The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

To be honest, any desire to have Pars games next season would definitely be outweighed by the hilarity of passing them by on the way up. Would also be #NaturalOrder restored too.

I agree, I would forego playing them 4 times next season to see them going down just for the fun.

Just hope we don’t shit the bed next Saturday. Win and it’s next to done IMO. I’m not being negative before anyone says, just scarred from previous years that we usually shit the bed when everything is in our hands/big occasions. Really hope we can do it the easy way and win comfortably. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Just hope we don’t shit the bed next Saturday. Win and it’s next to done IMO. I’m not being negative before anyone says, just scarred from previous years that we usually shit the bed when everything is in our hands/big occasions. Really hope we can do it the easy way and win comfortably. 

It's not about negativity or shitting/not shitting the bed for me. I just think, and have said before that the correct attitude from boardroom to terracing is exactly the one which is being exhibited. It's too important to be cmplacent this season, so let's do our job week after week until the job no longer needs to be done. Thats not next week, so with that in mind, let's just go and beat Hamilton, take the 3 points, move on, and let them worry about the permutations of catching us. 

Relentless professionalism is what I want until the maths say its done. And I see no sign of getting anything other than that. The football is sufficiently enjoyable that we don't need to yearn for the finish line. Just let it come to us. 

48 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Really don’t want Pars to go back down. Part of the fun is playing them. But they are a salutary lesson about how to go up and how to stay up.  

Much as I enjoy having the Fifers  in our league their relegation would be a glorious bonus to us romping the league .

It was brutal putting up with their gloating last season.

IF we replace Arbroath next season, there is no part time clubs next season to finish above. No Alloa’s or Arbroath’s who are usually always expected to finish bottom. That makes it even more crucial we strengthen and consolidate as there is no team you could predict to finish below us. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

IF we replace Arbroath next season, there is no part time clubs next season to finish above. No Alloa’s or Arbroath’s who are usually always expected to finish bottom. That makes it even more crucial we strengthen and consolidate as there is no team you could predict to finish below us. 

Ideally we win it then, and Alloa or Montrose come up too via the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I don’t know what “consolidation” means in a 10 team league, where only 4 positions mean definitely no change of league (even then 5th or 6th you might be vying for a promotion and feeling disappointed you missed out or 7th or 8th relegation and relieved you stayed up). “Consolidation” really means mid-table mediocrity, like 10th-16th in a 24 team league. All I’m basically saying is, it’s unlikely to feel like “consolidation” if we go up next season.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's not about negativity or shitting/not shitting the bed for me. I just think, and have said before that the correct attitude from boardroom to terracing is exactly the one which is being exhibited. It's too important to be cmplacent this season, so let's do our job week after week until the job no longer needs to be done. Thats not next week, so with that in mind, let's just go and beat Hamilton, take the 3 points, move on, and let them worry about the permutations of catching us. 

Relentless professionalism is what I want until the maths say its done. And I see no sign of getting anything other than that. The football is sufficiently enjoyable that we don't need to yearn for the finish line. Just let it come to us. 

Hear hear👏🏻  Agree that everyone from boardroom to fan is singing for the same sheet. For the first time in a long time too. I’d like to think hard lessons have been learned from our recent past, which has got us to the point we are now. But echo your points and we should turn the screw on Accies and all but finish it next week. But a humble professionalism to go along with it could see us cross the finishing line sooner than you think.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Hear hear👏🏻  Agree that everyone from boardroom to fan is singing for the same sheet. For the first time in a long time too. I’d like to think hard lessons have been learned from our recent past, which has got us to the point we are now. But echo your points and we should turn the screw on Accies and all but finish it next week. But a humble professionalism to go along with it could see us cross the finishing line sooner than you think.

Good words. 

My sister lives down the street from Rankin, her wee boy goes to games with us, now the lights are getting lighter, he’s getting full use of his Christmas presents riding his wee bike in his gold Falkirk top ringing his bell as he passes his house. 

Club needs to get next weeks game on every available social site. Falkirk Herald needs to play a part and every single fan who knows someone who’s  maybe chucked it after the four ghastly seasons a tap and get them down. Need TFS bouncing next week. Make sure we make the HA fans book on line tickets as they done to us. Give as many tickets as we can to the schools. Just get the stadium filled.

Anyone purchasing a ticket from Monday - consider a second ticket purchase at £10 etc 

Edited by Springfield

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Club needs to get next weeks game on every available social site. Falkirk Herald needs to play a part and every single fan who knows someone who’s  maybe chucked it after the four ghastly seasons a tap and get them down. Need TFS bouncing next week. Make sure we make the HA fans book on line tickets as they done to us. Give as many tickets as we can to the schools. Just get the stadium filled 

Give the North stand to Falkirk school kids and erect a workman's tent in the corner for their fans