The Falkirk FC Thread

Who have we lost over the summer?

Dods - probably finished

Murdoch - fairly big loss

Weatherston - couldn't stay fit, better players in his position

Higgins - not good enough, better players in his position

I really don't see the need for a mad scramble to sign players, we certainly haven't lost the "spine" of our team. The young players are a year older. I think we need another striker for sure, if Taylor goes we need two of them. I'd like a centre back but we've got players there (Flynn I don't rate but he's there in that position).

I'm not saying we'll win the league (we won't), but how many players did Thistle add last summer? They kept the best players in their team so there was stability and no need to bed new guys in, and their young players had a good few games under their belts. We have a fine squad size and we didn't really lose anyone of any importance besides Murdoch, who's been replace by Durojaiye.

Taylor, Haworth Smith, Flynn, Leahy - last seasons ins at start of season

McGovern, Weatherston, Farid, Wallace, Bennett, Dodds season afore

This season - Scott Olly Durojaiye

I wonder why many are not in the happy happy camp at the moment.....

If memory serves me correct we even paid a small fee to County for Flynn :huh:

Dods - probably finished

I really don't see the need for a mad scramble to sign players, we certainly haven't lost the "spine" of our team. The young players are a year older. I think we need another striker for sure, if Taylor goes we need two of them. I'd like a centre back but we've got players there (Flynn I don't rate but he's there in that position).

I'm not saying we'll win the league (we won't), but how many players did Thistle add last summer? They kept the best players in their team so there was stability and no need to bed new guys in, and their young players had a good few games under their belts. We have a fine squad size and we didn't really lose anyone of any importance besides Murdoch, who's been replace by Durojaiye.

I dont think I need to remind anyone of our stats when Dods played, ok time was against him and perhaps next season wouldve been a season too far him with injuries, but Forfar have won a decent watch gettin him in...tho I do think we should be looking ahead....still a big miss and Ive said since he has gone, how many times will we say this coming season, that wouldnt have happened if Dods was there, more so as we aint replaced him

Murdoch, flattered to deceive at times for me last season but when he did play the team played, thinking mainly on Dunfermline games and Hibs first half

Centre half and Centre mid....to me thats the spine, throw in a Higgins and Weatherston whom both really were bit part players really but did contribute tail end of season with either goals or assists and we havent replaced either of them.

And this phrase that gets thrown out every year now, the young players are another year older.....HA......

Sibbald, Duffie and Fulton last season went a year backwards, Fulton perhaps had his moments but was in need of being dropped well before he was

You just cant tell with young players, hopefully Sibbald will come back to the player he was in his first season but you just dont know.

We need two players in at least, Id prefer four to bring it up to previous standards cause at the moment, there will be no real competition for places and as we have seen previously with some players, they aint as hungry when they know they are playing week in week out without a doubt

Partick added four but kept best of their team and the four made it stronger, we have lost a lot and not replaced owt, huge difference of which we should be challenging. There is no reason why we shouldnt with our fan base support and set up.

Dods - probably finished

Dureoyaiye is 19 for fecks sake and has hardly played a first team game in his nelly puff and yet he's replacing the most esperienced player we have in the middle of the park. Its far too much to expect him to start running our midfield at that age. You dont rate flynn but hes a centre half so thats ok. Come on surely we should expect a but more than well we've got players there. We're the second biggest club in this league and yet we'll be lucky to come midtable at this rate. Thistle signed Murray, Forbes, Muirhead, Lawless for starters last Summer and thats just off the top of my head. So thats at least 3 more then we've signed so far.

I dont think I need to remind anyone of our stats when Dods played, ok time was against him and perhaps next season wouldve been a season too far him with injuries, but Forfar have won a decent watch gettin him in...tho I do think we should be looking ahead....still a big miss and Ive said since he has gone, how many times will we say this coming season, that wouldnt have happened if Dods was there, more so as we aint replaced him

Murdoch, flattered to deceive at times for me last season but when he did play the team played, thinking mainly on Dunfermline games and Hibs first half

Centre half and Centre mid....to me thats the spine, throw in a Higgins and Weatherston whom both really were bit part players really but did contribute tail end of season with either goals or assists and we havent replaced either of them.

And this phrase that gets thrown out every year now, the young players are another year older.....HA......

Sibbald, Duffie and Fulton last season went a year backwards, Fulton perhaps had his moments but was in need of being dropped well before he was

You just cant tell with young players, hopefully Sibbald will come back to the player he was in his first season but you just dont know.

We need two players in at least, Id prefer four to bring it up to previous standards cause at the moment, there will be no real competition for places and as we have seen previously with some players, they aint as hungry when they know they are playing week in week out without a doubt

Partick added four but kept best of their team and the four made it stronger, we have lost a lot and not replaced owt, huge difference of which we should be challenging. There is no reason why we shouldnt with our fan base support and set up.

I really liked Dods (and was one of the few who did from day one) but another year would've been too much I reckon, the fact he's having to go to Forfar this season shows I'm not alone in that view.

Higgins and Weatherston contributed 9 goals between them in 58 games last season. Hardly a massive attacking contribution.

Sibbs had difficulties with injuries last season. It's also worth remembering that he was 17 last year so inconsistencies are to be expected. We also had him played in a deep lying role far too often for whatever reason.

Duffie came on to more of a game towards the end of the season.

"The young players are another year older" - how many seasons has this been said for? Is this the second or the third? Either way, there's a bit of a difference between these guys playing 30 games a season rather than being stuck behind dross like McBride or Finnigan a couple of years ago. They gained a hell of a lot of experience in terms of game time last year, and the physical difference in guys like Kingsley and McGrandles this pre-season in comparison to last year is night and day.

I agree that in an ideal world we'd bring in players.

Dureoyaiye is 19 for fecks sake and has hardly played a first team game in his nelly puff and yet he's replacing the most esperienced player we have in the middle of the park. Its far too much to expect him to start running our midfield at that age. You dont rate flynn but hes a centre half so thats ok. Come on surely we should expect a but more than well we've got players there. We're the second biggest club in this league and yet we'll be lucky to come midtable at this rate. Thistle signed Murray, Forbes, Muirhead, Lawless for starters last Summer and thats just off the top of my head. So thats at least 3 more then we've signed so far.

Durojaiye is a direct replacement, which is the point I was making. 1 in 1 out in that position, hardly crippling to the spine of the side.

My point re Flynn was he is using up a wage. I think he's a disaster waiting to happen but what do you want the BoD to do, release more money that we can't afford because Pressley gave a crap centre back a 2 year deal?

We're being told we have to sell players to "balance the books" again this week. My point wasn't really that the squad is perfect, or even particularly ready for the season ahead. This is it I think as far as the squad goes, given the financial position. I rate what we have highly enough to get us into the top 4 as it stands, I think this season we have a right to expect players like Duffie, Alston and Fulton to be experienced enough to take extra responsibility on the pitch and to make sure we win more games.

The final conclusion is that we're constantly replacing experienced players with kids who may or may not make it in the game. That for the second biggest club in the league aint good enough in my mind. The spine of your team should be your 3 most experienced players not a 19 year old brought in from norwich with no experience who may play a few games here or there for goodness sake.

The financial position we are in is due to to MR and his BOD and noone else. Over the last 5 seasons they have made one bad decison after another on and off the park which noew means we cant compete with clubs on half the attendances we are. Are you happy with that??

The final conclusion is that we're constantly replacing experienced players with kids who may or may not make it in the game. That for the second biggest club in the league aint good enough in my mind. The spine of your team should be your 3 most experienced players not a 19 year old brought in from norwich with no experience who may play a few games here or there for goodness sake.

The financial position we are in is due to to MR and his BOD and noone else. Over the last 5 seasons they have made one bad decison after another on and off the park which noew means we cant compete with clubs on half the attendances we are. Are you happy with that??

I agree with the first paragraph. And of course I'm not happy with the decline over the last 5 years. I would say that over the last few years I haven't been slow to criticise where necessary.

Make no mistake, the BoD are still trying to cover the tracks that lead back to what they did five years ago. That's what all of this is about. It's not about adjusting to a new financial world, it's about hiding the negligence that was rife in the George Craig years.

Dods - probably finished

Dods - probably finished

Mate, we needed 4 players last season before we lost the ones we did this season..

We have NO midfield and haven't since Millar left for Dundee United. We have one centre half who is awful on a good day and one player up front who looks like he will leave before a ball is kick in the league with very little chance of the manager replacing him...

Fcuk knows what happened with the quote thingy....

Edited by Hannibal Lecturer