The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We created and missed lots of chances, we are still unbeaten and 14 points clear at the top with a game in hand but you crack on and boo all you like. Sometimes our supports gets the team they deserve.

There’s clearly going to be some booing. No one is going to cheer having just conceded a late equaliser against a second bottom side when we’ve been flying. Most choose probably to just leave or have a wee chunter and leave. 

Lots of football to be played. We’re obviously in a very, very strong position but all it takes is Accies being within 8-9 points (14 points just now) when the Accies game comes round and there’s the odd butterfly, with 3 games to go after that.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

21 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Folk have every right to boo that performance. The keeper is dug meat and created very little against them. The last 10 minutes we couldn’t even pass it to each other. As Sir Alex once said “they get plenty praise, so they’ll get the criticism when they deserve it”. 

Can’t agree with this. I’ve booed Falkirk teams as much as anyone but usually when they’ve been spineless, non-trying Shitebags. I’m not sure booing them for having an off day as we canter towards the title is necessary but each to their own

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We created and missed lots of chances, we are still unbeaten and 14 points clear at the top with a game in hand but you crack on and boo all you like. Sometimes our supports gets the team they deserve.

Who said I boo’d ? All I’m saying is folk are well within their right to boo that. Missed half chances yes, but created very few clear chances IMO. We looked leggy and tired which is a worry for the week coming up. Two bang average performances in a row. Play like that on Tuesday and we’ll struggle for maximum points.

I disagree that folk are within their right to boo that and the fact there has to be some booing. I’ve booed the shit we have watched in the past but this squad has done nothing to deserve being booed. It’s all about opinions I suppose.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I disagree that folk are within their right to boo that and the fact there has to be some booing. I’ve booed the shit we have watched in the past but this squad has done nothing to deserve being booed. It’s all about opinions I suppose.

Would you disagree with clapping after that game? We didn’t lose after all.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Would you disagree with clapping after that game? We didn’t lose after all.

I did clap the team off at the end. I wasn’t happy to concede a late goal but I’ve seen enough this season to feel that the squad deserve my support. I can understand fans being frustrated but I still don’t think they deserved to be booed.

There were a few boos because it was a wasteful, pish performance. It wasn’t even widespread. It’s probably the first poor league performance of the season (barring the Edinburgh freak). The team have been backed to the hilt superbly by the fans this season as they themselves have been superb. Not sure it’s that deep tbh.

Totally dominated the game but lacked any cutting edge at all. Nesbitt and Maciver were very poor.

Ultimately though Long has got to do better- Hogarth should be back in on Tuesday.

Far from a disaster though as long as performances pick up.

Heads gone I see by some. Made enough chances to win 4 games. Keeper made a great save early in the 2nd half then has punched weakly and we don’t react to the 2nd and 3rd ball. 
McCann was superb today. 

Edited by BPM

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s the Scottish THIRD division! They’ve been there 5 years now. Should they manage to extricate themselves from this mire, it will be more in relief, than celebration.

Just now, BPM said:

Heads gone is see by some. Made enough chances to win 4 games. Keeper made a great save early in the 2nd half then has punched weakly and we don’t react to the 2nd and 3rd ball. 
McCann was superb today. 

Correct, another day we could've been two up in the first 5 minutes. 

Annan set up to frustrate us and it worked, fair play to them. 

As soon as that ball went in the box I knew long was going to struggle with it. 

McGlynn needs to start the strongest 11 from now on, that includes Hogarth in goal. 

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

Heads gone I see by some. Made enough chances to win 4 games. Keeper made a great save early in the 2nd half then has punched weakly and we don’t react to the 2nd and 3rd ball. 
McCann was superb today. 

Not one “heads gone” as far as I can see.

8 minutes ago, kiddy said:

It’s the Scottish THIRD division! They’ve been there 5 years now. Should they manage to extricate themselves from this mire, it will be more in relief, than celebration.

“We’ve”

9 minutes ago, BPM said:

McCann was superb today. 

I'm not so sure, enough crosses yes but in terms of actual chances there wasn't many. Took a howler from their keeper for us to go infront and a howler from our keeper to level the game. 

11 minutes ago, BPM said:

McCann was superb today. 

Hardly heads gone. That’s two bang average performances in a row. If it wasn’t for Hogarth’s big saves last week , we’d have drawn/lost that too. All it takes is for a couple of draws and Hamilton wins (like today ) and it’s opened up again. 3 away games in a row too to some difficult places.