The Falkirk FC Thread

I have just read the statement on the Club's website. Martin Ritchie is spot on with what he says. Good to see.

Still proud to be a Bairn.

His last sentence worries me, no mention of doing the right things by the fans. I wouldn't trust that wee fanny to get anything right.

I've got mixed feelings about the statement but I enjoyed the 2nd last paragraph:

"Fairness is a word not often quoted in the current situation. However, I think it is worth reminding everyone that when Falkirk FC were faced with provisional liquidation in 1998, the new consortium of owners paid every creditor (including the Inland Revenue) in full, i.e. 100 pence in the pound. If we had gone down the route taken by many clubs since then, paying only a fraction to their creditors, we would have had the resources to accelerate the development of our stadium and make an earlier return to the SPL."

Might stick it on my Facebook to see if I get any bites.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Farid looks set to join St Johnstone. Unsure about whether this would be a good move for him. If St Johnstone struggle this season (from the look of thier current squad they will) then he can't really fulfil his dream of playing in the EPL.

The EPL?! I like Farid as much as the next guy but I was hoping top end League 1/bottom of the Championship was where he'd end up. There is no way he's of that standard.

The EPL?! I like Farid as much as the next guy but I was hoping top end League 1/bottom of the Championship was where he'd end up. There is no way he's of that standard.

If say he went to Brentford and had a good season there I don't see why he wouldn't be able to force a move to a promotion chasing Championship side. What I really should have said is he would have a much better chance of getting into the Morocco setup If he was playing in England...

Murdoch looks pleased to be back training. I'm glad he is still here - top player.

As for Farid heading to St Johnstone, I hope not. I would rather he went down south and we never saw him again. Instead I fear he will struggle in a poor Saints side and will be seen as a flop.