The Falkirk FC Thread

Wow. Complete lack of ambition if he goes. It'll be a pain in the arse if we put him with him learning the ropes only for him to walk when he was showing signs of quality.

Agreed, at the start of the season I was thinking he was quite a poor manager, at the end I was thinking he's one of the best we've had for a while.

Herald rather oddly retweeting some complete weapon who thinks the Bairns should appoint Barry Ferguson.

Wow. Complete lack of ambition if he goes. It'll be a pain in the arse if we put him with him learning the ropes only for him to walk when he was showing signs of quality.

Hardly lack of ambition, he'll be on management team at a huge club and will probably treble/quadruple his wages.

We should show some ambition and pay the compensation required for Murray.

We'd probably get some good applications if we go down that route, the league is getting more publicity, the vast majority of the younger players are tied up to contracts and we won't have high expectations.

Must say I'm stunned at this. However, probably 5 times his wages, still has a house and family in Norwich and chance of been in the Premiership next season.

Doesn't help our cause though. Another change again this summer. The new man has to be in the same ilk as Holt IMO. Develops the youngsters, plays attacking football and has the desire to take us forward.

Don't let Ian Murray near us

Ian Polworth, the current Clachnacuddin manager would be good for it. Has done a great job training up youngsters through to the first team and has them playing attractive skilful football. But doubt Ritchie has the courage to hire somebody who has actually managed a football team before. Prepare for the next Powerpoint Kaizen master to learn on the job.

Ian Polworth, the current Clachnacuddin manager would be good for it. Has done a great job training up youngsters through to the first team and has them playing attractive skilful football. But doubt Ritchie has the courage to hire somebody who has actually managed a football team before. Prepare for the next Powerpoint Kaizen master to learn on the job.

Greig McDonald from Stirling.

No to both. We're a much bigger job than either of those names.

Good luck to Gary if he goes. He has served us well last season and has been rewarded with a move back to his old club with much higher profile. Hope he keeps his grubby mitts off McGrandles!

A young promising manager called Moyes is in the job market and might need the money!

Hi Ian

That will be Holt, Brooks and Crawford away so room for a complete new team. The new manager will be able to pick his own staff with old Uncle Festus there for advice. Exciting/Scary times.

Smith is a wildcard in all this, if I was an experienced manager not a chance I'd want him hanging around telling me what to do.

Open it up to applications/inquire about Murray would be the only two options I'd consider. Gary Locke can GTF.

Kenny Shiels is a stick on for the job, imo.

As for Holt, totally think he has done the right thing. Did a decent job but will be massively overshadowed in terms of finance in the league this year. Why waste 2 perhaps 3 years struggling for mid table when he can enjoy a title tilt at the premiership albeit from an assistant point of view.