The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed, great news. biggrin.gif Should probably not get too upbeat though, there may be a few refunds demanded depending on the outcome of the Rangers situation. dry.gif

Indeed, but I can assure you there will be a further uptake in fans renewing their season tickets should the Newco application to the first division be rejected. Me included!

With the Official Facebook page linking the story regarding Marc Twaddle's return to Scotland, I'm seriously concerned that we've gone and signed him. I can't tell you how sad I would be if that is infact the case.

Dear god I hope not, I do think we probably need another left-back in the squad but a striker just has to be the top priority.

And of course Twaddle is fucking rank.

With the Official Facebook page linking the story regarding Marc Twaddle's return to Scotland, I'm seriously concerned that we've gone and signed him. I can't tell you how sad I would be if that is infact the case.

Yeah I thought exactly the same. It would a terrible signing.

Edited by FFC_GJS

Dear god I hope not, I do think we probably need another left-back in the squad but a striker just has to be the top priority.

And of course Twaddle is fucking rank.

I think it says a lot that Scobbie for me was a better left back and he was only passable around 60% of the time...

That said, I thought he may have been better suited to centre half, he looked fairly decent in there with McLean at the start of the May tenure tho Barr was never a right back and again similar Scobbie not a left back

1 league start, subbeed at 2-0 down and the team went on to win 3-2 afterwards and 1 JP trophy start as well as 1 league sub appearance was his total last season, A hell of a lot of work to do on him to get his confidence back up wherever he goes as he to me is a confidence/needs pro plus to stay awake kinda player. He scored the goal for us to beat Rangers in the league for the first time for x years and had a cracking game away to Celic is the good side of his time, not got enough time to mention the bad...... :o

Was it 70k we paid for Twaddle ???

and had a cracking game away to Celic

Was it 70k we paid for Twaddle ???

That game at Celtic Park he was fucking outstanding but after that it was pretty much all downhill and our first season in the first he was awful for the most part.

I think it was something like that we paid, at least £50k iirc.

IMO Twaddle would be a good signing as we currently need a left back. He isnt this best but wouldnt be that bad a signing.

Don't see why people don't like Twaddle. Was a good player from memory, and we do need a left-back, but I guess it's just a matter of opinion on his ability.

He was horrific and got worse and worse as his spell with us went on. Just because we need a left back doesn't mean we should sign him or that he would be a good signing.

That game at Celtic Park he was fucking outstanding but after that it was pretty much all downhill and our first season in the first he was awful for the most part.

I think it was something like that we paid, at least £50k iirc.

He was incredible in that game at Celtic Park. I'm sure the fee was 60k paid over 3 seasons.

He was horrific and got worse and worse as his spell with us went on. Just because we need a left back doesn't mean we should sign him or that he would be a good signing.

Like I said mate, neither my nor your opinion is fact, we'll just have to agree to disagree and see what happens. smile.gif On another note, can't Jonny Flynn play left-back?

Like I said mate, neither my nor your opinion is fact, we'll just have to agree to disagree and see what happens. smile.gif On another note, can't Jonny Flynn play left-back?

He can, as can Chris Smith. Ask County and Morton fans how that turned out.

No surprise that Compton is away. I thought he was actually quite a good player and was one of the best wingers in division one on his day. But he seemed a bit of a moany wee turd in the Wullie Gibson mould and to question the manager is unacceptable (even though he was probably right if indeed he had a rant against Pressley's tacticsph34r.gif) .

The club Facebook page has an automatic feed of all FFC-related stories from the Falkirk Herald website, so I wouldn't read anything into that.