The Falkirk FC Thread

Read in the Herald that Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Citeh all had scouts at the game last night.

And there will be even more watching the young players after Wednesday's result. There are plenty good young players throughout the country, but the difference with Falkirk is clearly that there are so many getting regular games for the first team.

And there will be even more watching the young players after Wednesday's result. There are plenty good young players throughout the country, but the difference with Falkirk is clearly that there are so many getting regular games for the first team.

It is almost the same at Livi and we have loads of scouts week in week out too. Our youngsters have been in the side for 2 or 3 seasons now so are 19/20 rather than 16/17 but it is a lovely feeling to be producing talent and it is the way smaller clubs must go in my opinion. You will also find, as we have, that by giving the kids a chance in the first team more parents of talented kids will prefer them to go to the Falkirk acadamy/Livi youth team than, say, even the OF. I know the parents of one of our star youngsters and he turned down Rangers citing the examples of Snodgrass, Dorrans, McPake, Halliday etc as why the Livi route was preferable.

Sorry to go a wee bit OT but, although the reliance on your kids might be enforced, it could/should be the best thing that has happened to you as a club.

From the BBC rumours page -

Falkirk midfielder Craig Sibbald celebrated his side's shock Scottish Communities League Cup win over Rangers by signing a new contract, but the 16-year-old remains a target for top English clubs. (Daily Express)

Good lad!

It will be Jay Fulton too. In the last two games he has been superb. I hope he starts in front of Murdoch tomorrow. He certainly deserves to.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Hi

As confirmed in the matchday magazine yesterday the Junior Bairns gift handover/new members event will take place on:

Sunday 25th September between 1pm-3pm at The Falkirk Stadium.

Sarah and the Committee look forward to seeing everyone there.

BUMP

Hopefully all those with a Bairn or 2 can make it along on Sunday for the gift handover/new members day.

Anyone looking to join can do so on the day, cost is only £5 per season and you get lots of things such as Free tickets, birthday/Xmas cards, goody bag, membership card and also the team squad poster.

It will be held in the stadium between 1-3pm.

Elvis, players and Fergus the Fox will be on hand too.

Edited by Falkirk Shop

Official FFC eBay Item ending soon (Tonight at 11pm)

• Signed 2006/2007 "player issue" home shirt. Signed by Latapy, Schmeichel, Lima, Milne, Dodd, Scobbie, Hughes, Rice and many more.

Current bid as at 9.35pm - £82.01

http://www.ebay.co.u...sid=p4340.l2562

Farid's shirt is already at £260 with 5 days to go, its going to make a fortune. :)

Watched the higlights of the Rangers game, cant believe we played that team and beat them so convincingly! Looked like a sterllar performance. Well done indeed.

Hopefully encourages more clubs to go down the same route, as you lot certainly seem to be reaping the benefit!

The euphoria after the match (in the stands and stuff i witnessed after the game) will live with me forever.

I thought it would take a lot to beat the Herts game almost exactly a year ago but wednesday was incredible. Watching the highlights again on FTV and you should check out the young team hurtling down the south stand centre stairwell after the 3rd goal and the amount of people down the front having a manhug.