The Falkirk FC Thread

Was the late collapse not due to Cregg being red carded, for a 50/50 challenge with Pedro Mendez, or am I thinking of another game?

No that was a 1-4 defeat was it not. Steve Lovell gave us the lead or equalised, and the ref (Gollum??) decided that was quite enough of that, thank you very much.

When Cregg got sent off we lost that game 3-1. 1-0 after Lovell scored but Gollum gave Rangers a penalty on the stroke of half him when Boyd flung himself down.

Not satisfied with that, he sent off Cregg and then the downright shitebag refused to admit he'd made the wrong decision. Rangers scored twice in the last 10 minutes.

We lost the game Barrett scored that goal 7-2 (Riera rocketed the other one in from 30 yards.). Even Kirk Broadfoot scored; a total embarrassment; though a number of Rangers goals were deflected that day IIRC.

Anyway...why are we taking about dead teams like Rangers and Gretna? What irrelevances.

When Cregg got sent off we lost that game 3-1. 1-0 after Lovell scored but Gollum gave Rangers a penalty on the stroke of half him when Boyd flung himself down.

Not satisfied with that, he sent off Cregg and then the downright shitebag refused to admit he'd made the wrong decision. Rangers scored twice in the last 10 minutes.

We lost the game Barrett scored that goal 7-2 (Riera rocketed the other one in from 30 yards.). Even Kirk Broadfoot scored; a total embarrassment; though a number of Rangers goals were deflected that day IIRC.

Anyway...why are we taking about dead teams like Rangers and Gretna? What irrelevances.

I remember the 3-1 game like it was yesterday. Never felt so cheated in all my life. Red card totally changed game.

Still remember the wankers on scotsport saying Barretts goal was offside, without even freeze framing it for a look.

Luckily I did it on my sky + and it was level.

We score 2 lose 7 and they still claim we were lucky.

The Cregg red card game was the 1 that we appealed and Rangers appealed a red for Sasa Papac. Surprisingly they won and we lost.

Still reckon the worst red we got at Ibrox was Tam Scobbies. I seem to remember a quote from Yogi that both Ally and Walter were laughing at the decision. So why the Feck didn't we appeal it?

You answered your question in the paragraph above.

We got some howling decisions against us in the SPL:

McManus on Holden;

McDonald late winner in same game;

McManus punching the ball in;

Conroy 'arming' the ball off the line;

Riera's joke red at Love St.;

The 4-2 defeat at Fir Park - all of it;

Barr sent off (second yellow) for bouncing the ball - Darcheville (should be second yellow) gets away with it;

Donati being booked, committing at least 2 further bookable offences and never even a word.

In all honesty, you expected a major decision like that almost every week. In the interest of fairness, I will now list the SHOCKING decisions of the magnitude of the ones above that went in our favour:

...and that's it.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Good memory with that Ranaldo.

Celtic were by far the worst for getting decisions v Falkirk.

In the interests of fairness and not wanting to seem bitter, they did have a good goal chopped off for offside in the 3-3 Westfield game.

1 for and 10 against isn't too bad a ratio.

ETA. The decision in our 3rd SPL game at Parkhead when Duffy was brought down for a stonewaller and the culprit only got booked, was as bad a bottlecrashing decision as you will ever see.

That game would've been on scotsport so someone must have a clip?

Game would've been August 2005 and we lost 3-1

Edited by Gaz FFC

New Assistant - Dale Brooks.

Id heard about it about 4 week ago without the name tho, but was told I wont know who he is but was an older ex pro down south....boy they were correct...... I was as I was when told glad that Holt is bringing in his own man, we have needed a clean out with the jobs for the hangers on.....

Presumably, since the site refers to him specifically as the new number two. Wouldn't mind Smith staying on.

Smith will be here for a long time......He has made a place for himself and is only on expenses. I actually like him, there is a fair bit of negativity with our fans, but he in his short spell had us playing some great stuff...tho his Rangers slant is probably why the negativity appears....

Ive heard Crawford will still be here next season.....He is the hanger on I wouldnt mind if we lost, his greety teared support of Elvis last season at the Park Hotel meeting made me cringe to hell and back, it still does thinking about it......