The Falkirk FC Thread

If people are complaining over a seat that could bring in £££ for the club can GTF.

Main stand is shit, sat there for the a Alloa game and was dire. One swear word and you would have thought I shat in everyone's cornflakes.

Cants!

Those seats will have already brought in money for the club, given someone will have paid a fair amount to sit there for the season. I have no problem with people not wanting to move seats. Again, they've paid their money, they're entitled to voice their opinion. Just because some feel different doesn't mean they're in the wrong.

The main stand is far from shit. I had a season ticket there from the year we last won the 1st, to the end of last season and it was fine at worst. It could be argued the atmosphere is poor compared to the south stand (it is), but that doesn't make it shit. In those 8-9 years I never once seen anyone getting pulled up for swearing either.

FWIW, had I still had my season ticket I'd have been one of those getting moved and it wouldn't bother me too much. I however wouldn't like the idea of being asked/told to move if we had a temporary stand up as well. IMO the idea of a temporary stand should be to house the extra away supporters to avoid having to move our own. You'd still be getting an extra 1,000 away supporters through the gate.

Those seats will have already brought in money for the club, given someone will have paid a fair amount to sit there for the season. I have no problem with people not wanting to move seats. Again, they've paid their money, they're entitled to voice their opinion. Just because some feel different doesn't mean they're in the wrong.

The main stand is far from shit. I had a season ticket there from the year we last won the 1st, to the end of last season and it was fine at worst. It could be argued the atmosphere is poor compared to the south stand (it is), but that doesn't make it shit. In those 8-9 years I never once seen anyone getting pulled up for swearing either.

FWIW, had I still had my season ticket I'd have been one of those getting moved and it wouldn't bother me too much. I however wouldn't like the idea of being asked/told to move if we had a temporary stand up as well. IMO the idea of a temporary stand should be to house the extra away supporters to avoid having to move our own. You'd still be getting an extra 1,000 away supporters through the gate.

Fair enough, but what if sticking the temporary stand up was to add an extra 1k on top of the income generated from giving them half the main stand? Sorry man but it makes perfect sense. The club are just trying to maximise income and I don't really understand how or why some people would be unhappy to move seats a few times per season, especially since they're now being warned before tickets go on sale.

Fair enough, but what if sticking the temporary stand up was to add an extra 1k on top of the income generated from giving them half the main stand? Sorry man but it makes perfect sense.

A temporary stand as pointed out by someone a few posts back will cost money as well. Once you in add in the cost to build and maintain it, then stewarding costs for matches, lower ticket prices (presumably), how much profit will really be made from it? I'd imagine there would be additional policing costs as well if we were going to have a guaranteed extra 1,000 away supporters on top of those in the main stand + north stand.

I don't mind moving supporters, if the club want some additional revenue from Sevco coming twice then do it. My gripe is with the club saying they're investigating the use of a temporary stand to minimise disruption to our supporters, only to later say in the same article that if the away support was expected to be substantial, they would get the north stand, the temporary stand AND part of the main stand, which actually would disrupt our supporters as some will need to be moved anyway! They've either worded the article very poorly or they haven't properly thought this through.

The best way to move forward with this IMO is to just move supporters from the main stand, forget about the use of a temporary stand.

Does anyone know if Martin Ritchie has invested in a new red carpet for when Rangers visit? The old one's starting to look a bit manky.

Surprised he doesn't offer to play them at Ibrox to save them making the 25 mile trip.

Although I forgot how much salary loves a good 5* hotel stay on away trips. I assume they book into Inchyra or Airth castle?

Although I forgot how much salary loves a good 5* hotel stay on away trips. I assume they book into Inchyra or Airth castle?

Of course. They spend the evening entertaining the match ref and discussing the next day's decisions.

Of course. They spend the evening entertaining the match ref and discussing the next day's decisions.

I understand the referees in the old SPL get a hotel stay near the next days ground.

I wonder how many times Rangers and these refs would be staying In the same hotel?

It would save Falkirk having to splash out on the luxurious limo for Collum and his pals if the Rangers team bus just gave him a lift.

Surprised he doesn't offer to play them at Ibrox to save them making the 25 mile trip.

Ermmmm the Inchyra sure as he'll ain't a 5* hotel!

Ermmmm the Inchyra sure as he'll ain't a 5* hotel!

Well sure as hell the prices are.

ETA my apologies, it's 4*.

I assume that wouldn't be good enough for Salarys team of money grabbers.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Can say with pride that I never sat In This at either Westfield or Ochilview.

Looks a bit crap.

It also makes the place the look cheap although their is an argument it's better looking than a fence that blows over every year in the wind.

Hopefully mcgovern stays but if not we need a keeper to fight it out with bowman. I feel we also need another two strikers and two pacey wingers and obviously a right back with duffie seemingly on the way out. So our starting 11 should look like this:

Bowman/*new*

*new* Vaulks mckracken dick

*new* mcgrandles *new*

Alston/sibbald

Loy *new*

The players weve been rumoured with:

Dale hilson(winger/striker)

Andy mitchell (winger/right back)

Robbie thomson (goalkeeper)

Callum tapping (centre mid)

Peter grant (unsure think hes like vaulks as in hes played centre back and centre mid)

Unfortunately for us I don't think ollies mobile enough to play in a midfield 4 he would have to be in the centre of a midfield five for us to see the best of him. Ill be very surprised if kingsley is still here come august hence why dicks in at left back I also wouldn't be surprised if mcgranles went as he is exceptional had we been a premiership club then in a years time kingsley or him could have been our first £1m academy graduate. Vaulks needs to return to centre back hes clearly not comfortable going forward at right back. Only problem with the team ive picked is we don't have someone in the middle of the park that can stable the ship ie millar. If mcgrandles were to leave id love to see us sign tapping as I believe he has all the abilities to become a top player.

Has Paddy Cregg signed for anyone yet? I read a rumour before the cup final he was heading back.

Not yet.

I've seen him linked to Partick Thistle and ICT on the Premership forum though. No doubt he'd be an excellent signing. Disappointed we released him, but we've got an almost identical player in Scott Brown on the cusp of breaking into our first team.

Edited by Kyle

Wow. Complete lack of ambition if he goes. It'll be a pain in the arse if we put him with him learning the ropes only for him to walk when he was showing signs of quality.

What do you think the chances are of some of your young boys leaving in the summer? Think any will follow Fulton down south? If you can keep them all together and keep Millar then you'll do well I think. With another year's experience you'll hopefully see a little bit more consistency (probably would have gone up last year had Millar been there from the start). Let's be honest it's more than likely the top three will be Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but I don't think you'll be too far behind in fourth (maybe even third depending on how Hearts/Hibs do with transfers). Play-offs should be exciting next year!