The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Just checking folks views on the new home kit. I'm not too sure about the top, will wait to see it in the shop first but if I'm being critical, I would have preferred the stripe in the middle of the top that would have made it look like a PSG top and there's presumably copyright issues with that. The stripe in the middle would also have led to comments of the top being last year's away top in reverse. I do think on first viewings that last seasons top was better but I'm happy to wait until I've seen it in the flesh first.

This post is also written on 4 hours sleep last night and being awake since 3am!

We did the PSG tribute strip a few years ago with Puma.

I think O’Neills have been superb so far, much better than Puma. The new strip is the right shade of navy, white shorts and red socks, exactly what a Falkirk strip should be. I think it will be popular and sell really well.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think O’Neills have been superb so far, much better than Puma. The new strip is the right shade of navy, white shorts and red socks, exactly what a Falkirk strip should be. I think it will be popular and sell really well.

The quality of the gear is also better in my opinion, not just the tops but the training kit etc too. A real good brand.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Has anyone got a compilation of all the records we have broken this year 

E.g. invincible, best start to a season, longest unbeaten run in the club's history, most goals in Scotland, top scorer in Scotland, home crowd record, defeating all opponents home and away, scoring at least 3 against every opponent etc. There may be more.

If so please post here asap and you will be credited when it comes out. 

1 minute ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

E.g. invincible, best start to a season, longest unbeaten run in the club's history, most goals in Scotland, top scorer in Scotland, home crowd record, defeating all opponents home and away, scoring at least 3 against every opponent etc. There may be more.

The best kebab pie in Scotland

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Just checking folks views on the new home kit. I'm not too sure about the top, will wait to see it in the shop first but if I'm being critical, I would have preferred the stripe in the middle of the top that would have made it look like a PSG top and there's presumably copyright issues with that. The stripe in the middle would also have led to comments of the top being last year's away top in reverse. I do think on first viewings that last seasons top was better but I'm happy to wait until I've seen it in the flesh first.

This post is also written on 4 hours sleep last night and being awake since 3am!

I agree, although think it's an improvement on last seasons. (thought our away strip was stunning)  

I just don't like red on a Falkirk top, personally. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree with HK, cracking strip following possibly three of the best strips we’ve had in years, great to see the club improving all marketing/goods and good quality merchandise.

My Invincibles stein makes everything in it taste good.

Even Tennents 

16 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Add to the other records Falkirk hold.

World record transfer fee: Sid Puddlefoot

First televised floodlit football game: v Newcastle

Only team with an 'R' in their surname to win the Scottish Cup

Most ex players from one club that have managed Scotland 7: Prentice, B Brown, Ormond, Roxburgh, Ferguson, C Brown, Burley

7 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am old, I got mixed up.   At least I didn't forget I support Falkirk, not yet anyway. Come on the Shire, I mean Bairns.

👍 Now, supporting the Shire would be a cause for concern

56 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Add to the other records Falkirk hold.

World record transfer fee: Sid Puddlefoot

First televised floodlit football game: v Newcastle

Only team with an 'R' in their surname to win the Scottish Cup

Most ex players from one club that have managed Scotland 7: Prentice, B Brown, Ormond, Roxburgh, Ferguson, C Brown, Burley

You're gonna have to explain this one.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

This season...

1. Least swerving centre forward in the league
  2. Most council complaints about the stadium lease/ownership/cost
  3. Least rumours in the supermarket