The Falkirk FC Thread

Is he fast ??

No. He's a ball playing centre half/sweeper. Undersized, but one of the best passing centre halves you'll see at this level. Just don't put him at full back. I was disappointed when he left, but I can quite see why the club got shot of him.

I thought the rules on compensation were If a player U-23 signs a contract with a different team even If his former club offered the same or larger contract. So It all depends on what contract we offered him and what the contract was that County offered. I would expect County gave him a lerger contract than us so we probably will have to pay compo but I doubt it will be more than £5000

Five grand is five grand, nothing to be sniffed at. The truth of the matter is, he's an undersized passing centre half. He's extremely strong, but not the fastest. He's also a whiny little bitch, and spend half the season sulking about a "waste of a year" - he started the season as first choice but lost his place and did nothing to get it back ahead of Munro or Boyd, both far superior players - and started posting pictures of him getting shitfaced with his mates on Twitter, to the point that Richard Brittain had to have a word with him and he started being a bit more contrite. I honestly think he has depression - his Twitter feed has shades of John Stewart's Facebook page, if you've ever seen that.

Terrific signing though.

Edited to add; you may recall him doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NfGQ-EPrCiE

Edited by Savage Henry

Cool as f**k, like the pylon and powerlines

I could have photoshopped them out but I prefer my pictures to be raw and not touched up.

Still no fixed the roof then?

I noticed that myself.

Dean Holden's 17 month old daughter has died from meningitis,Sad sad news :(

I saw that, Scobbie, Mallo and Finnigan all tweeting him. Never nice to hear of a wee one dying, regardless of parent.

Can confirm this. Either that or another Chris Smith, but clubs definitely offered a Chris Smith a contract. Not much of one but a contract nonetheless.

Has Chris Smith officially signed for Falkirk yet, I know he's turned down his contract at Ayr and was rumoured to be heading to TFS.

Michael McGowan and Johnathan Tiffoney were also rumoured to be heading in the same direction but Tiffoney would cost Falkirk money and I can't see them paying it.

Where does tiffoney play ? Ive been impressed with smith this season he always dealt with farid well.

Tiffoney is a right midfielder but utilized as a right back by Brian Reid so who knows ?, McGowan is also a right winger.

By EWING GRAHAME

Published: 10th June 2012

ALEX SMITH insists that the SPL is KILLING the Scottish game.

The exclusive 12-team set-up was formed in 1998 — but since then crowds have fallen and Scotland haven’t qualified for the finals of a major tournament.

And former Dundee United and St Mirren gaffer Smith said: “That’s no coincidence. Until very recently, clubs were spending money they didn’t have signing foreigners in an attempt to compete with the Old Firm.

“Not only did that policy fail in financial terms, it also stifled Scottish youngsters, who found their way into the first team at their clubs blocked by players from all over Europe. Obviously, that isn’t good for the national team. Fortunately, due to financial pressures, most of our clubs are now looking to develop their own talent.

“Again, the Old Firm are the exceptions. James Forrest has come through at Celtic and Rhys McCabe at Rangers but that just isn’t good enough, especially when Celtic seem to buy every nationality except Scots.

“The real problem, though, is that supporters are sick of the SPL. They’re tired of the greed of those clubs and the constant focus on money, especially when their constitution guarantees that most of it goes to the big two.

“Even then, when you look at Rangers, they have failed. Their predicament should provide the people running our game with the perfect opportunity to restructure it.

“But they’re using the problems at Ibrox as a convenient smokescreen to hide behind. However, if the top clubs don’t act soon they’re all going to go the same way as Rangers.

“The SPL was supposed to make us a force to be reckoned with. Instead, they’ve almost destroyed Scottish football.”

Well said!

What does everyone think about going 3/5 at the back next season? Mentioned over on One F and I think it's a good shout:

McGovern

Flynn - Dods - (Other, Smith?)

Duffie --------------------------------Kingsley/Other

Fulton - Murdoch

Weatherston ----------------------Sibbs/Haworth

Farid/New CF

What does everyone think about going 3/5 at the back next season? Mentioned over on One F and I think it's a good shout:

McGovern

Flynn - Dods - (Other, Smith?)

Duffie --------------------------------Kingsley/Other

Fulton - Murdoch

Weatherston ----------------------Sibbs/Haworth

Farid/New CF

If Flynn is as slow as he's been made out it would be suicide to go three at the back with him, Dods and A.Nother.

Well said!

This is from the same man who was part of the management team who signed the likes of Dani Marceta, Kjartan Finbogasson, Toufik Zerara, Colin Healy, Pedro Moutinho, Pele and Enoch Showunmi in a 6 month period. How many of them are young Scottish players?

This is from the same man who was part of the management team who signed the likes of Dani Marceta, Kjartan Finbogasson, Toufik Zerara, Colin Healy, Pedro Moutinho, Pele and Enoch Showunmi in a 6 month period. How many of them are young Scottish players?

Fair point.

Let's all blame Eddie May, Ross Wilson and George Craig.