The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I think we agree mostly but this just doesn't make any sense. 

Where are these supposed investors waiting to throw cash at us?

no idea, but the interest in scottish clubs seems quite high at the moment so I live in hope, the previous board from the Rawlins and they were happy to take a minority stake, there must be others.

5 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

If investors are putting in a considerable amount of cash into the club then quite naturally they would want a say in how the club functions.

yes that's true and if they are the right people or person then that's surely a good thing isn't it? the controls are in place to keep it to a minority percentage unless we want to change

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view, if the current model is not enabling us to provide the manager with a competitive championship budget, it will have to change.

There is no reason why a club with almost 4000 season ticket holders in addition to 1000 fans paying an average of £15 extra a month should not be able to compete with the teams in the league this season.

Clearly we shouldn’t be handing the club over to Mike Ashley, but I think it is increasingly clear that external investment will be needed and compromises may be required.

What are you doing about it ?

4 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

What are you doing about it ?

he (or she) should stand to be a director the next time the FSS need nominations. the ability to see into the future is a skill that might come in handy

Edited by AJ1981

17 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

look at our last squad in the championship - surely now we have a case of quality over quantity

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 19.29.04.png

Some of these names are iconic, but in the bad iconic kind of way. 

pedro spouted some similar pish last close season, he looks for the negatives where ever he can find them. He was dead against Aiden Nesbitt's two year deal for example, a guy who turned out to be one of our most influential players. He must have been upset that the season panned out the way it did as he had very little to complain about!

Now that we're in the close season he can sharpen his knives again and hope that he gets much more ammunition than he had last time around.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

pedro spouted some similar pish last close season, he looks for the negatives where ever he can find them. He was dead against Aiden Nesbitt's two year deal for example, a guy who turned out to be one of our most influential players. He must have been upset that the season panned out the way it did as he had very little to complain about!

Now that we're in the close season he can sharpen his knives again and hope that he gets much more ammunition than he had last time around.

Not sure what part of “we have the basis of a good championship squad” is negative.

51 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

look at our last squad in the championship - surely now we have a case of quality over quantity

*shiver*

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

and how do you know this? where are the facts or evidence? last season? we drew with PT, lost and beat Dundee Utd, beat Ayr and QP. Not a bad record. we can only be sure how the squad shapes up until October or November, maybe longer given the injuries. what i will acknowledge is these injuries has stretched the defence and it would be nice to have better quality cover, by my count the manager has signed 5 players who can play centre half, plus an apprentice. i discovered today that Logan Sinclair had an operation at the end of last season and is just coming back. this amount of injuries in one position is unprecedented in my time supporting the club.

Falkirk fans are historically pessimistic and i expect this is another case in point.  But lets wait and see what happens before making broad statements based on nothing.

This poster is notoriously wrong and has been ever since the club changed to the fan ownership model about a variety of subjects. 

What is correct however is the need for investment, but the right investment. Not people like Mark Campbell and the people who were backing him. 

I am content to wait till we get the right person/people to work alongside the supporters. That will take a lot of frog kissing by the Board but we certainly should not be taking the first tenner dangled in front of our noses.  When that comes, and it will, I am confident we won’t fall into the problems Motherwell found themselves in with their proposed investment. 

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

You need to attach a trigger warning when you post stuff like that.

10 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

You need to attach a trigger warning when you post stuff like that.

yeah sorry, it was a step too far. i was just trying to bring some perpective to the opinions being offered here today about the manager and the squad

5 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

yeah sorry, it was a step too far. i was just trying to bring some perpective to the opinions being offered here today about the manager and the squad

Who would you take out of that squad now?  McGhee? DKD?  Mitchell?

59 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure what part of “we have the basis of a good championship squad” is negative.

No, you're quite right, there's nothing negative about that statement at all, when taken in isolation! In the same sentence you went on to say we'd done well to retain Ross, which, again, is not negative. Could it be that the reason that you didn't also quote that part be because you previously said that you didn't think Ross should be signed as he wasn't good enough?

Show me all of the other positive stuff that you've posted over the past few days.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Because you negatively balanced it off with stuff like "need to be looking to improve their squad year on year, which I’m not sure we’ve really done"

And this is your constant, put a wee positive then whack in a whole lot detrimental comments in the next sentences.

19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Harry Burgoyne

I think he's the best loan goalie that we've had in recent times. Only caveat that I'd add is that he only played a handful of games for us, so we may just have seen the best of him?