The Falkirk FC Thread

Still the prospect of Pressley getting sacked before the season starts, so I can go to games again? :lol:

I'd gladly have given a new manager a free pass this season too, as long as he avoided relegation. Pressley can f**k off though - he's made this bed, so he can lie in it.

Edited by H_B

That was my initial first fear with a partnership of Dods and Scobbie. Granted McLean wasn't rapid but didn't seem as stecky.

We've hardly been blessed with pacey CB's the last few years mind - Scobbie, McLean, Bullen, Milne, Ireland, and now we can add Dods to that list. I'd kill to have Barr back right now.

We've hardly been blessed with pacey CB's the last few years mind - Scobbie, McLean, Bullen, Milne, Ireland, and now we can add Dods to that list. I'd kill to have Barr back right now.

I'm amazed Barr wasn't used as a makeweight in Hearts' interest in Flynn

I'm amazed Barr wasn't used as a makeweight in Hearts' interest in Flynn

Why? What possible interest would Barr have in returning to this shambles? Plus his wages would be the equivalent of 8 other first team players.

The only way he could return would be on loan.

They all aren't as immobile as Dods, with the exclusion of Scobbie and Ireland.

Indeed, but they were all still slow as f**k anyway. A Dods/Scobbie partnership doesn't fill me with any confidence at all, and that's mainly down to how pish Dods is.

To be fair to Dods, he does win most of the balls in the air and has been talking and organising the defence. His lack of pace is frightening though and we seemed to be pushing up and playing quite a high line today and last night. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

For the first goal he was out paced and caught up just in time for McAlister to cut inside him and poke it past McGovern. Kingsley was napping for the second. A ball over the top, McAlister ran in from the wing and hit it on the half volley. A really good finish if I'm honest.

We were pretty toothless up front today and Tam was getting frustrated at the lack of service. Higinbotham did see a lot of the ball but was too greedy too often. Wallace came on just after half time and Brisbane got a cameo in the last ten. All in all, not too many positives.

Edited by lanky_ffc

To be fair to Dods, he does win most of the balls in the air and has been talking and organising the defence. His lack of pace is frightening though and we seemed to be pushing up and playing quite a high line today and last night. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

How in the name of all that is holy can Pressley not see that playing a high line with Darren Dods in it is tactical suicide? You play to the strengths of your players, it's basic.

We were pretty toothless up front today and Tam was getting frustrated at the lack of service. Higinbotham did see a lot of the ball but was too greedy too often. Wallace came on just after half time and Brisbane got a cameo in the last ten. All in all, not too many positives.

It's going to be a very long season.

How in the name of all that is holy can Pressley not see that playing a high line with Darren Dods in it is tactical suicide? You play to the strengths of your players, it's basic.

"steven knows wot he s doing".

:rolleyes:

The Facebook page is comedy gold :lol:

Sets the whole "wummin 'n' football" movement back 10 years.

tbf HB, some of the younger fans posting in there are as bad as the "wummin"

On this season, it's going to be incredibly tough to watch. The Academy has never been good enough to supply more than a couple of players at a time to the first team, and even some of them have been ropey. Now we are probably going to have 5 or 6. They aren't good enough yet, and the odds suggest they never will be.

Again though, as a "back to reality" season, that is no bad thing. They'll get better and maybe one or two will be good enough in a season's time or so. Which is why it was really important to get a new manager in. Fresh ideas obviously, plus far more importantly it would have rallied the fans round a bit more and cut almost all of our ties with the failures of the past few seasons, now that most of the players responsible will be gone.

Which makes the decision to keep Bawjaws even more breathtakingly stupid than it would have been in other circumstances. I don't know where the club go from here. Try and cling on to a dwindling support through this season to keep our heads above water? IT's really sad to watch. And this really is Martin Ritchie's fault. At least I assume that Relegator made the final call to keep Bawjaws on.