The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s the Scottish Championship not the Champions League.

Let's come back at the end of the season to see if I was that far out.  Every team in the Championship last year from 4th to 9th place got beat between 13 and 16 times.  In all probability we will not win the league or get relegated, we will probably end up somewhere between 4th and 8th or there abouts.  A little glance at last years table will show what I said is realistic.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yeah they’ve been a bit rough. Impressed with Adams so far 

Was Adams the young centre back (number 20?)? Was comfortable on the ball and read the game well. We didn't out him under much pressure though.

Aye game was feisty at times (often involving Mackie).  Decent run out all round I thought.

3 minutes ago, printer said:

Was Adams the young centre back (number 20?)? Was comfortable on the ball and read the game well. We didn't out him under much pressure though.

Aye game was feisty at times (often involving Mackie).  Decent run out all round I thought.

Yeah he's actually a right back, just filling in there due to injuries but he done well.

Felt sorry for Luke Rankin as he didn't have much service today but by christ the boy knows where the net is, brilliant finish.

Posted (edited)

Decent exercise for the players. Impressed with Adams and McKenna. Adams asked to play CB and comfy on the ball and running forward, nice passing and made himself available. McKenna looks big and physical, a grafter I thought, not easily knocked over - useful player this season for sure. Noticed McGlynn kept the back four on for full 90, likely wanting them to gel, given our shortage at the back, good management there. Noticed McCann’s out of his moon boot trackside, hopefully see him back fit soon. Morrison and Lang presume rested today. Looking good and getting fitter.

ETA - give Honeyman more game time please, he got in behind a few times on his short spell on and would like to see more of the lad. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I am very excited by Honeyman. 

Honeyman put in more good crosses in 10 minutes than Agyeman did in 80. Hopefully he'll be starting every week in the SPFL this season

18 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Honeyman put in more good crosses in 10 minutes than Agyeman did in 80. Hopefully he'll be starting every week in the SPFL this season

It was cross after cross from him in that ten minutes and constantly beating the defenders. Very impressed for someone so young and hoping he might find himself on our bench this season rather than on loan.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Let's come back at the end of the season to see if I was that far out.  Every team in the Championship last year from 4th to 9th place got beat between 14 and 16 times.  In all probability we will not win the league or get relegated, we will probably end up somewhere between 4th and 8th or there abouts.  A little glance at last years table will show what I said is realistic.

You make some really fair points but for some reason there are nutters who think we will automatically romp our way to a promotion push.

4 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

You make some really fair points but for some reason there are nutters who think we will automatically romp our way to a promotion push.

We should absolutely be targeting the playoffs. 

There's no reason why we can't achieve that.

8 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Can you show me a post where sombody has said we are going to romp our way to automatic promotion? …I must have missed that one………

18 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Sorry, who’s thinking that?

18 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

It was cross after cross from him in that ten minutes and constantly beating the defenders. Very impressed for someone so young and hoping he might find himself on our bench this season rather than on loan.

Adams & McKenna really pleased with, Honeyman played really well. Looked at ease and some terrific crosses. Just hope it’s nothing serious with Tam and Morrison. 

Made the mistake of pulling up some gobshite on the Facebook page who was getting overexcited by the disaster of only managing a draw with lower league Alloa.

Really painful reading.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I think Honeyman would benefit a lot more from a full season of football rather than being 3rd choice right winger next season

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Fucking hell it doesn’t sound too promising for the quartet who are out. 

Doesn’t sound great apart from McCann. Many posts about another CB, Looking like we need to find one (at least)

Edited by Springfield

9 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

I think Honeyman would benefit a lot more from a full season of football rather than being 3rd choice right winger next season

Send him over the Forth.

I think this is where the fanbase need to be realistic with expectations next season. We don’t have a huge squad and we are going to get injuries, we haven’t had the luxury of the pay outs that some of the Championship clubs have and we don’t have rich backers. We are a fan owned club and no matter how it goes we need to stick with them.

We stay in the Championship and build on it, we have the support to progress but I think it might be a case of building gradually. I hope I’m wrong though and we smash the f**k out the league🤣

Posted (edited)

Luck with injuries will be hugely important for us this season if we are to really push to be in those promotion play offs, our strongest 11 is as good as or not far off anybody’s IMO but we are quite light on depth of quality, particularly in defence and then also up front if McIver is out I don’t see a like for like replacement in the squad , Shanley has been promising but it’s hard to say just yet how good he actually is without having seen him start 4 or 5 games on the bounce. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

33 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think this is where the fanbase need to be realistic with expectations next season. We don’t have a huge squad and we are going to get injuries, we haven’t had the luxury of the pay outs that some of the Championship clubs have and we don’t have rich backers. We are a fan owned club and no matter how it goes we need to stick with them.

We stay in the Championship and build on it, we have the support to progress but I think it might be a case of building gradually. I hope I’m wrong though and we smash the f**k out the league🤣

Good post, as soon as the celebrations calmed down, took stalk of the forthcoming season and how the club would react going forward. Very happy with all the decisions on players signed and resigned.

The STs have been way ahead of expectations. The merchandise has been the best that I can remember and proud to say that I’ve be able to get one of the invincible limited edition tops.
However back to reality and after today’s feisty game, and McGlynns post match interview, more than concerned with our CB injuries.  Donaldson has now missed nearly three months and with Tam out it’s very worrying. 
Add Morrisons injury and really hoping  it’s not the same issues that needed Morrison & Tam to go surgery.
For me thought we’d need another CB, we’ve got four weeks till the real football starts, hopefully it all comes good.