The Falkirk FC Thread

More fool you. It's that kind of dimwitted approach from too many Falkirk fans that has put the club in the mess it is in today.

Hmmm.....and you think you came across as an intellectual giant at the meeting? You took the deeply profound stance of no longer going to games. You contractually opted out of performances on the park being influenced by you in any way shape or form, and whether you like it or not, that kind of limits the gravitas of what you have to say, be it reasoned comment or snidey remarks to those who don't see things as you do.

I'd love to know what the mitigating circumstances are for this clown being unable to provide us with a team that can beat part time outfits like cowdenbeath and Airdrie. Both of whom have vastly inferiour playing budgets and training facilities to us.

Agreed. That is absolutely the point where his argument hits the buffers. All of our players are easily good enough to play (and compete) in SFL1. As a team, we aren't even close.....and that's the bit that will (deservedly) sink him.

There is however, all sorts of stuff behind that......and for me, it's back to the wrong mix of players. Lyle Taylor looks a classy player, BUT there is little or no doubt that the guy has been brought in with the idea of giving him a bit exposure so that he can be sold rather than improve the team......and that takes us back to Willie Wonka's Player Factory again. The cart has definitely been put ahead of the horse.

If the manager is changed, we'll probably get a bit of dead cat bounce, but unless the BoD pull back of the reins of seeing themselves in the Willy Wonka mould, any new manager is going to end up in the position we are now in a matter of weeks.

You contractually opted out of performances on the park being influenced by you in any way shape or form, and whether you like it or not, that kind of limits the gravitas of what you have to say, be it reasoned comment or snidey remarks to those who don't see things as you do.

This is complete and utter nonsense. All not going to the games limits is in discussing individual performances.

Actually, if more people acted as choirbairn has, change would have been seen a lot sooner. The chance was 2 seasons ago, after the stadium meeting. Ritchie was told in no uncertain terms that Pressley had to go. He gave a big "f**k you" to the fans by giving the useless clown a new contract.

If the fans had withheld season ticket money and not attended games there and then the message would have been sent. As it is, going along regardless just vindicates Ritchie and the board, and allows them to, for example, completely disrespect the fans by refusing to say how they voted on the Sevco point and maintain a failing management team, knowing full well that the "walking £20 notes" as the fans are, will roll up, roll up.

Non attendance is the only way to bring about change, if anyone wants change.

1349517671[/url]' post='6687898']

I don't recall that. But suggesting, as he did last season, that Kallum Higginbotham was the best player in the First Division, shows him up as someone whose judgement is seriously flawed.

As does his questioning fans, including myself, who suggested Falkirk should gone for Jefferies as soon as he was binned by Hearts last year.

The folly of not doing so will become even more evident over the coming weeks and months, regardless of the result today.

So I am not allowed an opinion now?

I told you to come and speak to me anytime I am in Elliot's rather than having a pop on a public forum. PM me your phone number and I will call you if you want.

Happy to have the discussion with you any time. I certainly admired that you at least came along a week or so ago and questioning Pressley. Therefore I guess a conversation will me won't be an issue for you?

We are both fans of the club. I believe that there are ways where fans can influence change you may not. It certainly is not a crime though on mine or your part.

Edited by Back Post Misses

So is that story about non payment of tax in the Herald this week new news or old news or is it just the fine thats the new news?

Edited by drs