic of mentalists, I was reading that George Craig has said in his letter (haven't got mines yet) that got sent out with the ST renewal forms that he expects to shift more than the 2600 we had this season :lol:

It's actually a Martin Ritchie quote. Still hilariously stupid nonetheless.