The Falkirk FC Thread

First pre season today, Stirling away I know it's closed door but anyone have any idea of the line up/ score?

I'm told it's currently 3-0 Falkirk.

Jay Fulton, Dale Fulton (Pen) and Trialist

Edited to add; New Brockville Gold away strip got its first outing today and will be worn again at one of the Highland games midweek.

Edited by Falkirk Shop

I'm told it's currently 3-0 Falkirk.

Jay Fulton, Dale Fulton (Pen) and Trialist

Edited to add; New Brockville Gold away strip got its first outing today and will be worn again at one of the Highland games midweek.

Excellent. Will there be a report put up on the website later?

Report up:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6005&Itemid=320&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Bairns fielded two separate sides in the first and second halves of a game which they controlled comfortably for most of the 90 minutes.

The pitch was heavy after torrential rain in the morning but it held up well for the entirety of the match.

Albion’s best spell came in the opening minutes when player manager Macdonald headed narrowly wide from a corner after a Gavin MacPherson shot had been blocked by Dale Fulton. There was another let off in the sixth minute when an effort from Mark Ferry took a wicked deflection off Kris Faulds and forced Michael McGovern to make a stunning one-handed save on his line.

Gradually Falkirk forced their way into the game and it was no surprise when they took the lead in the 10th minute. Kris Faulds set up JAY FULTON on the edge of the box and his powerful drive cannoned off the unlucky Josh Flood to spin high over Albion’s trialist ‘keeper before it hit the underside of the bar and dropped over the line.

Falkirk’s impressive trialist midfielder rocketed a shot goalwards on the 15th minute mark but this time the Albion ‘keeper pushed the drive wide. The trialist was again to the fore minutes later sending Andy Haworth clear but the former Bury striker thumped his shot off the face of the bar with the ‘keeper beaten.

However it was 2 – 0 in 24 minutes when McDonald pulled down Falkirk’s trialist striker in the box and DALE FULTON did the needful from the spot with a crisp low shot.

It was much the same story in the second half. Alston should have scored when sent clear in 52 minutes but rolled his shot wide of goal . Better luck for the Bairns twelve minutes later when McGrandles crossed accurately for another TRIALIST striker to glance his header wide of the ‘keeper.

Four minutes from time, Jordan White should have made it four when the trialist striker set him up six yards from goal but the big forward clipped his effort just wide of the post.

A good work out for the side and a very competent performance in difficult conditions.

FALKIRK :

First-Half : McGovern; Rowan, Kingsley, Flynn, Dale Fulton, Faulds, Brisbane, Jay Fulton, Trialist A, Trialist B, Haworth.

Second-Half : Bowman ; Duffie, Greene, Smith, Dick, Alston, Comrie, Trialist C, McGrandles, Trialist D, White.

Bit gutted to see quite a few fans in the main stand in the pictures. was going to go through to stirling to watch the game wish i had went now. but good start for the bairns hopefully we can get a bit info on these trialists. I follow Luke Leahy on twitter and hes missed training passed few days through injury so surely he couldnt have been one of the 4 trialist? all roads lead north now.

Bit gutted to see quite a few fans in the main stand in the pictures. was going to go through to stirling to watch the game wish i had went now...

It said on the website it was closed doors though? huh.gif

It said on the website it was closed doors though? huh.gif

Yeah i seen that but have you not seen the pictures? there seems to be a small crowd in the main stand. Surely if you turned up they wouldnt have turned u away!