The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As this has clearly shown the likes of st mirren and teams of a similar size in the top flight are far too far up the arse of the bigot bros to even contemplate doing anything that might not go down well with them.

Tbh we were just as bad when the ludicrous spl2 idea was floated. Aye pull up the draw bridge as we are currently in the "big" league. Few years later and we are in league 1. 

Agree the diddy teams bring a lot of this sort of thing onto themselves by being gutless when it matters

Edited by Beckford

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

As @Shodwall catstates the deeper you dive the more you realise this just hasn’t been thought through at all.

Imagine you win in the playoffs (Raith last week but in 2 years time) you then have 10 weeks in the off season to budget for a new grass pitch, contact and hire the Astro pitch company to rip it up (a process which isn’t quick btw), interview new ground staff for the grass pitch, lay the grass pitch, let it bed in, budget and source a brand new training facility, all whilst it’s basically your only holiday time as a board of a provincial football club.

It’s absolutely bonkers and definitely won’t be the last we hear of it. Completely calamitous governance.  

It's been thought through all right - SPFL become a closed shop.

Does anybody know if Celtic, Rangers, Hearts - Grass/Hybrid pitches have to come up as well?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

You don't have 10 weeks: there are 6 between POs ending and LC starting.

In practice Championship clubs will have to move to grass, find/build new training centres, and hire new locations for community/youth/etc.

All whilst getting a pittance in cash terms in comparison to the top flight. No matter how this is dressed up this is closing the door to the top flight on a lot of clubs and has heehaw to do with football. If artificial surfaces were so bad UEFA wouldn’t allow them in the CL and no clubs would ever train on them.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Would there not be scope for the other 3 divisions to breakaway from the Premiershipship ?

Its surely worth looking into.

Yeah and tell them to shove their cups up their arse.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

41 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Genuinely feel gutted about this decision and makes me completely apathetic to Scottish Football. You think people have moved on and learned from mistakes and then you see people like Div come on and talk about votes with conditions about money that don't exist. In fact the vote that Div has suggested didn't happen at all since there has been absolutely no consideration to financial support embedded in the vote. So for all the "yes but we want to support the finances" talk it's all just nonsense. The utter idiocy of not understanding how scottish football works is criminal for those who have a right to that vote. If you want better standards in the league you need to distribute money better not create situations that do the opposite and serve the few and that will never happen as has been proven time and again. Unsure why I had hope but here we are. A sad day.

Yep. The people who run our beloved game have proved themselves so utterly venal, self serving and incompetent over the years that I genuinely don't know why, at 51, I still have any space for the game in my life. We should be feeling on the crest of a wave going into preseason this year, but after this sort of thing you wonder what the point is.

I’m giving up on that thread on the SPFL about the artificial surface vote. I knew it was time to chuck it when a Morton fan said if they have to spend the money to make their grass pitch a good surface then why shouldn’t other clubs. That’s like all they folk who live in a minging dump of a house who think it’s fine cos they have a 55” TV on the wall or a hot tub out the back in the only space in the garden that isn’t covered in dog shit.

At the end of the day, there will be absolutely no change, until the arse cheeks that control our game fck off.

Scottish football is bent from top to bottom, with the odd decent BOD that thru no fault of their own are sucked into the circus.

On a side note, didn’t we have a recent international game at our national stadium that required tens upon tens of ground staff removing surface water after a couple of hours of heavy rain, that delayed the game for an hour until they got the pitch in a condition that was so called playable? 

I would actually donate to a fund to compensate the club involved if either us, Airdrie, Raith or Hamilton won the league next year and told the top flight to shove the promotion up their arse, it would show up the closed shop for what it is.

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m giving up on that thread on the SPFL about the artificial surface vote. I knew it was time to chuck it when a Morton fan said if they have to spend the money to make their grass pitch a good surface then why shouldn’t other clubs. That’s like all they folk who live in a minging dump of a house who think it’s fine cos they have a 55” TV on the wall or a hot tub out the back in the only space in the garden that isn’t covered in dog shit.

I think you took over from me, and I had just about said all I wanted to say there. Still waiting on a good reason for this action. It's embarrassing. 

Interesting to see fans of other clubs, mostly Aberdeen and Motherwell, going onto the thread now and saying aye this is a bit shite. Thanks, but perhaps your support a bit earlier might have been more useful.

4 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

you honestly think your players want to be training on Astro everyday  ?  ask their hips

Another ill informed poster. Know the facts before you add your tuppence-worth. 

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah f**k them. Don’t invite any of them.

Fair enough, can we still come though (aye I know, easy 12 points a season etc lol)

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think you took over from me, and I had just about said all I wanted to say there. Still waiting on a good reason for this action. It's embarrassing. 

Interesting to see fans of other clubs, mostly Aberdeen and Motherwell, going onto the thread now and saying aye this is a bit shite. Thanks, but perhaps your support a bit earlier might have been more useful.

There are a few decent fans of top flight clubs on there who can see this for what it is, Hibee Jibee has been vocal against it too.

I knew this would go through, in my 50 odd years of following the Bairns,  I struggle to think of many decisions that the top brass have taken that benefit us. 

And I know it's just for a few easy greenies, but the putrid patter along the lines of "shite decision but lol at Falkirk fans standing up against this" is just depressing.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

And I know it's just for a few easy greenies, but the putrid patter along the lines of "shite decision but lol at Falkirk fans standing up against this" is just depressing.

They fuckers are even worse.

I had a few of them berating me for suggesting that they all kiss the old firm arse, they do and always have. Those two clubs run our game, I don’t care what anyone says to the contrary.

Well, f**k them all. Let’s use this to galvanise ourselves further. 

I’d also start spamming Cinch and other sponsors accounts saying we’ll boycott them. 

Just reading Div’s pathetic justification for protectionism, backed by “it’s just my opinion” using the PnB account to post “facts” on social media.  Laughable.  Utterly laughable.

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Well, f**k them all. Let’s use this to galvanise ourselves further. 

I’d also start spamming Cinch and other sponsors accounts saying we’ll boycott them. 

Cinch have wrapped it anyway from the end of this season.