The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm sure he's a cracking speaker and I'm not expecting to stand and lead the room in a chorus of The Sash. It's not a name I'd want to see associated with a Falkirk event. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive or something but I'd have booked someone else. Good luck with it though, it's a very good idea and I hope you raise a lot of money because your views on how the club should be run are spot on.

I'm sure he's a cracking speaker and I'm not expecting to stand and lead the room in a chorus of The Sash. It's not a name I'd want to see associated with a Falkirk event.

This.

I think its a great idea let down by asking him to speak.

Someone then asked about the Sevco vote. A couple of people said they weren't sure of the answer before a Board member jumped in and said it was a secret ballot, we had a meeting, integrity of the vote blah blah blah.

That board member also claimed the HE didn't know how we voted.

Looking back it was actually quite clever as he took the mic to take the pressure of White who was the person who actually cast the vote for the club.

I wanted to challenge his 'secret ballot' nonsense, so due to being focused on that I didn't ask David White for a response which I should have.

To be fair the question was never going to be answered (I didn't bring it up, and wasn't going to) but since it was out there I wanted to make my feelings known...for all the good it did ;)

My main point was that all the good work the club had carried out in improving communications and relations with the fans had been damaged with their lack of transparency on the issue.

Donald Findlay has worked wonders for our club and for that I'll be forever grateful. He's kept the club alive and we wouldn't be where we are without him. However, I don't go to speakers events outwith the club that he's speaking at as I am not interested in many of his tales. I've heard he's fantastic though but I just worry he goes into that kind of things.

I'm assuming that a profit of 200k means that there's been a fair old chunk of soft loan repayments honoured, or were we paying nothing more than due intallments? Or was the loss from the previous season squared away?

I guess the things I'm still not sure about (and it relates to the Partick thing) is that if we have a budget of X and Partick have the same budget, is it simply a matter that they plough 100% of X into their first team, whereas we hive off say 20% of X to fund the academy.

The balance of developing our own players for the betterment of the team is one thing (with player sales seen as an incidental benefit) against a policy of developing players via the academy with the idea of selling them coming before any on the pitch considerations is a real worry.

Who knows, maybe these guys are right, and we have to get beyond the soft loan repayments before we are in a place where there isn't the same imperative to sell, and when we do sell, it goes straight back into what we see on the pitch. I guess we are still some way away from that.

Who knows, maybe these guys are right, and we have to get beyond the soft loan repayments before we are in a place where there isn't the same imperative to sell, and when we do sell, it goes straight back into what we see on the pitch. I guess we are still some way away from that.

They could just tell us if that was the case. Because things are shrouded in secrecy these events are a waste of time.

If that's the case then why not just say that though?

This.

I think its a great idea let down by asking him to speak.

Matt, seriously hope that people don't let this cloud. TBS had Leishman at their gig and he went a storm. I know he will go down well, I have seen him and he is superb. Worth the cash alone. Trust me on that

Matt, seriously hope that people don't let this cloud. TBS had Leishman at their gig and he went a storm. I know he will go down well, I have seen him and he is superb. Worth the cash alone. Trust me on that

I have no issues with Leishman. I'm personally going to give it a miss due to whos speaking. I genuinely hope it goes well for yous. As I said, I think its a good idea.

I'm sure some people got a shock when they saw Falkirk's budgets there. I made this point 2 seasons ago - the poverty line doesn't wash from Pressley. He has a budget at the very top end of the league. The fact the failure relates it back to one from the SPL says it all.

Who was the joker on here who claimed our budget was less than Cowdenbeath's last season? That was comedy gold :lol:

Edited by H_B

How is Pressley getting on with his exciting team of super gifted toddlers? Genuine question, I haven't looked at the First Division table this season.

tremendous. Super sexy fitba that's brings all the boys to the yard. Stadium packed with ejaculations everywhere.

It's so moist , we are the newest rain forest .

*none of the above is true

1349008519[/url]' post='6672041']

How is Pressley getting on with his exciting team of super gifted toddlers? Genuine question, I haven't looked at the First Division table this season.

You enjoy your moment in the sun....cause that's all it will be...a small blip in time where Ross county are in the big league with talismanic players like Richard Britain cause when uncle Roy starts cutting back you'll be back to your rightful natural level of a small second/first division team and buggering each other with the big end of a chanter is the main Saturday afternoon entertainment

Farid warming up yesterday at Prenton park.....he didnt get on at all and the Bees fans were singing to him as he warmed up after the first 15mins....A strange one as he has scored three goals whereas the starting striker yesterday has scored none....

post-256-0-39532600-1349036984_thumb.jpg